1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you be pro-life and for the death penalty at the same time?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Shakadoodoo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Just saying.... - You should call it Pro-Like - Pro whatever you like.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Because some people deserve to be eliminated for what they do to others, and some people are completely innocent, didn't even ask to be conceived, and simply due to the selfishness of their POS mother are eliminated. Apples/Oranges.

Also, it's going to the Oblama board.

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Will try to answer that. Im against the DP in most cases anymore . Exceptions are the likes of T.M. and those who admitted terrible crimes . Kill em in a heart beat

But any way

A pro lifer is anti abortion if Im correct they want to Protect an INNOCENT life
    Where as those that are Pro DP want to end a Guilty life

4. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Many people that are on DP are not actually guilty - DNA evidence has proven this time and time again - how does one justify that?

5. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I see a difference as well.

You can be antiabortion as well as support the death penalty.

5-0

6. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Pro-life = Pro-life - correct?

7. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And this doodoo teaches kids? Wow.

8. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I call myself pro-choice.

Others can call themselves whatever they want.

5-0

9. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I wouldn't bring that up in the class room - I teach kids how to think, not what to think - but it is fine to bring it up in a forum - wouldn't you think?

10. Turd_Ferguson

Quit play'n...you know damn good and well what the difference is...if ya don't, re-read Deans post. If your whole reasoning for this post was to bring attention to some doodoo that was executed then later found out innocent, just say it...sheesh.

11. Turd_Ferguson

Shouldn't you be teaching right now, or are you on a union break?

Sooner98 and OULenexaman like this.
  12. olevetonahill

Why i said Im pretty much ANTI DP

Except in cases where the perp has admitted his crimes like Timothy McVeigh and a few others .

13. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Life is Life - shouldn't you call it something different?

14. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

I will give the Catholic Church credit on this.

They are at least not in a contradictory stance. They oppose abortion. Hell, they also oppose any form of birth control, because (as Monty Python lampooned) "every sperm is sacred."

But they also oppose the death penalty. Fervently.

The other Christian denominations that split hairs on this are on shaky moral ground here IMHO.

But what do I know?

I'm a heathen.

15. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

The McVeigh case is a great example of how the death penalty in the U.S. is an arbitrary and unjust system. We put McVeigh to death, but TWICE spared the life of Terry Nichols for committing exactly the same crime. If someone with the entire weight of the FBI, state's attorney, etc., against them who is found by a jury to be guilty of hundreds of murders, including children, can get life, how can we possibly give the needle to someone who just whacked one person for love or money, a drug deal gone bad, or something like that?

16. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I'm back in school getting my Computer Programming degree - Teaching is not looking to promising and is not doing much to support my 5 kids by myself - I am going to satisfy my teaching bug by starting a new wrestling team in north Dallas - I moved here about 6 months ago.

17. Turd_Ferguson

So if they are GUILTY of a HEINOUS crime, then it's all good?

18. Turd_Ferguson

Good on ya

Holy hell, I'm sure I make a little more than teachers and 3 kids kick my bank accounts ***.

Again, good on ya.

19. olevetonahill

Naw, Ya idjits. McVeigh asked for and received the DP , So I wernt willin to argue that point .

What Im sayin is if the Perp gets the DP and has admitted his crime then I really dont have a Prob with it

On the other hand I have become anti DP in general

It costs far less to keep em locked up forever than it does to keep covering the costs of endless seeming appeals . Plus the bonus fact that IF a mistake has been made ya can still fix it

20. Turd_Ferguson

Go tit.