1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could This Be Bob's Best Team to Date?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerNate, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Of course it's very early and none of us are predicting anything but we can't hide the fact that this team is ranked #1 and it was supposed to be 'next year's team.'

What if the pieces continue to fall for the next two years?

(Note: If you are a player please don't read this thread)

It just seems that this young team has chemistry and Bob's ear.

2. ChickenStrips!

ChickenStrips! New Member

Fun fact: No player on the current team has ever started 6-0. :)

I think we'll find out a lot about them in the coming weeks. I'm pretty excited. :D

olevetonahill and Okie35 like this.
  3. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Right now its not beating 2000 but I love where the team is heading.

4. hotshot13422

hotshot13422 New Member

2000's D was really, really good.

2010 has a way to go.

PS. It would be really cool to win the first national championship for the last two decades..

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Any Yall dumasses , Gonna say The 2K team was the BEST at this point in the season /

6. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

it could be the best fully recruited Bob Stoops team.

7. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

The 2000 team had a lot of heart. They played D with a toughness that I haven't seen from this team. I believe defense gets teams to championship games and the offense wins them.

We will see what this defense can do starting this weekend.

8. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some of those hits Saturday had some heart behind them!

9. prrriiide

prrriiide New Member

The potential of the Sooners for the next couple of years is astounding.

10. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

No offense, but that Iowa State team looks really weak. If they go down to Missouri and knock this team out then I will agree. They need to rise up in a big game and win by double digit points. They did it to FSU, but some think that was a fluke. I'm talking about doing it on the road with game day there. More importantly, the defense needs to allow very few points and yards. We all know that defense i.e. Florida, Bama & LSU won their titles off solid D. Same holds true with the 2000 team.

A lot of people have the perception that this OU team is a finesse team. They believe they have gotten lucky. They need to show people that they are really good in big games, not just lucky.

11. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This thread invites the wrath of Odo, pitiless God of College Football.

Beware his wrath.

12. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

The 2003 and 2008 teams were more explosive.

13. primetime43

primetime43 New Member

Its almost scary to think what this freshmen class will look like in a year or two.

14. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought he was on Deep Space 9.

15. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Unfortunately for any Stoops team to be his "best" team, the mark HAS to be a national championship...I am hopeful that our win over Stanford put our players in the mindset that anything is possible.

And really, all we can say about the next Stoops team to win it all is "hey, they're up there with the 2000 team!" But this bunch sure has me pumped!!

16. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

I'm just going to enjoy the ride this year. I thought we would be good, but not 'bama good. After the last couple of weeks, we may just be just good enough to hang No. 8 and require a scoreboard makeover.

Next year, though, should be outstanding and that team has the potential of being Bob's Best.

Boomer

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I love this team's potential, but not even close to the best Stoops team after 6 games. I'd say similar in power rating to the '07 team -- kind of funny that '07 was also the year there were no super dominant teams out there and a 2 loss team won it all. The '07 team could well have made the title game if AP doesn't fumble the first hand-off against TT and get Sam concussed. That was a "next year" squad too.

18. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

If this team starts finishing games instead of folding in the 4th quarter then I think they would rank up there with the top 3 or 4 Stoops teams. What people don't realize is that many of our close games only became close in the fourth quarter. The fourth quarter counts, obviously, but finishing games is something that is correctible.

19. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

alright were done.