PDA

View Full Version : College Football on TV in Singapore?

SoonerBBall
9/21/2007, 03:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm in Singapore for work and I was wondering if anyone knew a place I could catch any college football games, especially the OU game, while I'm here. I've been using ESPN's Gamecast, but that just isn't the same as actually watching a game.

Thanks in advance.

redshield3
9/21/2007, 07:55 AM
I'm interested in this too... I may be going to school in Singapore in the next few years...

CatHunter
9/21/2007, 08:04 AM
Go to that one place where the girls shoot the ping pong balls out. I think they have Directv. Your welcome.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/21/2007, 09:22 AM
Don't know anything about TV, but I listened to the UNT game on KRXO in my hotel room in Singapore...Don't think I'll be so lucky for the UT game - heading back from Nigeria.

Indo Sooner
9/21/2007, 09:32 AM
ESPN International will be carrying the game on tape delay starting at 2:30 PM Singapore time. Here in Malaysia ESPN is carried by Astro, so I assume that Astro is the carrier in Sigapore as well.

If you want live TV via the internet, get a Slingbox. I have one and it works great. I have it hooked up to my parents house back in Norman and am able to get all the televised games that way. In addition, no subscription fees at all :) .

tanjou
9/21/2007, 10:16 AM
I was in a similar position. I would recommend ESPN Gameplan, but they neutered it this season. It used to carry every game that the ESPN/ABC group of channels had and more, but they want people to call their ISP and whine for ESPN360 so now there are only crappier games on it.

So, click this link and read away. You'll be watching all the college football you can handle. The OU game isn't certain yet, but you never know.

http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/forum/viewforum.php?id=1350

edit: Wait, I just checked again, the Oklahoma game is going to be streamed. Awesome.

SoonerBBall
9/21/2007, 06:22 PM
Tanjou!! You are my frickin hero! Thanks so much. Also, thank you to everyone who had all the other ideas, too. You guys rock.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 06:26 PM
SoonerBBall - where are you staying?

Jeopardude
9/21/2007, 06:31 PM
If you're near a gal, you can always tune in Tokyo.

SoonerBBall
9/21/2007, 06:49 PM
I'm in the Marriott. I've been here since last Sunday, and no college football is killing me.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 06:54 PM
Enjoy your stay. I've been to Singapore 3 times. It's a pretty cool place.