1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rueben Randle #1 WR

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by setem, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setem

setem DTF

He just narrowed down to his top 5 and OU is in the mix.

What are the chances he comes to OU?

I will take your negative responses off the air, thanks!

...oh and first time caller...

2. setem

setem DTF

Since Boyde has gone with Blake...WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES WITH RANDLE?

CK? TELL ME DAMN IT!

Do we put some extra effort into Bryce McNeal?

3. snp

snp New Member

LSU/Bama bound.

4. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

What SNP said.

:D

JLEW1818 likes this.
  5. OUJAY

OUJAY New Member

The chances aren't that great. He will stay in the SEC.

6. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if he went to Norman. In the end, I highly doubt he leaves home, but we are making a strong run at him. We've already got Trent Richardson, having the best WR in addition to the 2nd best rb(according to rivals) would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Julio considered us too, but ended up at Bammer :(

My guess is this guy will probably go down the same road... have a top five list when in fact it's really between two or three schools.

Just want your thoughts - do you think giving our Georgia red-haired rapper the boot hurts our SEC country recruiting at all, especially in the Heisman positions?

Note: "Heisman positions" include WR, RB and QB... emphasis on WR in this argument.

8. snp

snp New Member

Not at all. It freed up an extra scholarship and there's a long line of skill position guys who don't care/know the circumstances with Jarboe. OU just doesn't recruit well in the SEC country, no one else does except SEC/Miami/FSU.

We probably weren't going to land any blue chip QBs or RBs with our current depth. Not being able to get a top flight WR is a bit puzzling. There's still a few targets on the board (McNeil/Burton/Gaines/Randle) and Stokes may be not so solid after Fulmer left. But I just don't get why we couldn't get more interest from any of the top guys.

9. Sabanball

That's probably because you've never had to--you pretty much have always gotten what you needed out of Texas.

10. snp

snp New Member

OU goes after a number of recruits in the SEC area, we just never have success if they have offers from other schools. You'd think with the time Stoops spent at UF he'd have some contacts, but it seems like we've abandoned that area.

11. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Frank Alexander and Chris Brown might disagree with that assessment.

12. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

You didn't mention Nic Harris, but neither of those kids had offers from LSU. I'm also not certain that Frank had one either.

13. Frozen Sooner

OK. That's nice. They did, however, have offers from "other schools."

That Rufus Alexander kid was kind of OK as well.

Josh Jarboe was a guy we got out of SEC territory, even though we had to kick him out. He certainly had offers from SEC schools.

Duke Robinson.

Daniel Franklin's another.

Sorry, I'm just listing players from SEC territory that had other schools interested in them that we managed to recruit.

I will agree that it's tougher to pull the kids out of there than most other regions, but I disagree with the thought that OU just ignores the Southland.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  14. snp

snp New Member

I think what I wrote might have been a little misleading. I meant to imply that Stoops hasn't recruited Florida as much as he had in the past. I never said we ignored the Southland, I said we do recruit there but don't have much success.

Most of the players in your post were either from 4 years ago or had no significant SEC offers. Alex Williams and Tyler Stradford are a couple of more recent names and again, we didn't have any regional competition for them.

15. Frozen Sooner

I apologize for misinterpreting your post.

Stradford was initially an Ole Miss commit, was he not?

16. snp

snp New Member

There was a lot of drama between Stradford and Southern Miss leading up to NSD. Williams committed to Ole Miss and I think Ogreron got fired and he decided between OU and Michigan State.

17. Sabanball

I agree. However, I think he'll continue to try and recruit the Florida panhandle/I-10 corridor, despite the fact he doesn't have many successful pulls from that area. But with it being one of the most talent rich regions in the country, I don't see how a big time program like OU can ignore it.

18. Sooner_09

Sooner_09 New Member

Is Randle going to officially visit OU???

19. OUJAY

OUJAY New Member

Yes, he is taking an official visit to OU this weekend.

20. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

any word on how it went, this was the best possible game to bring the nations #1 recruit to. Hopefully he is a good kid and he wants to play early

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.