1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with road win over a top 5 team

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ictsooner7, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

The very same talking heads will that picked Free Shoes to win will now claim we should have won by a bigger margin. We won by more than tripling the margin. No respect.

2. CBUS_SOONER

CBUS_SOONER New Member

it wasnt a big win;)

Sooner_Tuf likes this.
  3. madillsoonerfan5353

madillsoonerfan5353 New Member

I hear ya, but **** em! that was a great win landry made a couple bone head throws but the line didn't help him and whaley should be the starter! but landry much like coach hhype found a way to win. im glad he is our qb!! Boomer!

4. madillsoonerfan5353

madillsoonerfan5353 New Member

herbie started right after half time!

5. DYNOMITE

DYNOMITE New Member

They were ranked 5... IF you guys thought it was going to be a big win then you were delusional. The #1 team and the #5 team should have been a nail bitter.

6. the-rover

the-rover New Member

Herbie is butthurt over what happened in miami tonight

7. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

My issue was in the gamethread half of the people calling for Landry to be benched and whatnot. And then just destroying Heupel for his playcalling.

8. Stooper

Stooper New Member

You are joking right? That was a huge win. Made clutch plays on the road when we had to!! Did it in Stillwater last year, did it against Nebraska last year, did it in this game tonight. Our line controlled the line of scrimmage in our run game. No ko returns for TD's. Little Jimmy went 3/3. All things we have not been able to do on the road in the past. Boomer!!!

9. CBUS_SOONER

CBUS_SOONER New Member

our o line needed to play better. PERIOD

10. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

word. any win against a top ten team ON THE ROAD is a big win.

11. CU Sooner

CU Sooner New Member

Great win, showed real character after the game was tied. I think it only gives them more confidence. However, i do think hype's game calling was lacking. But that said, it is his first big time game and i bet he learns a lot from it.

12. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Did you see the gaping holes on the drive that lead to the last field goal? They knew we were gonna run and they couldn't stop us. Offensive line grades out at a A-. Superb job.

13. vtsooner21

vtsooner21 New Member

Nothing wrong with beating the #5 team in the nation in their house. I'll take a 10 point win any day.

Boomer

ouduckhunter likes this.
  14. CBUS_SOONER

CBUS_SOONER New Member

looked good on two or three drives. Im justbeing abojective

15. opksooner

opksooner New Member

The talking heads will announce that it really wasn't a road win since it's only 1008 miles from Norman to Tallahassee.

ouduckhunter likes this.
  16. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Is this English?

17. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

While there are some things I wish we did better and know we can do better...it was a ****ing W!!!! #8!

18. LVSOONER15

LVSOONER15 Getting it done

Same here bro. We are in control of our own destiny. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

19. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Their D-line was reading the snap count and jumping it.. when they did this they were unstoppable and our offense staggered.

Also, did anyone see the MULTIPLE times their Dline was lined up IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE?? WTF!!

20. CU Sooner

CU Sooner New Member

agreed, their tackle was very obvious. I stated in an earlier thread that this was a terrible officiated game.