PDA

View Full Version : UFC 76

KC//CRIMSON
9/21/2007, 12:14 PM
Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardaine

Prediction: Chuck by TKO, early.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Forrest "Tommy Lee Jones" Griffin

Prediction: Shogun by anyway he wants, early.

This has been the year of the upset, but both of these fighters should be able to walk through their opponent. We shall see!:cool:

Boomer.....
9/21/2007, 03:53 PM
Agree.

Also Diego wins.

Sooner_Bob
9/21/2007, 04:49 PM
Diego may win, but he'll definitely have to work for it.

I definitely think Chuck has what it takes to take down Jardine, but I also though Forrest would take down Jardine. :D

Shogun shouldn't have much trouble with Forrest, but you never know about Mr. Griffin.

Did you guys see Ninja get KO'd by Lawler? That was pretty impressive.

SoonerBBall
9/22/2007, 11:25 PM
HAHAHA!

My boy Forrest straight up owns Shogun for all 3 rounds and submits his ***. I love it.

Looks like we know which Shogun showed up.

critical_phil
9/22/2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.meanjardine.net/images/home_mean_image.jpg

Boomer.....
9/23/2007, 01:19 AM
HAHAHA!

My boy Forrest straight up owns Shogun for all 3 rounds and submits his ***. I love it.

Looks like we know which Shogun showed up.
That fight was great! I love Griffin for all of his toughness, but didn't know if it would hold up against the hyped Shogun. Apparently it was enough. :)

Boomer.....
9/23/2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.meanjardine.net/images/home_mean_image.jpg
Liddell is just getting old and can't fight well against stand up fighters. That fight looked like two old crippled men going at it.

KC//CRIMSON
9/23/2007, 07:14 AM
That fight was great! I love Griffin for all of his toughness, but didn't know if it would hold up against the hyped Shogun. Apparently it was enough. :)

Unbelievable. That is by far the biggest upset this year. The Shogun I saw in that fight is a Shogun I have never seen before, ever. Unreal. Props to Griffin.

usmc-sooner
9/23/2007, 02:33 PM
damn. I was hoping Chuck could get it together for another run.

However Dana White said something I thought was interesting he said Chuck got caught up in the rock star lifestyle, lots of rumors about his lifestyle.

anyways my two favorite fighters are getting old The Natural and Chuck.

blueyedsooner
9/23/2007, 02:36 PM
I love Liddell, but he was boring last night. Although Jardine is younger and looks like a 90 year old man, Chuck looked like this was one of his first fights and had no idea what to do with the aggresive kicks coming his way..... Sad, sad, sad.

Loved that Griffin won! What a fight! Actually the whole night was well worth the money!

Sooner_Bob
9/26/2007, 08:13 PM
Forrest was in the zone . . . here's hoping he goes on a nice run and gets a shot at the belt.

Any word on whether he or Jardine might get a shot at Wanderlei?

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 09:16 PM
Forrest was in the zone . . . here's hoping he goes on a nice run and gets a shot at the belt.

Any word on whether he or Jardine might get a shot at Wanderlei?

I think Wandalei has called out Forrest

SoonerBBall
9/26/2007, 09:44 PM
It should be Jardine-Griffin 2 for a shot at Wandalei. I think Griffin walks away with that one if he fights as smart as he fought Shogun.

Sooner_Bob
9/26/2007, 10:08 PM
I'd love to see Jardine-Griffin 2 . . . then let the winner fight Wandy for a shot at Rampage.

Chuck definitely looked out of it . . . here's hoping he has a talk with Randy and gets his mind right.

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 10:12 PM
I'd love to see Jardine-Griffin 2 . . . then let the winner fight Wandy for a shot at Rampage.

Chuck definitely looked out of it . . . here's hoping he has a talk with Randy and gets his mind right.

that's exactly what I was thinking, they need to have a Jardine, Griffin, Alexander, and Wanderlei fight off winner gets Rampage.

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 10:15 PM
Also
Chuck I'm a huge fan but you're almost 40 not 21, get your *** in the gym use your kicks and wrestling, quit partying at least while you're training.

KC//CRIMSON
9/26/2007, 10:16 PM
that's exactly what I was thinking, they need to have a Jardine, Griffin, Alexander, and Wanderlei fight off winner gets Rampage.

Wanderlei has already destroyed Rampage twice. I don't know if Rampage wants any more of that....;)

KC//CRIMSON
9/26/2007, 10:25 PM
What they really need is a 205 Grand Prix with:

Chuck
Jardine
Griffin
Alexander
Wanderlei
Arona
Lil Nog
Sokodoju
Machida
Shogun
Rampage
Henderson

usmc-sooner
9/26/2007, 10:25 PM
Wanderlei has already destroyed Rampage twice. I don't know if Rampage wants any more of that....;)

well he is the Champion, so you can't ignore him. Plus most of the pride fighters are not looking so great. Rumors that they juiced in Japan.

