PDA

View Full Version : my daughter has a boyfriend

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 10:12 AM
So, she just started high school..she's 14 and already "going out" with someone. The kid got the approval from older brother, but I'm still not real thrilled...she is not allowed to go out on "alone dates" with this kid, so I'm chaperoning them at the fair tonight..which means i'll miss the game unless it's playing somewhere out there. But she really wanted me to meet him, so I guess I'll go. *sigh*
they're all grown up.

royalfan5
9/21/2007, 10:16 AM
Look at the bright side, maybe you can have her married off by 15.

TexasSooner01
9/21/2007, 10:17 AM
Yet another reason i am glad i have boys. GOOD LUCK!!!

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2007, 10:17 AM
Condolences Brat!

I asked my 14 year old what it means when girls her age "go out with someone." Her response, "well.. you know.. like... you sit next to each other at lunch .. like..."

Of course, she is not allowed to "go out" one on one with someone.

The next few years as a parent are going to suck... bad!!!

Scott D
9/21/2007, 10:19 AM
it's far more amusing when you get them married off, and there is divorce talk after all of 3 months of marriage.

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 10:28 AM
Condolences Brat!

I asked my 14 year old what it means when girls her age "go out with someone." Her response, "well.. you know.. like... you sit next to each other at lunch .. like..."

Of course, she is not allowed to "go out" one on one with someone.

The next few years as a parent are going to suck... bad!!!

yeah, that's what my daughter says too..but this kid is 16, i think he has different ideas about what "going out" means. I will say this....my son is about the straightest laced boy I've ever known. very religious, goes to mass every sunday even now that he's off at college, studies hard, doesn't party or drink...and supposedly (according to my daughter) the boy she is "going out" with is just like big brother. My son did give him the two thumbs up and said he was a nice kid. My daughter said the boy told her he liked her because she's not into drugs and sex like a lot of other girls...He goes to the same church as my son's girlfriend, so the 4 of them go to mass together about every other Sunday.

StuIsTheMan
9/21/2007, 10:40 AM
ya better get her some of these...just' say'n
http://www.nyu.edu/socialwork/ip/news/archives/condoms_vmed_1p_widec.jpg

Not trying to be funny here at all...It almost seems epidemic that kids are having kids theses days...PARENTS TALK TO YOU FREAK'N KIDS ALREADY DAYUM!

I too am glad I had boys only, but they have been told to Wrap it up! No matter what!

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2007, 10:42 AM
SIXTEEN??? Two years older than her? hmmmmm.... I smell a polecat in the woodpile!

Is she a freshman and he's a sophomore? (Mine is in 8th grade.)

Beware the... "time to take advantage of the new, naive 9th graders in the high school" mindset!

NormanPride
9/21/2007, 10:46 AM
yeah, that's what my daughter says too..but this kid is 16, i think he has different ideas about what "going out" means. I will say this....my son is about the straightest laced boy I've ever known. very religious, goes to mass every sunday even now that he's off at college, studies hard, doesn't party or drink...and supposedly (according to my daughter) the boy she is "going out" with is just like big brother. My son did give him the two thumbs up and said he was a nice kid. My daughter said the boy told her he liked her because she's not into drugs and sex like a lot of other girls...He goes to the same church as my son's girlfriend, so the 4 of them go to mass together about every other Sunday.

brat, I don't think there's a better situation out there... If your son goes to mass every other Sunday with them, it will be easier for him to keep an eye on them.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/21/2007, 10:51 AM
Yesterday I heard a review for a book called Restless Virgins. I'm not saying J fits into that category, but it's insane the stuff that is just kind of rite of passage for even the good kids.

OKLA21FAN
9/21/2007, 10:52 AM
http://shadowmage.plinkomedia.com/images/Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

frankensooner
9/21/2007, 11:26 AM
My daughter is 13 this month and would love to "go out" with a boy. Of course my 7 yo daughter has a new boyfriend every week. I think I am a lot more worried about the 7 yo! ;) Oh, and good luck. He does sound like a nice kid.

william_brasky
9/21/2007, 11:38 AM
He does sound like a good kid, but he does have a weiner.

Never underestimate the weiner.

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 11:40 AM
SIXTEEN??? Two years older than her? hmmmmm.... I smell a polecat in the woodpile!

Beware the... "time to take advantage of the new, naive 9th graders in the high school" mindset!

no, he's a JUNIOR
she has some classes with Juniors and seniors because she skipped algebra and went to geometry and also is taking speech, which is mostly jrs. and srs.

i should've had an ugly daughter. Alas, she is beautiful.

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 11:40 AM
He does sound like a good kid, but he does have a weiner.

Never underestimate the weiner.

i used to hang out with 16 yo boys. i NEVER underestimate that thang.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2007, 11:43 AM
Its good that she wants you to meet him...Shows she respects you.....

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 11:48 AM
yah, it was her idea for me to take them..she wanted me to go to the movies with them last week but i couldn't - big brother went instead.

