1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aggie will be aggie

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerInFortSmith, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SoonerInFortSmith

SoonerInFortSmith New Member

Watching osu v tulsa replay on FSW. With about 30 seconds left in the first half and up by 25 the sheep humpers go for it on 4th and 1 in the area of midfield. Thankfully Tulsa stuffs them.

Then the TU back runs for about a 10 yd gain but fumbles. 3 agroids jump on the ball. All the players get up off the pile except for two loSurs, who proceed to fight each other for the football. Even after they get up and start walking off they are still playing tug-of-war for it.

Just one word comes to mind in both instances: Classy!

2. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You seem surprised by aggie. Fear not, this too shall pass.

3. SoonerInFortSmith

Not surprised at all. Just thought I would share with all my brethren who haven't seen any of the game.

They also had grampa throwing TDs to Blackmon with 8 minutes left in the game and up by 26.

4. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that's not aggie, that's just being a dick.

5. SoonerInFortSmith

And the difference is?

6. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Imma have to get back to you on that one.

7. NCSooner18

NCSooner18 New Member

While all aggies are dicks, not all dicks are aggies

8. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

I am no aggie lover, but if you don't want the score run up on you, stop it yourself!

9. Zin

Zin New Member

In fairness to the sheep lovers, they were once up against texas 35-7 at halftime and ended up losing 56-35.

Sooner_Tuf likes this.
  10. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

Really? Did Blackmon even score this game?

11. CowboyMRW

Trying to get in FG range in the first half. Nothing wrong with that.

The players were just having fun with each other on your second point. Building camaraderie. Again nothing wrong with that

12. SoonerInFortSmith

Camaraderie huh? Looked more like 2 tubby kindergarteners fighting over the last cookie to me. Or maybe Pickens gives the guys a bonus for fumble recoveries.

13. SoonerInFortSmith

I just checked the box score. 4 yd TD pass from Weeden to Blackmon at 7:34 of the 4th quarter.

I can understand scoring late in the game when the other team is shredding your D but let the backups do it.

CowboyMRW likes this.
  14. CowboyMRW

I checked the box score and it says he did score but for the life of me I can't remember him scoring.

SoonerInFortSmith likes this.
  15. miesvander

miesvander New Member

7 minutes left in the 4th quarter would have made it around 3:00 in the morning. I don't even think Blackmon remembers scoring.

16. Spritekid

Spritekid New Member

In all fairness Tulsa and Texas are like comparing apples to oranges. I think it is safe to say Tulsa wasn't going to come back.

17. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate to say this but Landry was in with 8 minutes or close to it with us ahead of Tulsa about the same or worse...which I don't understand either...but I'm not a D1 coach...who lost his starter in the 2nd game and had his back-up struggle...just sayin..

18. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It was the first game, and the only game we had before FSU. You get your starters used to game speed as much as possible in this instance.

19. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

I don't like it when our starters are pulled. I want our impact players to rack up Heisman like numbers.

So even though I like to find fault in aggie, to be fair, I can see why they would do this.

20. SoonerInFortSmith

I remembering thinking at the time that they were leaving Landry in way too long. I would've pulled him mid 3rd quarter.