1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorial Green-Beckham

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Sabanball, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Like others have said, this kid will enjoy success wherever he goes, but the chance of him catching 80-100 balls/yr just went out the window if goes to either Mizzou or Arkie. He HAS stated recently that he would prefer to play in the SEC--and it's in that league that he will face the toughest defenses in the nation. He wants to play against the best, you have to admire that.

IF the latest rumors are true, this is a big get for Gary Pinkel.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

If he's as good as advertised, it won't matter what league he plays in. Assuming his ultimate goal is to play in the NFL, the level of defense he plays against isn't going to matter. If that were the case, he's have a better chance of being a high round pick in the Big XII.

If anything, his decision to go to Mizzou would be to stay at home.

3. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know you are really thinking the SEC is the best at everything....

But...the Big 12 had:
    A better non-conference schedule and win percentage.
    Did not play against anemic offenses.
    Had a better bowl record.

The SEC is top heavy. Their offenses are sorry to say the least. And you cannot argue against the fact that the lack of potent offenses distorts the greatness of defenses in that league.

Sure, Bama and LSU had good ones. But the rest were average to say the least.

Now back to your regularly schedule SEC sunshine pumping.

4. OU_Sooners75

How do you know he is as good as advertised?

I think he will be successful, but he also has a tendancy to drop a lot of passes.

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sabansballs will succeed at making us lowly non-SEC fans simply give up, and quit posting about our sorry excuse of a team with no tradition, no doubt. Why else, if that's his goal, would he want to be here?

6. 8timechamps

That's my point...IF he's as good as advertised, then he'll be successful regardless of the league he plays in.

7. OU_Sooners75

Dont get me wrong, I think he will develop into a good WR. But as I have said before, his competition in high school is about as strong as 3A in Oklahoma. Not very tough to say the least.

He benefits from being exceptionally tall and quick for a WR. He averages about 1 drop in every 3 balls thrown to him.

That is something that can be fixed. But we have seen first hand that actually fixing it can be difficult for a WR (Dejuan Miller for example).

His route running is okay...but not as good as Meteyor or Gardner (granted both have a year or two on him in age).

DGB has the potential to be successful whereever he goes. But potential only gets you so far....it will depend on how he develops and grows in college that will determine how successful he is.

He is a good kid from all the articles and interviews I have read/seen of him. And I do wish him luck whereever he goes.

If he comes to OU, I will be excited...but unless he pulls a Corey Nelson, he is not coming to OU.

8. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

does DGB read this board? sure seems like a lot of folks are trying to sell him on OU....would be a great get but jeez folks....

8timechamps likes this.
  9. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So I looked it up.

Tigers had two guys in the 50's last year, Hogs one with 66 and one with 54 catches. Assuming he becomes their go-to guy, he will touch the ball 25 to 40 percent less playing for either of these teams than he would were he in a similar position at OU.

10. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sabanball is a better poster than most of the Sooner fans here. I don't understand where the hostility is coming from. The SEC is clearly the best conference in the nation for football. Yeah, we throw the ball better, but they do pretty much everything else better. I don't like to admit it either, but that's just the way it is.

11. Sooner74

Sooner74 New Member

Whoa Eielson. The SEC is not "clearly" the best conference. We should wish this kid the best in his collegiate career and life, but what you are saying is a little absurd. DGB plays offense. He catches the ball and that is it. Defense/ST do not matter. So in making a point, DGB would be better going to a more pass happy school. I don't fault him for not though.

12. 8timechamps

I like having Sabanball around, but it is a Sooner board, so naturally, fans of other programs are going to meet some resistance here.

I'll agree that the SEC has produced the best teams over the past 5 or 6 years, but I wouldn't say it's "clearly" the best conference. My point to Sabanball was that a WR would be more productive in the Big XII (traditionally) than the SEC. A defensive player on the other hand, that's a different story.

13. 8timechamps

Um, this is a thread about DGB, what did you expect?

jk the sooner fan likes this.
  14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Get Phil to let me have my SPEK back and I'll neg the hell out of him. ;)

15. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's official...DGB is going to the Tigers

Good luck with Mizzou and the *** whoppins you are going to receive in the SEC

Mississippi Sooner likes this.
  16. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Indeed!

17. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

Mizzery loves company...

18. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Of course he does,doesn't every person with class and intelligence?

19. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

That's why I'm here! :)

20. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

When the Big 12 wins 7 BCS title games in a row, come back and we'll talk again about which is the strongest conference...;)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012