PDA

View Full Version : After tomorrow's game...

The Maestro
9/20/2007, 04:46 PM
...our defense will finally be getting some national recognition and not just our offense. Everyone is giddy talking about Sam, Malcolm, our O-line and the depth at running back...as well they should. But the defense has played great, too, scoring more touchdowns than they have allowed.

--North Texas got a boatload of possessions thanks to us. Midway through the third quarter they had 87 yards of offense and finished with 247...160 of those coming when the starters were pulled and the only TD they scored, a 69 yard strike, against backups.

--Miami only had ONE drive that was over 20 yards. The 18 play, 52 yard TD drive.

--Utah State's field goal came on a 10 play, 46 yard drive. They also had a 5 play drive for 22 yards and a 5 play for 20 yards.

--We have only allowed 9 drives in 3 games of over 20 yards. 3 of those came when the game was over and starters pulled. Only 3 drives have been over 30 yards. 1 of those when the game was over, the long TD by North Texas.

This is by far the best offense we have played. But our DE's have made big plays in each game--English and Williams are no longer a weakness, but a strength. DT's are playing strong. LB's are dominating and we all know about the defensive backfield.

I am certainly anticipating a great game, but I really want to see our defense step up and get more attention...and show the rest of the country that OU is definitely a complete team.

85sooners
9/20/2007, 06:28 PM
:pop:

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
9/20/2007, 06:38 PM
According to one of my friends who's a freshman OL at TU, they don't need my "good-luck", because they "WILL upset Oklahoma".

It makes the losses so much harder to bear. Poor bugger.

tommieharris91
9/20/2007, 07:30 PM
I would view Tulsa as another Boise State. If OU overlooks them, Tulsa could beat us. They have offense, but we have both offense and defense. I'm hoping for another monkey stompin', but I see them puttin' up points on our defense.

notre dame could score on their defense, though. OU scoring less than 50 on Tulsa would be a dissapointment, and maybe a loss.

CatfishSooner
9/20/2007, 08:14 PM
...scoring more touchdowns than they have allowed.

That is a great stat!:D

RedGiant
9/20/2007, 08:45 PM
Let's take a very deep breath and remember the pass defense of former days and all hope it's fixed. Another pathetic Big XII run through followed by USC picking apart a non-existent untested secondary is not what our hearts need.

Hopefully, those days are gone. We'll see.

goingoneight
9/20/2007, 10:35 PM
I am certainly taking this game and every game as seriously as I did Boise State. We got seriously exposed by the tater tots and people have taken notice.

soonersn2007
9/20/2007, 10:38 PM
With the national spotlight on our game tomorrow, anything less of a slaughter will make us appear weak in the voter's minds.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, another point... anyone think we will drop for playing Friday night?

I mean, WVU beat an average-maybe good Maryland team at Maryland (blackout?!) yet got dropped.

It seems as if the games on Saturdays make the biggest statements and the during-the-week games seem to be forgotten.

soonersn2007
9/20/2007, 10:46 PM
the during-the-week games seem to be forgotten.

I would rather slaughter Tulsa on a friday nite with no competing games on, rather than get buried in by the media darling victories on Saturday.

RedGiant
9/20/2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah I think the spotlight on OU is pretty glaring at the moment. With Bradford playing genius football and scoring at will because of it, OU is the feel good story of the year at the moment.

Soonerus
9/20/2007, 10:55 PM
OU wins by 40...fools...

Sooner74
9/20/2007, 10:55 PM
Word around the grapevine at TU is that their student population knows they will upset OU. The reason they gave verbatum "Our offense will work OU all day." Hahaha, this is going to be fun.

TexSooner000
9/20/2007, 10:56 PM
WE WILL BE 4-0

RedGiant
9/20/2007, 11:02 PM
TU might score some points but there is no way their D gives them a chance.

4-0 Friday night.

Will
9/20/2007, 11:12 PM
OU!!!!!

KantoSooner
9/21/2007, 12:11 AM
here's one guesstimate: we will have three RBs over 100yds, and a return for score as well.

<there will be some picks, too; but I don't want to ruin the surprise for you>

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 12:22 AM
I'm looking for 3 picks, 2 RB over 100 and 2 more with about 50, 375 yards passing, at least one amazing trick play - probably another variation of a reverse, a safety, 2 big returns - one for a TD, and at least a 50 point win, 70 if we can hold their score down.

And obviously, I'm not subscribing to the Friday night curse theory.

birddog
9/21/2007, 12:25 AM
maybe i'm ignorant but i'm less concerned about this game than i was the miami one.

i think the canes would manhandle the golden canes.

i'm still sticking with 52-24.

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 01:17 AM
I just don't see Tulsa scoring that much on gadget plays on our D this year. What's more, I fully expect their D to get hammered by both our run and pass game.

KantoSooner
9/21/2007, 01:29 AM
We will win handily, our offense will brutalize them. The real question is how our de will react to the best O we've faced. They'll dominate, I think, but by how much?
My sneaking suspicion (!!Homer Alert!!) is that we will find that our guys are a lot better than most thought. I doubt Tulsa gets on the board in the first half and don't think they'll see the end zone twice. so, ten points for them? Thirteen? Somewhere about there. Against 50+ for us (on the basis of when Stoops decides to sit Bradford and the first string down).

ruf/nekdad
9/21/2007, 11:06 AM
Bob Stoops & company, Outstanding Defense, Outstanding Offense, Lots of game. Nuff said.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/21/2007, 03:46 PM
...our defense will finally be getting some national recognition and not just our offense. Everyone is giddy talking about Sam, Malcolm, our O-line and the depth at running back...as well they should. But the defense has played great, too, scoring more touchdowns than they have allowed.

--North Texas got a boatload of possessions thanks to us. Midway through the third quarter they had 87 yards of offense and finished with 247...160 of those coming when the starters were pulled and the only TD they scored, a 69 yard strike, against backups.

--Miami only had ONE drive that was over 20 yards. The 18 play, 52 yard TD drive.

--Utah State's field goal came on a 10 play, 46 yard drive. They also had a 5 play drive for 22 yards and a 5 play for 20 yards.

--We have only allowed 9 drives in 3 games of over 20 yards. 3 of those came when the game was over and starters pulled. Only 3 drives have been over 30 yards. 1 of those when the game was over, the long TD by North Texas.

This is by far the best offense we have played. But our DE's have made big plays in each game--English and Williams are no longer a weakness, but a strength. DT's are playing strong. LB's are dominating and we all know about the defensive backfield.

I am certainly anticipating a great game, but I really want to see our defense step up and get more attention...and show the rest of the country that OU is definitely a complete team.

What a homer

BoomerGirl34
9/21/2007, 11:42 PM
OU wins by 40...fools...

http://altreligion.about.com/library/graphics/nostradamus9.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jwlynn64
9/21/2007, 11:48 PM
OU wins by 40...fools...

Sorry, but OU won by 41. Your predictions suck! ;)

The Maestro
9/21/2007, 11:56 PM
What a homer

True. But am I unemployed in Houston in an apartment?

What are you? A NoLa refugee?

:D :D :D