1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by TopDawg, Nov 7, 2011.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Houston is reportedly interested in the Poke's DeForest.

Link

2. badger

The latest rumor --- Norm Chow to Hawaii.

If true, I bet that's his retirement job. Norm's from Honolulu and that state isn't the worst place to live in the world :)

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

DeForest is the ST guy at OSU, right? Has a ST guy landed a program of note lately?

4. badger

Yeah, but he's also OSU's associate head coach... whatever the eff that's supposed to mean.

5. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Houston is no longer interested in DeForest.

6. badger

Looks like the Yale coach had to leave because of a mild case of George O'Lie-ry syndrome

Link

If you don't get the reference, he once told Notre Dame that he had a masters degree from a university and had three letters at New Hampshire, but doesn't really.

7. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

These weren't lies like that. The guy was encouraged to apply for a Rhodes scholarship, which he didn't but that was why he considered himself a candidate and he did attend a 49ers camp, he just never actually practiced with them.

8. badger

Heh heh... I disagree.

If he had just said that he was a candidate by his school, that would have been one thing. He apparently said that he decided not to go to a final interview. THAT is something that is reserved for people that are under serious Rhodes Scholar consideration, not simply "I might apply, I might not" status.

And why didn't he go to this final interview (that again, he never had)? To earn an NFL roster spot... wait a second a roster spot on an NFL team? Wow! There's only like 60 or so of those!

Oh wait... you actually meant that you were just trying out for a roster spot, that you didn't actually have an actual roster spot. And you only went to training camp for three days, didn't even stay through the summer? Well, that really... is unimpressive when you put it like that.

This situation was supposed to be a reflection of what his quarterback was going through, because his quarterback was an honest to goodness ACTUAL Rhodes Scholar finalist. So, Yale coach blabs that he, too, was a Rhodes Scholar finalist, but chose to not go to his final interview because he wanted to try to make the NFL. Awwwww, so he understands what his quarterback is going through because he went through it personally. He's so understanding and that is so cool... wait, no, his situation was completely different. Coach had NO chance of a prestigious Rhodes Scholarship!

9. Big D Sooner

Big D Sooner New Member

Anyone think that failing to land Bowman or Everett will doom Martinez? I hope so. He doesnt seem to be that great of a recruiter and his defensive backs lack discipline.

10. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It wasn't like he claimed a degree from someplace he did not earn one or claim to have been a Rhodes Scholar or a 49er, he just stretched his actual accomplishments a bit beyond what they were . . .

11. S008NER

S008NER New Member

12. badger

If they had visions of a big-name hire swirling through their Big East-bound heads, they need those heads examined.

13. badger

Looks like Wisky's Chryst is headed to Pitt.

Link

I give him one season before Pitt's coaching carousel inevitably starts spinning again :D

14. Jason Alexander

Jason Alexander New Member

I'm really excited to see how Norm handles coaching is own team. now maybe Hawaii can keep some of those top recruits in state.

15. northspeter

northspeter New Member

terry bowden back in D1 at Akron...

16. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

Paging TopDawg....

I believe we need a page one update - been over a week and lots of moves since the last one.

17. BoomerJ

BoomerJ New Member

How are the coeds at Akron. Terry wants to know.

18. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Do we have any staff members going with Sumlin to A&M?

19. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

Actually, the fan base is happy with this. They know they can not afford a big name hire, they do not want a re-tread and they realize an up and comer will be a 4 year hire at best until the facilities are upgraded. They are hoping Levine is the next Gary Patterson.

20. Looks like Holt is out and everyone else on defense at Washington. Guess that Baylor 777 yards hurt