PDA

View Full Version : Words of Wisdom from Aggieland

soonernija
9/20/2007, 11:08 PM
OU Dominance + Fran's failure at LIFE + Fran's quips concerning Big Red Motor-gate = we should forfeit the game now!!!

I personally think Stoops will hang 100 on us. He has the capability and he knows it; we couldn't stop him if we fielded a defense with 22 players. The only thing that will stop Stoops from scoring 100 points is pity.

GigEm2006

OU 87, A&M 3

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=958482&forum_id=5

CatfishSooner
9/20/2007, 11:10 PM
bwahahahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!!!!!! greatness.....but why the H do they think they'll get 3?????

goingoneight
9/20/2007, 11:13 PM
... that's what I was thinking... :confused:

Soonerus
9/20/2007, 11:13 PM
Aggies in turmoil...

TexSooner000
9/20/2007, 11:15 PM
bwahahahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!!!!!! greatness.....but why the H do they think they'll get 3????? BECAUSE THE J TRAIN SAID THERE OFFENSE CAN SCORE ON ANYONE.

Texas Golfer
9/20/2007, 11:16 PM
Personally, I liked this prediction by them:

eleventy billion - 2

Will
9/20/2007, 11:18 PM
Hahahaha Count on 100!

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 11:32 PM
Good to see their doomsayers are "doomier" than our doomsayers.

Ash
9/20/2007, 11:36 PM
Good to see their doomsayers are "doomier" than our doomsayers.

Sometimes, it's OK to not hit the Sumbit Reply button.

Suerreal
9/20/2007, 11:46 PM
bwahahahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!!!!!! greatness.....but why the H do they think they'll get 3?????

Well, they'll have 3 quarters to play against our third team... ;)

Octavian
9/20/2007, 11:47 PM
Fran shouldn't have taken a shot at Bob in the pre-season.

Especially since Fran has never beaten Bob.

Bob no like Fran.

Fran in trouble.

CORNholio
9/20/2007, 11:50 PM
Wow those guys are pulling for Bo Pellini for the next HC.
My condolences for thier next decade of succitude if they get thier way.

birddog
9/20/2007, 11:50 PM
Fran shouldn't have taken a shot at Bob in the pre-season.

Especially since Fran has never beaten Bob.

Bob no like Fran.

Fran in trouble.

refresh my memory on that, if you don't mind. i remember something, just not the specifics.

CORNholio
9/20/2007, 11:52 PM
I am hoping they get rid of Frantastic and bring in that dude from Rutgers. He should offer a little competition in the south. Anything to bring this conference outta the crapper.

Octavian
9/20/2007, 11:53 PM
refresh my menory on that, if you don't mind. i remember something, just not the specifics.

The Houston Chronicle reported that [Dennis] Franchione, while speaking to the Houston Touchdown Club and breaking down the Big 12's South Division race, couldn't resist jabbing the Sooners when he talked about their uncertainty at quarterback. "That may be the only question they have . . . other than what jobs they are going to work this year," Franchione said.

Fran making fun of OU (http://www.gnextinc.com/ousoonersblog/labels/Dennis%20Franchione.html)

KantoSooner
9/20/2007, 11:54 PM
I wonder what Leach will have to say? Probably something about drivethrough hamburger joints in Honolulu.

CatfishSooner
9/20/2007, 11:55 PM
Fran making fun of OU (http://www.gnextinc.com/ousoonersblog/labels/Dennis%20Franchione.html)

SOB!!!!!!!!

Octavian
9/20/2007, 11:57 PM
Bob's response:

"There are a lot of people who have a lot to say when they don't have a Big 12 championship to talk about.....There are some guys talking about, 'If this happened in this game, and this happened in that game,' in like three or four games, they'd be Big 12 champions," said Stoops....

Bob's response (http://blogs.chron.com/aggies/2007/08/stoops_fires_back_at_franchion.html)

birddog
9/20/2007, 11:59 PM
that is classic. you'd think a guy would learn to keep his yapper shut.

tommieharris91
9/21/2007, 12:54 AM
<dirtiest post ever>[/URL][/URL]

this thread has been deleted from texags

It will probably get deleted from here, too.

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 01:00 AM
After all my time in Texas I've learned that the above post is VERY representative of Aggie fans.

I'll be the first to admit that I've gone off on a rant or 10 around here, but it's usually at least semi-readable and only repugnant in a fun way.

that said, I'd have to say the guy's right in principle if not in approach!

PAW
9/21/2007, 09:41 AM
Good stuff:

I've had it. I cannot deal with it anymore, I'm fed up, I'm sick and ******* tired. I'm tired of sitting in a sports bar, watching a game, and having to listen to snickers from other people as I watch my team get the Ned Beatty "Deliverance" treatment on national ******* television. I've grown weary of watching this program limp the **** along like a fat, retarded kid with knee braces chasing after the short bus.

