1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IF...osu wins Saturday

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Crimsontothecore, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Crimsontothecore

Crimsontothecore New Member

After browsing the score prediction thread I realized that I've never seen so many here predicting an OU loss. All things considered, it's understandable. After all, we are gutted with injuries to our very best players at nearly every key position, and by pure luck osu gets OU in stillwater in back-to-back years which just happens to be the two best years in the history of their program. Also, osu is legitimately a very good team. This started me thinking about why an osu victory would bother me. After all, losing to a top-5 team on the road is nothing to be ashamed of. It's nowhere near the embarrassment of losing to tech at home but for some reason that loss bothers me less than losing to osu would.

After sorting through my feelings on the matter I came to the following conclusion. I really couldn't care less if osu manages to put one trophy in their otherwise empty case. What would bother me is knowing that if they win, they will instantly declare themselves the best program in the state from the beginning of time. They have always tried to downplay OU's conference titles by saying how they care about other sports but you can bet that if they win a conference title they will become the same wal-mart tshirt buying fools they accuse OU fans of being.

To sum it up I just know that they would not keep things in perspective. The truth would be that their two best teams in history got OU in stillwater two years straight and only managed a split, pure and simple. They would also never admit that this years OU team is decimated with injuries even though they have cried for the last year that the 2010 outcome would have been different if Blackmon had been 100%.

Having said all this I still have confidence that we can get it done again this year, even against all odds.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If that happens, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cuz they be rushin fields and downin' goalposts on everybody :mad:

soonersweetie likes this.
  3. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

It's gonna happen... Be ready to accept it.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I honestly can't remember picking us to lose a game. I am an optimist, but their offense and our passing defense scares me. That being said, I have been feeling more confident about OU's chances after the Stoops press conference and considering the weather conditions. OU plays it's best football when it is an underdog. I definitely think we will play with a lot of fire.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Nostradamus is that you?

6. soonerinbixby

soonerinbixby New Member

I find it a little funny that nobody is giving us a chance in this game. Vegas is usually pretty smart and they say we are even with OSU on a neutral field and that is counting several main injuries to our team. I say we shorten the game and run the ball with success and get this thing in the 4th quarter and see what happens. We all know that OSU is a very good team but not a great team by any means. I know we can't win every single year like we want but after what I've seen this year in the Big 12, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we win this game.

7. Mad Dog Madsen

No, sir. Just hoping OU proves me wrong.

8. Mad Dog Madsen

But we're not playing on a neutral field.

9. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Playing at home hasn't helped the Pokes much in this series. We don't seem to fear the cattle gate as much as some teams.

10. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Hence them being favored by the 3

11. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

I think what he is saying is that even tho we, the invested, emotional fan, can't see it, these teams are evenly matched. One has to factor the betting public tho into that equation as well. That line would probably be set with the fact OU typically has more money played on its side than the Pokes.

12. badger

We have to let them win eventually or they might stop showing up... but for now, history dictates that 16 wins over a 100+ year period is cause for little concern.

Remember back when the Pokes were convinced that they'd win in 2005 just cuz no team had recently won more than two in a row? Didn't stop em from thinking (like Coach Hat) that they were gonna win in 2003, hehe.

13. madillsoonerfan5353

madillsoonerfan5353 New Member

I agree IF we can run the football we have a chance. But the only way we can convert on 3rd/4th and short or red zone is with the "Belldozer" and that is becoming more and more predictable. Blake hasn't shown a threat to pass and be successful doing it. If Finch, Millard, and Williams can run the rock we have a chance. I still think we need the "sharks" from FSU and *saxet* to show up, because if we get into a shoot out with this team IMO it will get ugly. If we have to blitz from the lbers or the secondary and can't get constant pressure from the front 4 IMO we are in trouble.

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

15. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Vegas also thought OU was 30 points better than Tech and several better than Baylor.

Also, I believe OSU was a huge favorite over Iowa State,

Vegas can be wrong.

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

No matter how wrong Vegas is....they never lose.

17. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

until i see OSU beat us, i'm going to assume we find a way to win this game

18. Hot Rod

Hot Rod New Member

...and they still may not make it to the BCS Title game. They celebrate over the little things though. If they win, it's still just a small dent compared to the whoopins we've put on them lately.

19. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

. . . we won't have to wait till 2012 for the end of the world.

20. badger

If you haven't tried vBookie this week, try it now. Go all in for OU, people. They need our vote of confidence now more than ever. I even included a link in my signature below. ALL IN FOR OU!