1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradford Statue

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by brokenarrowboomer, Sep 4, 2011.

1. brokenarrowboomer

brokenarrowboomer New Member

took a look at the Bradford statue , am I the only one who thinks it does not look like Bradford ?

2. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does. Not. Resemble.

4. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

FWIW, none of the statues are really lifelike images of the people they're supposed to represent.

5. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

It's the thought that counts.

6. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nope... not even close. The others are a bit of a likeness... but Bradford's isn't even close.

But it's more impressive that there statues in a Heisman Park in Norman... that's something to talk about.

7. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Looks exactly like every male member of his family including him to me :smug:

8. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

What's the over/under on the number of threads about how much Sammy doesn't resemble Sammy? I'm taking the over...

When you have a greater than life statue dedicated in your honor FOR ALL OF PROSPERITY, STFU about how much it doesn't look like him. Sammy ain't bitching, neither should any of you. The point is, Heisman. Heisman. Did you hear, Heisman?

9. sooner59

I don't really care that it isn't that life-like. What strikes me more is the fact that the actual color of the statue is different from the others...like they used different materials. It's not as dark as the others. It's ok, just different. I love see statues of Sam and Jason and know that I was in the stands to watch them play.

10. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It should age with exposure to the elements and have a similar look in the future.

11. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Is bird crap one of those elements?

12. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Actually they had the head left over of when they started construction of the Heupel statue in 2000 and when Weinke stole his Heisman it was decided to go ahead and recycle it...

13. OK2LA

OK2LA New Member

I'm just glad it doesn't look like this

[​IMG]

14. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

Everytime I see this, I laugh and laugh. Somewhere there is a Mcdonalds missing it's "Mayor McCheese being chased by a bear" statue.

15. sooner59

Holy ****. I seriously can't contain my laughter when I see that. Its hilarious. I don't care what school it is, that is just hilarious.

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

true dat

17. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the University Co-op REALLY underestimated just how bad these papier-mâché statues looked....and the reactions to them since they got rid of them pretty quickly. Even many UT people thought they were a bad joke.

18. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

As long as metaphorically it represents Sam, it's ok. Resemblance is overrated. right? right yall?

19. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

They looked horrible on the website you can purchase them from. Yet they still decided to buy them

Then, ever after seeing them in person, someone one decided to still have them put up and just say "oh these are just general representations".