1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with road win over a top 5 team

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ictsooner7, Sep 17, 2011.

1. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

^^^^^THIS

Play this game almost anywhere else and we'd have been looking at 1st and 5, but for some reason it was like their guys were invisible to the refs.

2. limey_sooner

limey_sooner New Member

Win by ten points on the road over the number five team playing their biggest game in years. Screw em. Certainly room for improvement but this looks like a team with quite a bit of self belief.

3. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

you don't get to take issue with anything, poke. no offense. fellow sooner fans on here can take issue with what ever they want, you should just stay out of it.

again, no offense

Sooner_Tuf likes this.
  4. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

There was one time that TWO FSU guys were lined up offsides! I was screaming at the TV.

5. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^ me too... i think my wife is deaf

6. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Huge win on the road in a hostile environment against a team with a taste for revenge for last seasons' laugher.

The 'noles played very well, our defense was just a little better and both sides of the ball made plays when they had to.

7. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not all the O-line's fault, but the first and goal from the 3 that went nowhere was a big breakdown. No movement, no imagination, just hand off and fall down. Took us a long time to recover from that.

8. btb916

btb916 New Member

I thought that was happening as well, and I thought they were off sides a few times too. Oh well.

9. oumom2many

oumom2many New Member

This! That was a hostile environment and I say we endured
    for the WIN! HOORAH

10. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Well to be honest it wasn't even a big game. We can put this one behind us because we won.

11. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

Yes it is.......

12. King Barry's Back

King Barry's Back New Member

Yeah, that's how I see it. The only possible "issue" that could come up, as far as I'm concerned, is if FSU didn't really warrant the top 5 ranking.

But that's completely beyond our control, so I'd just chalk up the big W and move on. Afterall, last night's win was awesome, but it doesn't count for even one point next week.

And there's tough games to come. TX looks like they've already found their way back...

13. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  14. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like ESPNU will show College Football Scoreboard at 8:00am and OU/FSU at 6pm.

15. Sooner91ATL

Sooner91ATL New Member

The only thing I could nitpick over is the poor execution inside the 5 yard line twice, and what seemed to me to be inexplicably conservative play calling during the 3rd quarter. We have seen this trend through the past 3 offensive coordinators - it's the personality of the head coach, methinks, to be conservative on the road.

However, although FSU is not national championship caliber, they are a legit top 10 and likely BCS team, who will beat most any team in their home hostile environment like it was last night.

Our defense played clean, tough and physically (jolted everyone except the waterboy), and our offense did enough to win on a night when the opposing D had us schemed well, still smarting over last year's debacle. All in all, a very satisfying win and I am so grateful to be a Sooner. In every contest of merit there are things to quibble over the morning after, but that W is the only important thing. I am extremely proud of the heart and guts out team showed last night when we easily could have given in to the FSU momentum.

We owe the black and gold big time - let's hang half a hundred this week please.

16. Aries

Aries Active Member

^^^ This ^^^

I thought FSU looked very good. I felt they were outplaying us at times. Their backup QB did a terrific job. I'm very proud that the Sooners made plays when we had to have them. I think it was a HUGE win.

17. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

folks.....we played FSU - a VERY good football team....we werent there playing Florida Atlantic......give their team some credit for not allowing this to be the cakewalk it was last year (on our home turf)....

just enjoy a big win on the road......who cares what the talking heads say? who cares what their analysis is...they're just words - the espn chip on our shoulder is tired and worn out......

18. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep, this game was very similar to our visit to Alabama in '03. This was a good win.

19. DenverSooner751

DenverSooner751 New Member

The issue with ESPN is a matter of perspective and expectation.

I understand that ESPN's coverage is more entertainment and thus i don't expect journalism from them.

I also don't understand the obsession with continuing to watch when you know what you're going to get, there are other sport outlets if you want sports news. Just my opinion.

There is no issue with beating a top 5 team on the road, ever.