1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If push comes to stab: Wilson or Heupel?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oudavid1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

Ok, I love Josh and Kevin

but my co-worker posted me this question the other day

Now that Josh is a wanted O-Coordinator, Should we tell Kevin to go or risk losing Josh to other schools

My argument is for KW because he proved himself 10 fold with 2008 offense, and Josh is an OU grad and won it all with us so i think it would be harder for him to leave. If we let Kevin go Northwestern or UNC would pick him up ASAP.

your thoughts?

2. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

Tough question.

KW for the next two years and then ask me.

Heupel sure can develop QBs. Great young football mind but I'd have to go with KW for now.

3. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wilson. I love Josh, but he's never been in charge of an offense before. Wilson gets a lot of crap for last year, but in the same breath people talk about all the injuries.

4. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

KW for now.

5. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

Wilson. Josh can go learn the ropes on someone else's clock and come back here when Wilson moves on. As much as I dig Josh, I wouldn't put an annual MNC contender's hopes on the shoulders of someone as unproven as he is right now.

6. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I want Josh teaching our QBs for the next 10 years but im certainly not ready to give up on KW who has proven hisself to be a great Off Coord

7. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

Assume KW goes the way of Leach, Mangino, and Long at some point in the near term (3 yrs). Who is next in line - Gundy or Josh?

BOOMER

8. Collier11

9. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

No BCS conference school wants KW as head coach, and he seems to think he's too good to take a non-BCS school job.

Stoops has never fired a coach so KW isn't going anywhere until Stoops does.

I vote Josh.

10. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

I would expect Gundy to need to go to another school to get OC experience, but that's just opinion. He's kind of one of the coaches you don't hear a lot about. Maybe Stoops is big on him though.

11. Collier11

Gundy has been a good RBs coach, that is where he needs to stay for now

12. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I'll ask you in yet another thread... who should Bob have fired so far? You don't really think KW should go, do you? If you do... tell me where the grass is greener. And at what point in time did a BCS school come out and say they didn't want Wilson? Teams that fork out millions to steal someone else's head coach don't count.

Aaaaand... go.

13. Collier11

why bother, people like that are clueless anyway

14. TXBOOMER

TXBOOMER New Member

I want an experienced OC if and when KW leaves. Josh can go get his hard knocks elsewhere.

15. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

Josh is getting top notch experience at Oklahoma and I certainly don't want him going anywhere.

Heupel is everything good about Oklahoma football and I hope to seem him take the program over after Bob leaves, in twenty years.

16. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

17. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

Chuck Long should have been sent packing for sure. Anyone else? I'm not sure.

Kevin Wilson does not adjust and adapt. He get's his game plan, and he's going to stick with it regardless of what the defense does. He almost always does great with teams he's supposed to beat unless he gets cocky like he did with BYU. But teams with great defenses he doesn't have that great of a record.

The meerkat offense was great for an experienced 2008 offense. But that same offense caused problems with confusion and penalties in 2009 that could have been avoided with a regular huddle.

Reward him for beating up on the little guys if you want. But I'd like to see him beat teams like Boise St., WVU, Texas (more than 25% of the time), and Florida. No, we're not going to win all of the big games, but it would be nice to win some of them.

Should KW be fired? He should if he can't learn to make adjustments during the game based on his personnel and what the defense is doing.

Curly Bill likes this.
  18. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Stoops should do whatever he can to keep Josh around and happy. Maybe give him access to more of the offense while retaining KW on as OC?

19. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

WVU was a defensive collapse. There wasn't much wrong with KW's game calling against BSU. I thought his gamecalling was fine against Florida; he can't be blamed for dropped passes.

As for the other games, you can't win them all.

BTW, the "he can't adjust" is levied against every OC in football after a loss. Somehow, the OC is supposed to do something magical at halftime.

20. Collier11

Clueless