1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1. The Road Warrior Report -...

The Road Warrior Report - September 23, 2017 - Baylor revew

IMG_5377.JPG

WACO, TX – Had you told me beforehand the Sooners would score 49 points against Baylor in the conference opener, I wouldn’t have been surprised. Had you told me Baylor would score 41, I’d have told you that you were nuts. In the event, both happened, as Oklahoma had to hold off a late Baylor rally to eke out a 49-41 win at McLane Stadium Saturday night. Baylor scored 10 points late in the game, recovered an onside kick, and were in a position to possibly tie...
     Rating: 
    0/5, 0 votes
  2. The Road Warrior Report - Tulane...

The Road Warrior Report - Tulane Review - September 17, 2017

IMG_5289.JPG

NORMAN
    – Option teams are always a pain. Always. Remember Air Force a few years ago? Ask Michigan about Air Force. They do what they do, and they do it again and again and again, and when you only see them once in a blue moon, it’s hard. And so it was, for a quarter and a half or so on Saturday night, as Tulane’s option attack jumped out to a 14-7 first quarter lead before the Sooners ripped off 49 unanswered points in a 56-14 drubbing on Owen Field....
     Rating: 
    5/5, 1 vote
  3. The Road Warrior Report - Ohio...

The Road Warrior Report - Ohio State Review - September 10, 2017

COLUMBUS, OHIO
    – In the world of college football, there aren’t many things better than a top 5, national spotlight matchup in one of the hallowed cathedrals of the sport in front of 109,000 people. Unless, that is, rendering those 109,000 a non-factor, followed immediately by prompting an exercise to see how quickly 109,000 people can evacuate with 9-plus minutes to play in the game. And so it was at The Horseshoe in Columbus, as the Sooners avenged last year’s beatdown in Norman...
     Rating: 
    0/5, 0 votes
  4. The Road Warrior Report - UTEP...

The Road Warrior Report - UTEP Review - September 3, 2017

NORMAN – If you weren’t paying close attention, and nobody told you, there was virtually nothing about the Sooners’ 56-7 thumping of UTEP Saturday afternoon on Owen Field that would have given you the idea that anything had changed. This was an opener that any of Bob Stoops’ teams could have delivered against a lesser opponent. For that matter, it might have been one of Stoops’ better openers, given the Sooners’ historic trend of less-than-impressive Labor Day weekend showings.

But...
     Rating: 
    5/5, 1 vote