I watched the first half of the Miami game at a local sports bar. I wanted to leave with 8 minutes left in the half. I wanted to shoot myself with 2 minutes left in the half. And the odd part, masochistic as it is, is that I was glad that I was watching it in public instead of at home, because if I were at home, I'd have already stuck my goddamn head in the oven. And it's an electric oven. I was also glad that the sports bar doesn't know how to wire for high-def, and that the picture I was watching was in stretched-out craptastic standard definition, because by the time I left I was expecting the Little Debbies. Really, I was. And I didn't want to see the light, fluffy, perfectly aerated texture of the Ho-Ho's in glorious high definition as Non-Coaching Fat F*** shovels another one into his gaping maw.

The time has come for this piece of **** to go the **** away. We stole him from Alabama, and for the life of me I still can't figure out why they were ****ed. We did those m*****f*****s a favor. Hiring him away from them was like, I don't know, spraying rat poison over Plague-riddled Europe. Between that and the whole "Bear" Bryant thing, these guys ought to be offering up their wives to us for Mass 12th Man Bukkake.

Never, ever, ever in my life have I been more disgusted with a football performance. Ever. Not when my high school team was getting routinely sodomized by chickens*** schools from Bumf***, Nowhere. Not when we got f***stomped by Oklahoma. Not even when we got routed by Iowa goddamn State.

And it's not like we don't have the talent. We have talent. What we don't have, in our coaching staff, is the six brain cells required to give these guys decent instructions.

So. My official position is this:

If we somehow manage to turn this Mongolian clusterf*** into something worthwhile, I might watch a couple more games this season. If we s***can Franchione and hire somebody who can recite his ABC's, I'll start watching again. But until then, Texas A&M football is as dead to me as rock and roll.

--JNR

frankensooner
9/21/2007, 09:47 AM
Hey remember the days when Boo was our coach? I do, and I feel the aggies pain.

Mac94
9/21/2007, 09:51 AM

At least Blake could field a half way decent defense .... we seem to get the worst of both ... a joke of an offensive scheme and a defense that makes the like of Kyle Wright a Heisman contender.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 09:51 AM
It will probably get deleted from here, too.

Yeah, as hilarious a meltdown as that was, Phil likes to keep the board a little more family-friendly than that.

frankensooner
9/21/2007, 09:56 AM
At least Blake could field a half way decent defense .... we seem to get the worst of both ... a joke of an offensive scheme and a defense that makes the like of Kyle Wright a Heisman contender.

At least Fran knows how many players are supposed to be on the field. ;)

Ash
9/21/2007, 10:00 AM

One of the things I couldn't help but notice is that your power run game is non-existent.

One yard from the goal and you guys line up in a power set with Japorkie in the backfield. McGee's sitting there making all kinds of checks and calls and god knows what - procedure penalty of some kind. IMHO, if you're a running team and you have a 270 lb. running back behind a fullback at the one yard line - you should be able to line up, snap the ball and pound it in.

frankensooner
9/21/2007, 10:01 AM
I think the problem is Fran's recruiting of little people for the offensive line. Sure those guys deserve a shot at a college scholly, but, really the O line? ;)

Okieflyer
9/21/2007, 10:02 AM

Amen to that brother, amen!:O

Mac94
9/21/2007, 10:02 AM
Ash -

You would think so, right?

Position Limit
9/21/2007, 10:08 AM
Wow those guys are pulling for Bo Pellini for the next HC.
My condolences for thier next decade of succitude if they get thier way.
this means a lot coming from a fan of a team with callahan as head coach. bo pelini would **** in callahan's mouth. no two ways about it. pelini was the corn's best coach since osborne. too bad that buffoon you call an athletic director ran him off.

stoopified
9/21/2007, 10:09 AM
bwahahahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!!!!!! greatness.....but why the H do they think they'll get 3????? :)

yermom
9/21/2007, 10:14 AM
i doubt Nebraska makes or wins their bowl game in 2003 without Pellini, his defense was pretty ball hungry. they just were crap on offense without Crouch. he's doing okay at LSU...

anyway, where was Lane? i mean it's not like speed is going to get you anywhere on that defense...

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2007, 10:14 AM
Spraying rat poison over plague riddled Europe ????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA H!!!!

Widescreen
9/21/2007, 10:43 AM
At least Blake could field a half way decent defense ....
Huh?

In 1996, we averaged giving up 36 ppg (including 51 to SDSU, 52 to KU and 73 to NU)

In 1997, we averaged giving up 32 ppg (including 40 to Cal, 69 to NU and 51 to aTm)

Blake never fielded a halfway decent defense.

picasso
9/21/2007, 11:00 AM
the thing is, they're used to sucking.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's, the mid 90's was tough to handle as an OU fan.

frankensooner
9/21/2007, 11:07 AM
But pic, they won a nc back in the '30s!!! ;)

yermom
9/21/2007, 11:10 AM
they won the Big 12 in 98... heck they knocked off the #1 team in 2002 :mad:

why did they get rid of Slocum again? ;)

:rcmad:

picasso
9/21/2007, 11:16 AM
they won the Big 12 in 98... heck they knocked off the #1 team in 2002 :mad:

why did they get rid of Slocum again? ;)

:rcmad:
well they were given the title by k-state in '98.

other than that they have sucked thoroughly, and we even pounded in Norman one year when we weren't so good.

