1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRE CAPEL ! ! !

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by StoopTroup, Nov 24, 2010.

1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

2. yankee

yankee New Member

*Chaminade ;)

3. GDC

GDC New Member

This team, and coach, are pathetic.

4. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I still think Capel is a pretty good coach, but he's had some unfortunate circumstances, and it may be best for him and the university to part ways.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

It's only November... it's only 2010 for cripe's sake. Can we at least wait till 2011 before starting these threads? Hell, even Va Tech bounced back from losing to James Madison in football.

7. OUstud

OUstud New Member

VT did well last year. And we're now 32-36 without Blake Griffin. As far as I can tell, Capel doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground without BG out there. Look at all of his recruiting flameouts/busts too, if you're going to defend that aspect of his regime. We need a fresh start.

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Fair enough, but doubt Joe C will fire a coach midseason without something really earth shattering (i.e. NCAA major infraction)

9. OUstud

OUstud New Member

I agree. If it happens it'll be at the end of the season, but I really think it needs to happen, for both parties' interests.

10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

11. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

Did stoop troup just start a "fire" thread?:eek: :eek: Well, I guess considering what happened, maybe its not THAT suprising.

12. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

Patillo....and Warren....Mason-Griffin and Gallon.....and Chaminade. Each of these is a finger. When StoopTroup closes his hand it becomes a fist. And if, he wishes, He can turn it against Capel.

13. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rationality?Really? What are you thinking?

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

15. caseysooner

caseysooner New Member

16. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Oh come on guys...He doesn't need to fired. Be thankful we have him. Remember the John Blake years? Definitely better than that right?

oops wrong sport. ;)

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I personally would like to see Capel get at least this year and, if he can show he's going to put together a solid recruiting class, next year as well. I have to cut the guy some slack for pulling in 3 MCD AAs that turned out to be complete turds. What are the odds of that?

However, if this year goes as expected, and his recruiting prospects look grim, then I don't see any reason to believe he's going to get things rolling after that. IOW, if he hasn't bottomed out, right now, I don't really want to see how low he can dig the hole. In that scenario, I say turn him loose at the end of the year.

19. Crimsontothecore

Crimsontothecore New Member

If you don't know how to handle blue chippers, the odds are pretty good.

20. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Don't think there's enough to conclude that yet. The 3 in question really look to be low-character guys. I think the better argument would be that he he wasn't able to properly assess their character.