1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the Tiger fans:

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jadubya, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jadubya

jadubya New Member

I am officially eating crow.

Great game by your team. I am impressed with your squad.

On the other hand, OU played a perfect game to lose on the road: (1) give up big plays on special teams (2) fail to tackle (3) turn the ball over in the red zone (4) miss scoring opportunities.

Mix in a horrible reversal on the fumble that was overturned....and BAM...you have a great road loss.

In short, our defense sucks. I have never seen a worse tackling Sooner team in my life.

Best of luck to you the rest of the way. Beat Nebraska....and hopefully we see you in the Big 12 championship.

Quinton Carter....you can't graduate fast enough.

2. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Congrats Mizzou. See you in Dallas in the rematch.

Crucifax Autumn and StoopTroup like this.
  3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Agreed.

Crucifax Autumn likes this.
  4. BoomerSooner esq.

BoomerSooner esq. New Member

Yep, see you in Dallas boys. Good luck with the rest of the season.

5. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Mizzou tonight was clearly superior in the trenches, on both sides, and they played aggressively and to win. We did our usual road fold, but Mizzou capitalized. They deserve credit for the win.

6. TigerNuts

TigerNuts New Member

Thanks, fellas. Very classy, especially compared to most of the stuff I read here this week.

Here's what I noticed tonight. I think OU was still the bigger, faster team, but for whatever reason, they were much sloppier. I think some of that starts with the QB but there were miscues all over the field. I can confidently say that our D caused a lot of that but, in the end, it basically boiled down to the fact that we weren't intimidated anymore.

Don't know what this means (if anything) for the long term Big 12, but as a fan-base and as a team, this game had a much different feel.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

The thing that surprised me is that they either have a lot in their reserves or they really tapped that Home Field advantage because I never figured they could keep their intensity going for 4 quarters. They some how kept enough in the tank to take advantage of our mistakes. I hope they keep it up I'd like to knock them off in Dallas and show them why it's tough to be King.

8. BoomerSooner esq.

BoomerSooner esq. New Member

I think that kickoff return had a lot to do with the confidence ;) Hopefully that doesnt happen in December!!!

9. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, I aint eating crow...no need too.

Missouri played good enough to win while OU played their second worst game of the season.

Take the 3 turnovers away, the score woudl ahve been at least 48-25.

But it is part of the game...and no, it wasnt the defense. Jones flat out threw two of the picks right to the defender.

Good luck and remain unbeaten so we can beat the #1 team in the Big 12 Championship again!

BOOMER!

10. TigerNuts

TigerNuts New Member

Give the D some credit. I hear this from our own fans and it is BS. Either the D was good or your players suck. It's one or the other. And I don't remember anyone saying your players sucked before the game.

I'm not gloating in the least bit. It was a great game and I hope we get to play you again.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  11. jadubya

jadubya New Member

/\ That logic doesn't hold water. Mizzou had a turnover that we scored on as well. The only "gimme" turnover was the last one by Landry. Madu was stripped and the first Landry pic.....while an ill advised throw....was still an athletic play by the DE for Mizzou.

Our tackling is what lost this game. We moved the ball just fine on Mizzou all night long.

The Tigers had NO REASON to think about history....because they set the tone early and we pissed down our leg with turnovers and missed field goals. Their defense played well and ours played horrible.

They have a better team than we do.....tonight.

12. jadubya

jadubya New Member

/\ that was directed to Sooner 75....not the Tiger fan.

13. bringit

bringit New Member

Do you really? Why?

14. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Too many of our players sucked tonight. We are at least a two touchdown better team than Mizzou which we will prove in Dallas. If we don't then I will eat some crow.

Nobody feels worse right now than our players so everybody go easy on them unless of course you walk on water.

15. OU_Sooners75

I would, had it not been for the fact that OU turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. Twice inside the 10.

Then OU misses a fg.

Missouri's defense benefitted for the TOs, but it wasnt like they actually pressured Jones to cause them, or even tipped the ball to cause them. Jones flat out threw them to the defender.

Jones never looked off his target. He set his eyes on his target well before he threw to him.

Missouris Defense gave up a ton of points and yards. Yoru defense did not impress me at all. Put that game in a neutral field or even in Norman, OU wins 10 out of 10.

Missouri probably played their best game of the decade while OU played their second worst game of the season.

Like I said, good game. Take the win and good luck the rest of the season. Please remain undefeated and dont lay an egg against Nebraska next week. I want OU to face Missouri in Dallas for the trophy...and if Missouri is #1, that will make it even sweeter!

Take the win and go back to tiger country. Be glad the football gods are frowning on the #1 teams this year!

16. TigerNuts

TigerNuts New Member

Because I am tired of being scared of OU and UT. Tonight was pretty cathartic.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  17. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

18. All comes down to making plays and Mizzou capitalized on the biggest plays of the night. Hope we can win out and you guys send nebby off to the b10 with a big case of the butt hurts and we can play again. Congrats to you guys.

19. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good win but you shouldn't want to play us again out of Columbia. Just my 2 cents.

20. OU_Sooners75

It isnt athletic to jump a couple inches into the air with the ball thrown right at you...OU was going in to take the lead 14-7, instead it led to a 14-7 lead for Misery.

The next one was not a strip. Madu got hit and the ball popped out. OU was going in. Cant remember if Missouri scored on the following possession.

Add a missed FG, that is a total of 24 point swing.

The last TO led to a TD for Misery. We werent in the redzone then, but it led to a Misery TD.

So that is a total of a 31 point turn around. Meaning OU missed out on 17 points and Misery gained 14.

That is a huge difference in the game score.