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 11:48 AM
she respects my opinion and is pretty open about stuff. moreso than I was with my mom.

sooner_born_1960
9/21/2007, 11:54 AM
Damn, that's tough. My 14 year old daughter has a boyfrined, but he's 14 also. I don't know what my reaction would have been to a 16 year old boyfriend. I do know he wouldn't be going on car dates with her.

soonerbrat
9/21/2007, 12:05 PM
no way she's allowed in the car. he JUST got his license among other reasons.

SoonerStormchaser
9/21/2007, 12:22 PM

I have no room to talk.

soonersweetie
9/21/2007, 01:36 PM
well good luck to you, i'm afraid in a few years we'll be in the same boat. Right now daughter is almost 13, but she has no interest in boys at all. She is all into her academics. She's even gone so far as to say if she has to go to the prom when she's older, fine, but she's taking her dad. I can't wait to remind her of that, lol.

SoonerJack
9/21/2007, 01:43 PM
"taking her dad" <----- that is hilarious.

Teenagers are the best. Their wisdom far exceeds our own. I used to tell my oldest, "we are SO lucky to have such a wise young man living in our house." He hated that.

rufnek05
9/21/2007, 01:46 PM
just don't watch the movie "KIDZ". And I "finally get to meet" my gf's parents. They are coming up for the Mizzu game. Whoo hoo. I'm thinking about slapping her *** right when i meet her dad, I think that'll be a good first impression.

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2007, 02:10 PM
a JUNIOR... "dating" a freshman???? :mad:

Oh.. and from the voice of experience... it's always the "yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am no ma'am, freshly scrubbed, very polite to the parents" boys.. who are the most lecherous!

1stTimeCaller
9/21/2007, 03:06 PM
yup. On the 'goes to Mass every Sunday' part, so did the priests that molestered those altar boys. not funny but kind of.

Youth Group was the best place to hook up with girls. I went to my youth group, the Baptist youth group, the Assembly of God youth group...

VeeJay
9/21/2007, 09:04 PM

You have a 14 year old daughter, and you're hanging out with 16 year old boys? :eek:

Dang! My head's a - spinning.

Cam
9/21/2007, 09:31 PM
it's far more amusing when you get them married off, and there is divorce talk after all of 3 months of marriage.
Not good.

Oh.. and from the voice of experience... it's always the "yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am no ma'am, freshly scrubbed, very polite to the parents" boys.. who are the most lecherous!
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 11:10 PM
just don't watch the movie "KIDZ".

I have no legs!

olevetonahill
9/22/2007, 02:10 AM
But To this DAY ya still OVER estimate distance dont cha !

goingoneight
9/22/2007, 02:19 AM
Wow... 31 posts and no one had the cojones to ask if she's hawt or not? Shocking for SF.com, I say. :D

olevetonahill
9/22/2007, 02:39 AM
Wow... 31 posts and no one had the cojones to ask if she's hawt or not? Shocking for SF.com, I say. :D
Its Brats Daughter ! Nuff said :cool:

tulsaoilerfan
9/22/2007, 03:51 AM
no way she's allowed in the car it has a back seat.

Fixed. :D

frankensooner
9/24/2007, 09:52 AM
Well, how did the "date with Mom along" go?

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 10:06 AM
a JUNIOR... "dating" a freshman???? :mad:

Did that.

and

I wasn't lecherous, just smoov.

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 10:07 AM
Youth Group was the best place to hook up with girls. I went to my youth group, the Baptist youth group, the Assembly of God youth group...

I assume you mean just this past weekend? Pick up any hawt ones?

jeremy885
9/24/2007, 10:25 AM

Wasn't that Stanley's job?

TexasLidig8r
9/24/2007, 11:38 AM
Did that.

and

I wasn't lecherous, just smoov.

SEE!! SEE!!!! :eek:

soonerbrat
9/24/2007, 12:30 PM
You have a 14 year old daughter, and you're hanging out with 16 year old boys? :eek:

Dang! My head's a - spinning.

read it again..it says i USED to hang out with 16 yo boys. when I was 16. And also when my son was 16, i used to see his friends occasionally too.

the date went OK...he was taller than I expected (taller than me). He was very shy, very polite, didn't try to schmooze me. After the first 30 mins or so they were bored following me around looking at exhibits so I told them to go away and meet me back in an hour. She got really frustrated with him because apparently the boy has no opinion...she'd ask what he wanted to do and he'd say "i don't know, whatever you want to do"

and by "do" i mean ride CARNIVAL RIDES or look at exhibits, look at cars, get a snack. dont' be dirty, we're talking about my 14 yo here.

i think he was just really nervous and he doesn't want to be too pushy

OUDoc
9/24/2007, 12:47 PM
And also when my son was 16, i used to see his friends occasionally too.

I've heard about moms like you.

OKLA21FAN
9/24/2007, 12:48 PM
And also when my son was 16, i used to see his friends occasionally too.

heres to you....mrs robinson

soonerbrat
9/24/2007, 04:27 PM
yeah..and as luck would have it...my son was out there with his girlfriend, girlfriend's mom and brothers and girlfriend's mom's friend. So i let them hang with big brother and the rest of that family and i went home. so i could watch the game and rest easy knowing they were still being supervised.