1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garrick Mcgee - OU Alum - moving up the coaching ladder.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Shakadoodoo, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Garrick Mcgee is moving up the coaching ladder. He has been Petrino's second hand man for a while - Since they were coaching at Jacksonville Jaguar's and is now Offense Coordinator at Arkansas. With their play against bama yesterday - helps Garrick's status! I am proud of him. We should have another OU alum as a head coach in the near future. Did you know that Keith Jackson is helping at Arkansas as well. There is a lot of OU blood in Arkansas right now. I hope they do good this year!

[​IMG]

2. Monster Zero

Monster Zero Member

Now we know what it was that smellsofbourbon had against him. Garrick knew more about football than he did.

3. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

:D :D

I have never blamed McGee for transferring. If I had to put up with the type of coaches/instructors he did, I would have found another school also. Hope he gets a chance at his own program soon.

4. eric moore was soo much more spectacular

5. adoniijahsooner

adoniijahsooner New Member

Love my Hornets!!!

6. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Uh, I think you're thinking of Fuente.

7. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, they did look alike.

8. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

Ryan Mallett in the second half yesterday looked eerily like Garrick McGee in the second half in the Carrier Dome circa 1994.

Where have you gone, Scott Blanton?

9. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

You said a mouth full right there! You know Big E? We must know each other or something.

10. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

:O Oops There were so many QBs that rotated through under Smelly/Blake, I do get them confused. It doesn't help that I've tried to forget that decade completely. And I believe Fuente is now at least co-OC at TCU.

11. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I was thinking sort of the same thing.

12. Frozen Sooner

In his defense, Garrick McGee DID transfer TO OU.

13. proudsoonergal

proudsoonergal New Member

Only on running plays.

14. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Yep. Arizona State, to NEO, to OU. Dude was a regular nomad.

15. Frozen Sooner

That happens when you get booted off a team.

16. SoonerInSpringdale

SoonerInSpringdale New Member

Don't wish too much good will on Arkansas. Bring up OU to most of their fans and you will get the same reaction. They call us UT-Norman and many other names after realignment.

They will also tell you that OU is highly over rated and doesn't belong in the top 25. Most of their fans you will ask either know nothing about football or are very jealous of the status of the OU program. I do wish OU would come play over here in Fayetteville. Would be a good out of conference game and nice to rub it in their noses most years.

17. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I could care less about what fans think. Fayetteville is only 2 hours from Tulsa - There has been many, many kids from Oklahoma throughout their sports program and college as a whole. Of course I would love all of our kids to go to OU but I would not care if they went to Panhandle state just as long as they go to college. And University of Arkansas offers a wonderful opportunity for them.. So I hope the kids do well and Garrick does well - I could give a damn about the fans!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  18. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Garrick got caught up in some BS that really had nothing to do with him at Arizona State. I won't mention other people names but Garrick just got caught in there mix. Then he went to NEO so he could transfer to OU without out sitting out a year. I wouldn't call him a nomad or shine a negative light on him. Plus he is doing good now. Coaching in the NFL and Major College is a wonderful accomplishment for anyone!