I've learned to hate 'em and still miss Arcee.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2007, 11:35 AM
I bet Frans joke telling in press conferences is over...Always easy to crack one before the season starts

badger
9/21/2007, 11:36 AM
I do too, and it was complete pity that Stoops only put 77 on them a few years ago, whereas a rival like Nebbish would keep scoring no matter what when we were bad.

I know 77-0 sounds bad, but I think everyone who stayed to the end remembers Bob ordering players to stay out of the endzone, take knees at the beginning of the 4th quarter on the opponent's 5 yard line and despite this, put up with one of their defensive players celebrating a stop of a third stringer.

YOU DO NOT CELEBRATE! (cross out player) You are down by 77! (circle scoreboard)

Dear Aggies,

Fire Fran. He used to be funny, but now he's embarrassing the rest of the conference. We would beat you all anyways, regardless of your coach, but he's bringing our strength of schedule down by sucking. Before you know it, Javorski Lane is going to enroll at Northern Illinois between practices if you don't find a coach that can use the Hamburgler.

(that was a cute nickname, btw)

You know the situation is bad when Stephen McGhee isn't cocky to every opposing player in sight and signaling for first downs. You know the situation is bad when Aggie fans aren't making noise on defense and humping it, but rather, just looking sad on national television.

As Aggies, you are doomed to stay until the clock reads 0:00, but you are not doomed to put up with this crap forever. Fire Fran, for the entire conference's sakes. Aggies don't quit, but Fran quit this game before it started by not formulating a winning gameplan.

~badger

yermom
9/21/2007, 11:50 AM
do they not practice the forward pass?

if McGee could hit anything other than his WR's feet, they'd be kinda scary

OUmillenium
9/21/2007, 12:04 PM
Ags looked terrible. Made Miami look big time which in turn makes our Miami win look really good.

I was pulling for the Canes last night...and I hate the Canes.

Ash
9/21/2007, 12:04 PM

I don't think that they do.

You see, Fran's secret evil plan is to make his way to as many programs as possible and install his offense so that he can set football back by about 100 years. Next year, he unveils the "flying V" offense, vintage 1904.

NormanPride
9/21/2007, 12:09 PM

Of course they do. Does doleo practice typing?

And no, they wouldn't. Their receivers can't catch, and their offensive line can't pass block. That wheel route that McTaunt completed to Good$on was like a blind squirrel finding a nut.

soonerinabilene
9/21/2007, 01:00 PM
77-3, only because Fran likes kicking field goals
now thats funny

fadada1
9/21/2007, 01:08 PM
this is priceless:

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=959739&forum_id=5

i also saw somebody mention fulmer. maybe they could get Jesus to coach next year.

i do believe they've gone to plaid.

Beef
9/21/2007, 01:22 PM
JP_Losman
user level: Veteran posted 12:39p, 09/21/07this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

why would u rule it out? Coaches these days bolt all the time and A&M is a top ten program in almost all catergories(everything but current winning)

Heh. This is in response to some batty rumors of Spurrier going to A&M.

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2007, 02:07 PM
It's just pure gold over on Texags right now...

When Texas loses, we bitch about Greg Davis or not enough of our boys were out on their work release program on the weekend to compete.

When you lose, you bitch about the offensive coordinator or the refs or how it's a conspiracy amongst the media to take down OU.

When aggy loses... they call for bringing back Jackie Sherrill and what's gonna happen after they lose to Baylor and how they won't win more than 2 more games this year and how they're stuck with Fran and how they will never attend a game again until Fran is gone... :D

Okieflyer
9/21/2007, 02:11 PM
When you lose, you bitch about the offensive coordinator or the refs or how it's a conspiracy amongst the media to take down OU.

Yeah but at least ours (bitchin') is the Truth!

;)

badger
9/21/2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah but at least ours (bitchin') is the Truth!

;)
If their b*tchin' is Greg Davis and work release not releasing, then it's the truth for them, too!

But as for Aggies, they can threaten to not go to games all they want, but we all know that they will, because they can only use "I'm sick" as an excuse so many times before they have to turn in their Aggie card. Alas, once they're at the game, they can't leave until it's over :D

StormySooner-IN
9/21/2007, 02:34 PM
I started to type a response but typing their score was taking too long.

:D

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 03:52 PM
this is priceless:

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=959739&forum_id=5

i also saw somebody mention fulmer. maybe they could get Jesus to coach next year.

i do believe they've gone to plaid.

Comedy gold, people. that is how it's made.