1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Set to Become Biggest Oil Producer

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by JohnnyMack, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Certainly a triumph of Obama's energy policy. It has nothing to do with decades of research and engineering feats by private industry.

3. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Obama's plan for energy independence...more oil and gas exploration.

4. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

What about total energy production? I've always wondered if our natty gas, coal, oil, and uranium outpaced Russia. I'm too lazy to google it though.

5. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

Obama will have little to no effect on this unless they outright ban fracking and even then there are jurisdictional issues. Most of the oil that has been found is on private land and not public land. I have been saying this for a long time now. We are on our way to energy independence.

6. Skysooner

Actually I will disagree with you there. Our own industry publications tout all of the research dollars that the federal government put in that allowed the evolution of fracking. This isn't Obama but the previous 5 or 6 administrations. Most of this reserach came in following the advent of horizontal drilling in the Austin Chalk in the late 1980s.

7. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This thread has too much irony and sarcasm!

8. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OK. So a triumph of Jimmy Carter's Department of Energy. Go Jimmah!

9. Skysooner

Our industry does not like Obama. About the only thing he is doing that helps us in the least is trying to create a NG market for transportation.

10. okie52

Where is that? Write offs for ng cars? Distribution points for ng?

11. Skysooner

Long haul trucking primarily to create stations with high pressure NG tanks. Our company is a primary advocate for this, and we are receiving positive action by the administration. Unfortunately this is a chicken or egg thing. What is happening is localized supplies. Denver has a network of NG stations around the north side of the city. Unfortunately I live on the south side, so it makes no sense for me (especially since I only put 10k miles per year on my vehicle due to the mass transportation options here).

12. okie52

How are they helping? Tax incentives? Red tape reductions?

I haven't read where they are helping T Boone or Aubrey with their West coast distribution centers for long haul trucking. But, I believe, T Boone and Aubrey are using pipelines.

13. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

jimmah was pres in the late 1970's. It was an era marked by emptiness and failure. Disco was the music of choice, for example. Fake cocaine was openly sold to encourage gay sex ('Locker Room'). Designer jeans made their entry into American society.

Jimmah was the perfect president for a nihilistic and lost time: he did virtually nothing and what he did do was bad and stupid.

For those of us alive then, the time was saved only by the firm guiding example of true men and the women who loved them: John Derek, foremost, but also Mick Jagger and Farrah Fawcett and Tina Turner. Without them and their works, who knows what would have become of America?

Oh, and lest we forget 'purple sinse'. Yes, what would we have done without our little helper?

14. Skysooner

I only know that our VP in charge of that effort has had good things to say about the administration. They don't really get into details. One that I know about only because I was in the corporate jet when they were talking about it was a Canadian initiative that put a natural gas car on the train as the primary power generation. They rolled that out recently. Remember we are a Canadian company with half of our reserves up there, so we work with both governments. I wish I knew more specifics but that group tends to be pretty quiet.

15. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you look, you will see CNG filling terminals popping up at Flying J truck stops, including the one on the west side of OKC. At the moment this only means fewer parking spaces, but once the infrastructure is there...

16. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i think i have seen them at all of the Loves now