1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawkeyes will travel. Will the Sooners?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by rock on sooner, Dec 5, 2011.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There's already a lot of talk and excitement with the Hawkeyes heading back to Tempe. They'll travel farther than OU will. Hope
    the fans can get over the disappointment and get behind the team. I'm here in Iowa, Hawkeye fans are a deprived bunch...used
    to lower tier bowls and are already talking about a date with a national program like the Sooners....date in the desert, etc. C'mon,
    Sooner faithful, don't let the team down. If I had the $, I'd be in Tempe! Boomer!:excitement::pride:

2. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Been there, done that. I went to the first Fiesta fiasco. No thanks.

3. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Sooner fans are tired of Arizona along with being tired of losing, sucking on D, stone-handed WRs not named Broyles, jabber-jawing LBs, etc...

I dont think many will make the trip this year. Perhaps drawing more attention to the face that something needs to shake the system up a little bit so that OU can get back on track. You know besides the losing to Tech, Baylor and getting our **** pushed in by OSU.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    Flagstaffsooner, OhU1 and Blue like this.
  4. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

Short answer - no...:miserable:

5. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

I couldn't agree more! Why would anyone want to go back to the desert, especially for a lower tiered bowl? This team has given up.. we saw that the other night. It's nothing but bad football, so why drive 1,000 miles to witness that?

6. IBleedCrimson

IBleedCrimson New Member

I'm only going if we fire Brent Venables.

7. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

It's Tempe (yet again) and it's the Toilet Bowl. I doubt we travel well. There is nothing exciting to see in this team. God forbid we lose to a lame Iowa team. The world might implode.

8. soonercoop1

soonercoop1 New Member

Very doubtful...

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I'd even go for that and I generally prefer the comfort of my recliner to watch the game. :)

10. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not contributing to the corrupt bowl system until there's at least a +1 playoff.

11. bonkuba

bonkuba Active Member

This will be the first bowl game I have missed since 2000........tired of AZ to be honest. Also, going to Disney World instead with the kiddos :excitement:

12. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

And Sooner fans are still pissed off about the fact that for some reason our conference got the shaft and didnt get the Orange Bowl. No we get the effing desert bowl with no damn history that everyone hates and that has a ***** *** name. I mean seriously wtf.

13. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Probably going to make the trip with my two boys. I love Phoenix in the winter (especially since here in Denver we've already had over 30" of snow).

Interesting note in the OP about Iowa traveling well, from what I've read in the Iowa newspapers, they are knocking the fans because they don't sell out their bowl tickets. If nothing else, tickets will be able to come by, AND it's a Sooner game. I'll make it fun.

14. MHSooner

MHSooner New Member

I'll be there for the 4th time in the last 6 years. My youngest daughter and I will make the trip. As 8 times says the weather has been a little brutal in Denver so far this year. Will be a nice change unless its like last year.

:angel:

8timechamps likes this.
  15. Neath a Western Sky

Neath a Western Sky New Member

Hell no. I am quitting quite a bit later this year than some on the team did.

16. OrlandoSooner

OrlandoSooner New Member

On behalf of the local economy, "Thank you."

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Yeah, I could use some warmth right about now.

18. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

I would 10 times much rather be tied in with the Orange Bowl. This is very easy... South Florida > Arizona!!! However, I don't like the tie in anyways. I mean, mix it up... it would be nice to go to some Rose Bowls, too.

19. oudivesherpa

oudivesherpa Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Big XII link to a Florida Bowl. The Big XII is a very good conference and our won/loss record in out of conference games is one of the best in the country. Tired of zona!

20. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

OU and the Big XII take a bath on this one unless OU was able to negotiate a very low ticket guarantee.