PDA

View Full Version : This just in! "Aggies committing suicide!"

LoyalFan
9/20/2007, 08:23 PM
A good friend of mine is a TexAg. One fine fellow, he is.
I'm soooooo glad I'm not watching the the Aand/orM v. Myasthma game with him. I hate to see him suffer. This first half has been a Vision Of The Inferno.
Friends, the Ags are loaded with talent, spirit, tradition but are burdened with damned poor preparation and coaching. How in Hades did St. Francis, this seemingly great resurrector-of-moribund-programs manage to take the Aggies BACKWARD?
I had visions of my second-favorite team giving the rest of the Large Dozen fits, even had nightmares about them avenging the 77-0 molestation, but now I'm doubtful that they'll finish any better than fourth in the Division, behind THE Sooners, Whorns, Sand Aggies, or...(choke), maybe even behind the The Fighting Boones.
Frannie Mae is in deep deudeu.
Somewhere, RC Slocum is inwardly ROFLHFAO...Nawwww, he's got too much class for that.
Now, if you'll 'scuse me, I'm gonna wander over to the TexAgs board to see how they are faring at halftime. I suspect it won't be pretty, or even acceptably plain. Homely, maybe, but my money's on Utt-Bugly.

Toodles,

LF

fadada1
9/20/2007, 08:33 PM
over at texags, they're making chernobl look like a safe house for split atoms:

"Folks, can we all please get ready for TT.....this is going to be sooooooo ugly, I cannot even bear the thought. OU....oh good lord........"

Rhino
9/20/2007, 09:12 PM
Texags.com is acting like Hornfans.com

OUDizzle
9/20/2007, 09:14 PM
My favorite thread is blaming the untucked jerseys.

TexSooner000
9/20/2007, 09:27 PM
There went my fantasy week.

tulsaoilerfan
9/20/2007, 09:50 PM
Note to Future Big 12 programmers: Aggies of any kind should not play on the road on National TV on any night other than Saturday, thus the rest of the nation can't see how crappy the rest of the Big 12 truly is.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 10:20 PM
The coaching search has begun on 12thfan.com- One guy suggested getting Tuberville as a DC!!! :D

goingoneight
9/20/2007, 10:24 PM
On a positive note: the "next Vince Young" Johnson kid looked better than McGee already. :D

sooner518
9/20/2007, 11:44 PM
Texags.com is acting like Hornfans.com

so its down?

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 12:24 AM
Love the thread title...I know I'd have ended it years ago!

Octavian
9/21/2007, 01:06 AM
There went my fantasy week.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7749/japorkiebd6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 01:11 AM
I guess that waterboy made the mistake of not handing him a big mac and a bong.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2007, 01:16 AM
Every time the Ags play a team I hate, they lose.

DarrellZero
9/21/2007, 01:16 AM
Slappin' the waterboy.

Very classy, Fatforski.

Leroy Lizard
9/21/2007, 01:26 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/092107dnspotaylor.3811d35.html

Brutal.

okiediva
9/21/2007, 01:55 AM
What a jerk move on fatboy lanes part...someone should withhold his cheesburger allowance.

freshchris05
9/21/2007, 02:42 AM

what a tool... like a 6 year old after losing a soccer game, or better yet an overweight, overrated 20 year old, who just realized his team can't cash checks his big mouth tries to write...

