1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the Tiger fans:

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jadubya, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we made a ton of stupid mistakes and Mizzou took advantage. Mizzou was the better team tonight, end of story. Congrats

CrimsonJim likes this.
  2. TigerNuts

TigerNuts New Member

It was just one first down.

3. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've over it but it will be crazy if we're still ahead of Missouri in the BCS. The BCS is weird.

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No chance

5. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1. It wont be in Columbia.
    2. OU does not lose to the same team 2 times in the same season. :)
    3. We will have the best Big 12 officiating crew, not the one that turned a blind eye to some very obvious holding calls and hands to the face early in the game.
    4. OU will want it more! Missouri will go in thinking they beat OU once and they can do it again!

6. TigerNuts

TigerNuts New Member

You should be, give where we both started the night. I don't for a minute think we've "arrived". It was a great win, but a LOT of work left to do.

Collier11 likes this.
  7. Okie35

I think if anything we'll be right behind you but a few others lost too so I don't know.

8. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We wont be. A loss in the computers really hurts!

We will still be Top 10 though...or should be.

We should drop to about 8 or 9 and Missouri will jump to prolly 6 or 7.

9. Okie35

Yea I think we'll be right behind them.

10. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

This ^^^

Congratulations on a well earned victory. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Collier11 likes this.
  11. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

I figure we'll be closer to the top 15. It's kinda rare for the voters to be forgiving after a loss, even to another highly ranked team.

12. TigerMatt

TigerMatt New Member

Look who must have been drinking too much again tonight.

Face it, Missouri is better in the trenches than OU. Missouri didn't have a single 3 and out tonight. Missouri controlled the clock 21 1/2 minutes of the second half and over 38 minutes total in the game. Missouri outgained OU 287-101 in the second half and 486-402 overall. Missouri had more passing yards 308 vs 303 and rushing yards 178 vs 99. Missouri averaged more yards per pass and more yards per rush. Oklahoma didn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter.

Missouri had two turnovers and gave up a crazy 77 yard kickoff return and followed that up with shooting ourselves in the foot to get you guys to the 2 yard line without running a single play. Missouri also was sloppy with some handoffs including a couple inside the OU 5 yard line that resulted in field goals instead of TDs. Missouri also had more penalties than OU.

That was not Missouri's best effort execution wise.

You made guarantees all week leading up to this game. Your guarantees are meaningless.

13. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

LMFAO

This must be like winning the Super Bowl for Missouri fans.

Again, see you in Dallas.

14. TigerMatt

TigerMatt New Member

Great win, but in every statistical category OU was beaten tonight by MU. But I'm reading a lot of sour grapes here tonight.

It was a twice in 21 games win for Missouri. Games like this happen. Sometimes for one magical season, one of the lower rung teams can be better than the traditional powers.

15. sendbaht

sendbaht Well-Known Member

Yes Tiger fans I can say, well done. I hope we get yo play you again this year.

16. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

Good game tigers. Cya in Dallas!

17. Sooner70

Sooner70 Active Member

A Great win for the Tigers & it takes a good team to take full advantage of another team's mistakes. Mizzou did.

Gabbert had all day back there. Mizzou had the ball 17 minutes more possession than OU. That's over a whole quarter the Tigers had to play than the Sooners. That's hard to overcome. MU's O-Line did a great job all night. They had a really good game plan.

In spite of all that, OU had a chance to win this game. For the life of me, I still cannot understand why OU cannot recruit a credible FG kicker. Here goes Stevens missing a chip shot. That's totally unacceptable for a supposed big time program. Stoops & Co. need to get their act together on this and also do something to bolster D-Line play.

At least it seems our boys were trying to the end. Man, you ought to hear the tongue lashing the Longhorns are getting down this way on getting beat by ISU. Even Mack Brown is disgusted with his lackadasical team.

It's gonna be tough for the Sooners to win the B12 S., but here's to hoping they do & we get a rematch with the Tigers. I'd be honored to play them again and this time put the best Sooner foot forward.

18. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Reversal of fortune will be during the Big 12 CCG.

OU was sloppy and the lines were weak. Bad when the safeties have to cheat up to help plug the middle and then can't decide to cover close or deep and leave the middle wide open.

Landry was getting flustered and no protection... which led to him becoming more and more locked on his primary target to get rid of the ball quicker and quicker before getting mauled. As the game went on, he was getting more and more skittish and our o-line became more and more like a seive, be it fatigue or frustration or more likely both.

Good game plan by Mizzou, well-executed and included a few gadget plays (damn I hate the hook and lateral plays). Our boys will go back to practice and get ready for Colorado.

We'll be back and hopefully a cleaner game in terms of turnovers.

19. oumom2many

oumom2many New Member

Congrats and hats off to Mizzou! From where I sat, the Tigers were incredibly strong and buckled down in the trenches. One thing I haven't heard much talk of, is how difficult it is to play in a stadium that is 98% opposing team fans. Faurot Field was electric and "Gold Out" last night, for that matter, the little college town of Columbia was blazin' hot. Hope to see our Sooners play this in Dallas where Crimson is overflowing in Dec. ;)

20. oumom2many

oumom2many New Member

I meant to agree w/ Sooner 70 about the kicker. Our team is sharp except kicking and it sucks. :(

Geez, this year will be remembered for all of the missed attempts and fails and how the hell did this happen???