1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a question for the Atheists of the Board

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by olevetonahill, Sep 12, 2012.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Why do Yall insist on ridiculing those who Believe in God and Or Jesus?
    I dont understand your thinking on this. Cant Yall just let em go on in their beliefs and leave them alone.

Theres at least 5 of Yall that Try to tear some one apart when they say something , WHY?
    Do their beliefs Hurt you in some way?
    Take Food off your table? What drives Yall to do this?
    Thanks in advance

2. tator

tator New Member

I think you should name names; otherwise, this is like asking mexicans why all of them like to be in gangs.

8timechamps likes this.
  3. olevetonahill

They know who they bare, Plus if youve been around YOU know who they are. What point would it make to name them?

4. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

isnt calling them atheists bad enough? ;)

5. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

They think they are intellectually superior, so to prove it they try to tear down those that believe in God.

6. olevetonahill

They claim that Name, I didn't anoint em with it.
    Myself Im an Agnostic, I just dont understand all the tearing folks beliefs apart crap that they do.
    Why I asked my question

7. tator

tator New Member

I'm in the same camp as you, just seemed like you were grouping all Athiests together.

8. tator

tator New Member

I'd speculate that this has to do with the specific people that are being referred to and doesn't really have anything to do with them being Athiest.

ie: they probably react this way to most topics, not just religious topics.

9. olevetonahill

Naw, I stated theres about 5 here that do that.

10. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Yup, I'd say you're prolly right on this.

11. olevetonahill

No the ones Im askin have stated very eloquently That they are Atheists and they go way out of their way to ridicule the believers here. I simply wanted to know why?
    Not get into a Semantics debate

12. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You Swissed this up right nice, congrats.

13. tator

tator New Member

It's a gift

14. tator

tator New Member

I'm mostly talking about myself

15. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

Jesus haters

the lot of you.....

16. SoonerTerry

SoonerTerry Well-Known Member

"I'm goin to heaven Lt. Vet"

forest voice

17. Ike

Ike party pooper

Typically, I reserve my ridicule for particular behaviors that are insanely irritating. By and large the majority of believers I know are nice and decent people, and I have no reason to ridicule them. That goes for any faith, not just christianity. I know quite a number of nice and decent muslims, jews, and hindus as well.

However some behaviors are just screaming to be ridiculed. Those include:

--People who see me as a "project"...who feel like they need to spend all their time around me trying to convert me. Granted, it's not very many people, but this one has to top the list. It leaves me thinking that they just want to be around me because they think that they'll get bonus points with god if they do convert me, and that they really don't care to be around me other than for the purposes of their religion. Bugger off. First, it likely won't work...I've heard all that **** a brazillion times before. Second, by their own stated logic of "I care so much about you I'd hate to see you in hell", the only proper response is for me to say "well, I care so much about you that I'd hate to see you waste so much of your precious short life on this planet believing in a bunch of nonsense, and acting on those nonsensical beliefs, such as you are doing right now."

--The "It's all part of gods plan" business. The more I hear/see this thrown about when commenting on a particularly tragic situation, the more convinced I become that if this particular god exists, he is a grade A *******.

--Wanting to teach creationism in science classes. The earth isn't 6000 years old. Get over it. No amount of shouting that it is will make it so.

--The circular logic of :
    A)"It's in the bible so it must be true"
    B)"How do you know the bible is true?"
    A)"Because it's the word of god"
    B)"How do you know it's the word of god?"
    A)"Because it says so in the bible"

These things don't apply to a large number of christians. I try not to lump them all together, because as I said above, I know a great many people of a large number of faiths that are good and decent people.

18. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I'm one of those lucky people who was actually given confirmation that there is a God. I already believed there was though. I surely wouldn't want to argue about faith. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

19. prrriiide

prrriiide New Member

I save my ridicule for those times when a position beggars common sense. Usually I'll just give 'em a link to a Carlin vid on youtube. FTR, I believe in God; I just don't wear it on my sleeve or ram it down someone's throat. I also believe He's sitting up there wondering how he could have created something so stupid, self-destructive, and self-centered as homo sapiens.

My favorite 'toon from The Far Side:

[​IMG]

8timechamps likes this.
  20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

this, except for maybe some of the good and decent part ;)