1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney Debate Strategy

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by SanJoaquinSooner, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It will be interesting to see if Romney's strategy of low expectations pays off. If his month of missteps and dropped balls were calculated for this pay off, then this may show his team's true brillance.

2. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

I'll be watching it closely for sure. The whole thing is amounting to a huge inconvenience for those of us who live in south Denver. Work is closing hours early so that we can get out ahead of the shut down of the major north-south interstate through the city.

3. SanJoaquinSooner

Romney needs either a home run or three consecutive ground-rule doubles.

4. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I hope the 'Zingers' he's been practicing on don't come off as rehearsed and look like he's auditioning for Jay Leno.

I'm sure the Conservative Base will love them regardless, but he needs to appreal to the Undecideds, not scare them off.

It's make it or break it time for Mitt.

5-0

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Anyone looking forward to these debates needs to a) cop a ****ing life, or, b) get a pre-frontal lobotomy, or c) seek serious professional help.

I'd rather watch cow turds dry than watch this crap. If this country is so ****ed up that there's a bunch of people who'll choose who to vote for based on a canned debate between two embiciles then we deserve to be in the shape we are. Sheezus people, wtf is wrong with y'all?

6. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Or worse yet, wait with bated breath to see which guy "wins." Mega-****ing-meh. Y'all are products of the Survivor generation I guess.

7. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Dean, there's a lot at stake tonite.

Romney's behind and needs a good showing to pull even.

Fun political entertainment at it's best. Man to Man.

5-0

8. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I feel confident that if I sat down for about 2 hours right now, I could write down the questions and both sides' answers and get 70% of it right. Politics is so scripted these days, I really don't feel the need to waste my time watching this crap.

9. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

I'll be DVRing it, watch the talking heads for a short bit after and might watch it. I'll be watching Survivor tonight.

Actually I bet Survivor gets preempted tonight. Netflix Instant here I come.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  10. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

I just hope that Obama explains how he is going to clean up the mess he inherited from his first term...

11. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Please tell me it's not pre-empting Modern Family. I can't go a week without seeing Sofia Vergara's hoo-haws.

12. SanJoaquinSooner

Without debates, Reagan may not have defeated Carter. He was trailing in the polls before the debates.

13. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Fun? Behind? WTF are you babbling about? Behind where? Oh, in somebody's stupid poll? Like I said, if someone changes their vote based on a debate then that person is a dolt. A blithering, slobbering, retarded, helpless, worthless dolt.

14. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Reagan would have beaten Carter with both hands tied behind his back. Besides, you cannot compare debates from 30-40 years ago with the crap that's on now. It's so scripted it's sickening. I wanna see Richard Nixonesque sweat on the trembling lip.

15. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Same could be said about Dubya and Al Gore...

16. TitoMorelli

TitoMorelli New Member

[youtube]bOmAQjD0xdA&start=9[/youtube]

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

They should go to Lincoln-Douglas debate format. I hated that unit in my AP English class. Oh look, a debate map. This side said this on this topic, the other side answered with that, then the other side dropped the issue... another issue was only addressed by this side, you cannot introduce new debate arguments in your closing arguments, you only have X amount of time to prep between speaking blah blah blah BLAHHHH

18. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

I've read where the dems have pretty much made up this 'Mitt practicing zingers' line.

19. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Anybody that needs a debate to decide who to vote for, or is going to watch it for entertainment is a straight-running dumas!

20. SanJoaquinSooner

You and all pubs better hope it matters, or else you'll have four more years of Obama.