LoyalFan
9/21/2007, 03:49 AM
Jovorski's behavior, though born of frustration, is not excusable. Were I the Prez of A&M I'd offer him an option; A PUBLIC apology, carried on the airwaves, to that trainer's assistant OR suspension for a minimum of three games.
On a related note: I wonder how many verbal commits are wondering whether they truly want to remain in Fran's creel after watching last night's debacle, including JL's churlish behavior.
I can hear it now...
"Rinnnggg...Rinnnggg...Rinn...'Good Morning. Enormous Football Power U.'s Athletic Office. How may I help yew?' "
"Uhhh, yeah, uhhh, y'know, uhhh, this is Festus Xerxes Cornplaster IV, down at Frank N. Furter High School, uhhh, y'know, in West Nile, Texiz. Kin ah, uhhh, talk to da' coach?"
"One li'l ol' moment, please."
(Kid listens to a recorded ditty...something kinda Yale-ish, with a dash of UNC...and finds himself humming along.)
"Coach ------ here. How are you, FXFour?"
"Uhhhh, ah'm fine, Coach, thanks. I was, uhhh, y'know, wond'rin if ya'll might have one of them. y'know, uhhh, skoolerships left for '08."
"But, Festus X., aren't you committed to Coach Fern at Old Army U.?"
"Yessir, but ah've been a-cogitatin' on the matter and ah think ah'd fit better in yore program, uhhh, y'know."
"Hmmmm, maybe so, perhaps not. Have you ever wristslapped a trainer or pulled a very long knife on the opposing school's cheerleaders?"
"NO! Not me, sir! Mah mama raised me up to 'spek wimmin. Why, I even kept my eyes closed when them Hooter's Girls washed my pickup at the Charity Car Wawrsh!"
"I see, well, I suppose we could give you a shot at playing for the Fighting Schooners. There's just one hurdle left, FX."
"Wuzzat, Coach?"
"You'll have to volunteer as a "Project" for the English Department."
"Uhhh, yeah, OK, Coach. Ah kin dew that."
"Fine! Look, Xerxster, I need to ring off. It seems your fellow four-star, Ramses 'Gutripper' Rittenhouse, from San Antonio Dick Chaney High, is calling."
"Sure, Coach! See yew on Signin' Day!"

LF

leematthews
9/21/2007, 04:14 AM
Graig Cooper is going to be darn good

Ton Loc
9/21/2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/092107dnspotaylor.3811d35.html

Brutal.

That article could have been written for OSU :stunned:

Perhaps, if the Aggies' fan base stopped being so obsessed with every facet of UT's program and focused all of their energy and attention on improving their own program, they'd have better results.

Mac94
9/21/2007, 08:11 AM
Aggies committing suicide!

Not all of us .... I'm still around .... in the office ... in Austin .... waiting for my Horn co-workers to show up. Luckly, having a parent that was an OU alum and having grown up a Sooner fan I do have some enjoyment left in this football season as Oklahoma looks great.

As for my Ags, I have to think that we are watching the final tour for coach Fran.

OUDoc
9/21/2007, 08:17 AM
That's the fastest I've ever seen him move.

And that was a jack-*** thing to do to a waterboy. He should have just spit in the c-c-c-cooler. :)

Beef
9/21/2007, 08:34 AM

Brutally honest.
Fixed.

Landthief 1972
9/21/2007, 08:37 AM

If I was that water boy, Japorkski would still be picking splinters of orange plastic from the Gatorade cooler out of his thick skull this morning.

toast
9/21/2007, 08:50 AM
If I was that water boy, Japorkski would still be picking splinters of orange plastic from the Gatorade cooler out of his thick skull this morning.

or that wouldn't be yellow gatorade in his next bottle

TheUnnamedSooner
9/21/2007, 09:14 AM
All that happened at the end of the first half with the turnovers and points for UM. Anyone agree with me that atm deserved it for being pansies and trying to run the clock out with almost 2mins left?

badger
9/21/2007, 09:30 AM
That article could have been written for OSU :stunned:
That sounds like a challenge!

SHEEP HEAVEN - Every college football fan watching Oklahoma State's nationally televised game against Troy last Friday night discovered what many unbiased observers have known for years: The Aggies are wannabes.

They wanna be an elite program.

They wanna be like Texas and Oklahoma, teams that have recently won championships.

They wanna be relevant.

Based on OSU's raggedy performance against the Troy Trojans, that's not happening anytime soon.

Troy 40 million, OSU pathetic number.

Trust me, the game wasn't nearly that close. It's hard to believe this is the same Troy team that OU probably would have thumped 51-13 any given time or place.

It kind of makes you wonder whether the Aggies, ranked No. 20 by themselves (idiots) until the next totally biased self ranking is released, are due for another shellacking when they play the Sooners in a few weeks.

Don't laugh.

To his credit, a somber coach Mike Gundy offered no excuses after the debacle in the Troy football thing they call a stadium.

"We didn't play our best tonight, taking nothing away from Troy," Gundy said.

Once again, Coach Gundy failed to have his team perform to a high standard in a high-profile game that could've generated some excitement for OSU, which has become a second-tier Big 12 program during the past decade.

We really shouldn't be surprised.