Shogun looked like a chump against a lower than top 5 UFC guy. The top UFC guy (Liddell) has looked like a chump in his last 2 fights. It's hard to tell right now. :D

Sooner_Bob
9/26/2007, 10:31 PM
Did you guys hear that EliteXC purchased the KOTC, ICON, and Cage Rage promotions?

2008 could be another interesting year for MMA.

edit: Forgot to mention that Mark Cuban will be debuting fights on HDNet in October . . . don't they already have a Friday Fight Night?

OU4LIFE
9/27/2007, 08:02 AM
this was yet MORE proof that Pride pwns the UFC.

*snicker*

KC//CRIMSON
9/27/2007, 12:35 PM
Yep, two title holders and counting.....

*reeses peanut butter cup*

OU4LIFE
9/27/2007, 01:25 PM
Ok seriously, everyone and their dog was touting Show-gun, and he flat out got dominated. All i'ms sayin is that maybe, just maybe, the fighters aren't quite the worlds apart that everyone keeps saying they are...

*chicken leg*

of course that's excluding Fedor...he is worlds apart from everyone.

SoonerBBall
9/27/2007, 02:23 PM
I hope you aren't counting Anderson Silva as a Pride fighter, because between 2004 and 2006 he fought way more in Cage Rage than in Pride. In fact, only 5 of his 23 total professional fights were Pride fights, so in a little over a year he is 1 UFC fight shy of matching his total Pride fight count.

I'll give you Rampage, though. He is a BAMF.

KC//CRIMSON
9/27/2007, 05:50 PM
I hope you aren't counting Anderson Silva as a Pride fighter, because between 2004 and 2006 he fought way more in Cage Rage than in Pride. In fact, only 5 of his 23 total professional fights were Pride fights, so in a little over a year he is 1 UFC fight shy of matching his total Pride fight count.

I'll give you Rampage, though. He is a BAMF.

He was fighting in Pride as a Pride fighter as early as 2002. His home base as always been Pride before he moved to the UFC. All fighters fight in different tournaments/leagues all over the place. No offense, but you could use your argument with any fighter in any organization.

KC//CRIMSON
9/27/2007, 05:57 PM
Ok seriously, everyone and their dog was touting Show-gun, and he flat out got dominated. All i'ms sayin is that maybe, just maybe, the fighters aren't quite the worlds apart that everyone keeps saying they are...

*chicken leg*

of course that's excluding Fedor...he is worlds apart from everyone.

Some are and some are not. As far as Shogun, I have no idea. He was ranked the top 205er in the world and his fights proved it. Was it the cage? Was Forrest really that good? Did he over-estimate? I have no idea. All I do know is that prior to the fight he had dominated almost everyone put before him, including a devasting *** kicking to the current LHW champ, Rampage. On paper he should have destroyed Griffin, but didn't. Crazy sport.

I'm at the point now where it wouldn't surprise me to see someone beat Fedor, whether it be someone from UFC or Pride or anywhere.

Sooner_Bob
9/27/2007, 10:28 PM
I read somewhere that Fedor has an upcoming sambo fight with Bill Duff. (http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=55013&display_order=2&sub_display_order=2&mini_id=54986)

def_lazer_fc
9/28/2007, 12:52 AM
Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardaine

Prediction: Chuck by TKO, early.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Forrest "Tommy Lee Jones" Griffin

Prediction: Shogun by anyway he wants, early.

This has been the year of the upset, but both of these fighters should be able to walk through their opponent. We shall see!:cool:

oh...how wrong you were. you and everyone else. ;)

usmc-sooner
9/28/2007, 08:18 AM
In the last 4 fights I've been 0for I've picked Henderson, Cro-Cop, Shogun and Chuck.

critical_phil
12/8/2007, 08:22 PM
MMA programming note:

TUF finale tonight, SPIKE, 8 pm Hillbilly Standard Time.

WEC title fight Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran on Vs. @ 8 pm Hillbilly Standard Time 12/12/07. if you haven't seen Faber fight, you're really missing something.

Boomer.....
12/8/2007, 09:02 PM
In.

:pop:

OU4LIFE
12/11/2007, 08:40 AM
Did Faber win? I'd be shocked if he din't.

TUF fight night was fun. A couple of REALLY good, spirited fights. Enjoyed them all. saw that former WWE Brock Lesnar is finally going to put it out there against Mir, who is a shadow of his former self. Lesnar is just huge....and needless to say, he's a purty good wrestler....if he get's some Jui jitsu skills, the guy could be nasty.