1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shannon looks better than Wort...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who is he ??!

2. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

not sure but i tend to agree....he made plays. Liked seeing J. Wilson in the secondary as well

3. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

He looked better than Wort. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a lot from now on. Wort is pretty good, but makes mistakes. I don't like him at MLB. He's a pretty good OLB.

4. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wort seems like a great kid but he keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

5. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He jogged on the 10 plays before he got yanked. How in the world do you classify "no effort" as a mistake?

6. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It was a mistake that he didn't try?

7. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Every time Wort was in the game it seemed like our D messed up, also Wilson is gonna be a stud

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I didn't pay attention to him, and at some point in the first quarter realized I had only heard his name once or twice. By that time, he was out of the game. Was he sick? I know Tom is no Bozworth, but lack of effort is not his normal style. After his poor pass coverage last week, I figured he'd bounce back, but I'm wondering if something was wrong with him, or he just got yanked because of effort. Wort isn't typically a guy that slacks off, that's why I'm wondering if he was 'all there' today.

9. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Stoops would not have allowed him to play if he was sick.

10. 8timechamps

Yeah, you're right Mama. It's probably just an effort thing. Maybe he'll be the kind of guy that learns from this, and steps up. If not, Shannon will step in.

11. BeaSooner

BeaSooner Active Member

Based on what I have seen from Wort, I would be surprised if it was just lack of effort. I simply haven't seen that from him. That said, that Shannon kid looked great today.

12. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

from the DOK

13. 8timechamps

Interesting. From what I saw, all of the linebackers that played did pretty well, except Wort.

14. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I vaguely remember Wort making some comment about his play after the UTEP game in a DOK article. I cant remember, but I think it had something to do with what he thought of how he played or his game grade?

15. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Merv said after the first quarter that he really thought OU would make the right defensive adjustments. Normally Merv is in glass half full coach mode but he must have seen something.

16. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thats because he is expected to play a position that doesn't fit him at all.

8timechamps likes this.
  17. IslandSooner

IslandSooner Active Member

Didn't get to watch the game, but listened to the better part of it on XM radio (red raider commentators) and they mentioned Shannon's efforts several times.... I never heard worts name called.... Just saying?

18. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-football-tom-wort-responds-to-critics/article/3706991

19. GameWarden

GameWarden New Member

From the Sooner Radio sideline crew:

During the KSU game: OU is not shedding blocks like they should.
    During the Tech game: Shannon is the most active LB I've seen since Curtis Lofton.

I've liked Wort since he started but he hasn't developed like I thought he would. He lets a lot of plays go right past him.

I don't think we've seen the last of Wort. He is talented and I think he has great heart.

20. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Wort had 1 tackle total in the game; Shannon had 6 with 1 TFL and 1 Sack and probably played about 1/3 as much as Wort did; the long screen pass they busted in the 3rd quarter Wort was just jogging after the ball; i guess after that Mike had him jog his *** to the bench where he belonged.