1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry Jones Returning...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Jan 5, 2012.

1. .

2. ahh, I'll leave it..

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Amazing he was able to get that big 12 title in '09 with the O-line we had that year. :p

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

As much as people want him gone, this is a good thing for the team. This should give us a couple more wins than we would have had under Allen or Bell.

5. Drew Allen to transfer now?

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

It is probably really difficult to, given our recent history of what happens immediately after you transfer: You find out that you would have gotten your shot.

This transferring curse has divebombed everyone from Keith Nichol to Noah Allen. You could even include Paul Thompson (who "transferred" to wide receiver) and Rhett Bomar (forced to transfer) in that discussion. If the players stayed as OU quarterbacks, they would have been OU starters.

7. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Barring any unforeseen early departures, OU is looking strong next year!

I like Jones and I am not upset by his return. I just hope he shows better leadership this off seasonand next season. I was impressed with him in the bowl game trying to het the team pumped up and being more vocal on the sidelines.

He has the tools to be a good NFL QB. He hasbeen lacking the verbal leadership when things are not going good. Most of the time he just looked like a deer in headlights when mistakes or drops occurred.

Goodfor Landry and OU that he has decided to come back.

Now I hope Stoops opens the QB competition up and make him earn it andnot just give it to him since he is a 3 year starter!

picasso likes this.
  8. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

That's what I was thinking.

9. Keith Nichol would disagree with you whole heartedly..

10. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hopefully the backup will get alot of reps and build a rapport with these young receivers.

11. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

You aren't serious are you?

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I believe B.S. will have the BEST QB we have on the field next year. If Thats LJ then thats what I want also to.

13. kevpks

kevpks New Member

OU should be a the preseason favorite by a wide margin with Landry back. He has some limitations but other than Geno Smith (who has never played a Big XII game), OU will have the best QB in the conference (by far IMO) and many impact players returning on both sides of the ball.

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

You don't think Keith would have started ahead of Landry after Sam Bradford went down in the BYU game? Or are you just saying that Keith doesn't regret leaving because he caught that epic goalline muscle-in-for-score pass to beat then-undefeated Wisconsin? :)

15. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

16. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

Are you saying to win the conference or the MNC? Because I can already tell you preseason #1 next year is USC. ESPN can't wait to give them on air fellatio again, it's been too long...

17. LVSOONER15

LVSOONER15 Getting it done

Good news for next year. As above posters stated, we will ranked a little higher and will be favored in more games. I just hope he acts like a senior leader and leads us to #8. This also has to be good news for our recieving corps coming in.

18. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Have to be conference..didn't you hear....the media has already decided the winner of the USC/Oregon game will play the winner of the Alabama/LSU game for the MNC after they play their regular season matchups in the middle of OCTOBER!

BillyBall likes this.
  19. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I meant conference, not MNC. There is no way we are a favorite for the MNC, nor should we be. We are in a mix of 8-10 teams that have a legit shot though IMO.

BillyBall likes this.