Aside from what now appears to be a fluke win over OU last who really knows when but they keep mentioning it, what have Coach Gundy's teams accomplished in his five seasons? Not much. He is a big loser against Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska, the best teams in the Big 12.

The Aggie faithful are tired of reading Coach Gundy's record against the Big 12's big boys. Too bad.

It is what it is.

The perception surrounding OSU's program is never going to change until the Aggies start beating good teams. Sorry, but wins over the idiot named Rhett Bomar and Georgia... oh wait, you LOST, simply don't impress.

Perhaps, if the Aggies' fan base stopped being so obsessed with every facet of OU's program and focused all of their energy and attention on improving their own program, they'd have better results.

Or, maybe, they just need to fire Coach Gundy. Or Mike Holder. Or David Schmidly. Or Boone Pickens. Hell, fire them all. Or whoever put together a game plan that resulted in Bobby Reid not carrying the ball in the first half.

Ridiculous.

The Aggies can't pass – no matter what they accomplished against Florida Atlantic last week – so their only chance to beat Troy was to dominate the line of scrimmage, wear the Trojans down and win a close game in the fourth quarter.

Pounding Reid could've accomplished that... well, maybe not, but who can say for sure now?!

Instead, Reid became a whiny sideline clipboard boy, while Zac Robinson carried the ball on his way to the turf for a fumble or a sack time after time. Troy laughed so hard that they brought down their crappy goalpost for this crappy showing by Okie State.

Reid didn't carry the ball until ... never, he just stayed there on the sideline, throwing his hat and stuff.

The flaw with that strategy is that Troy had way too much LUCK!!!! for the Aggies to consistently get outside and gain yards on the perimeter. An intelligent approach would've used any other gameplan that didn't involve sucking to attack the middle, sucking in Troy's mediocre defense, and then attack the perimeter.

It shouldn't be that complicated.

And that's why Mike Holder, OSU's athletic director, must consider making a return to coaching golf if this team fails to significantly improve over the next two months. Coach Gundy is signed through until Boone Pickens doesn't like him anymore, and word is Holder won't consider a change until Pickens tells him to.

But road games against vastly superior opponents in the Big 12, including the best damn team in the league, OU, loom. Right now, you wouldn't expect the Aggies to be favored in any of those games. A four- or five-loss season is a distinct possibility... what are we saying? A nine- to ten- loss season is a much more possible possibility.

Considering the optimism Coach Gundy had after last season's BOWL WIN, OMG and the verbal jabs he willingly took from Mike Leach at his offense in the last few days, that would represent failure.

This is Coach Gundy's sheep farm. These are his sheep.

Baaa means noooo... more losses, loser!

No acceptable excuse exists.

It's time for Holder to contemplate Coach Gundy's future awesome practice facilities unless the Aggies are satisfied being wannabes and land thieves.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 09:50 AM
That sounds like a challenge!

Too much time. You has it. ;)

stoopified
9/21/2007, 09:58 AM
Note to Future Big 12 programmers: Aggies of any kind should not play on the road on National TV on any night other than Saturday, thus the rest of the nation can't see how crappy the rest of the Big 12 truly is.:)

badger
9/21/2007, 11:39 AM
Not all of us .... I'm still around .... in the office ... in Austin .... waiting for my Horn co-workers to show up. Luckly, having a parent that was an OU alum and having grown up a Sooner fan I do have some enjoyment left in this football season as Oklahoma looks great.

As for my Ags, I have to think that we are watching the final tour for coach Fran.

I am so sorry, man, that you have to fall back on your parent's school. Both of my parents were UW-Madison graduates, and I have not fallen back on them once since I started attending OU. I certainly sympathize with your situation, working in Austin, but remind the whorns who they've played this year and that should shut them up, especially after that Central Florida scare.

Good luck today.

GrapevineSooner
9/21/2007, 11:53 AM
Fixed.

JJT actually wrote a readable column. :D

PS. Coach Fran = Gary Gibbs

Actually, a bit worse than Gibbs I'm afraid.

badger
9/21/2007, 11:57 AM
JJT actually wrote a readable column. :D

PS. Coach Fran = Gary Gibbs

Actually, a bit worse than Gibbs I'm afraid.
I wanted to flame them, but you can't use free e-mail addresses and there's no chance in hell I'm using my work e-mail :D