PDA

View Full Version : How did they do this?

Dan Thompson
9/20/2007, 02:09 PM
Just looked at the NCAA stats.

CATAGORY USC's place LSU's place

Total Offense 33 18
Rushing Offense 6 17
Passing Offense 94 43
Scoring Offense 18 14

Total Defense 41 1
Passing Defense 94 2
Rushing Defense 9 3
Scoring Defense 45 1

The passing defense is why Dixon, QB at Oregon, will beat USC.

Octavian
9/20/2007, 02:26 PM
If he's ever on the field. That USC OL looks like it could eat up a whole quarter with the running game (if it doesn't score too soon) if it wants to.

Oregon and Cal are probably the only places SC could stumble...but after Saturday, those chances look a little more slim. If they can run the ball like that, it's gonna be tough for another Pac10 defense to stick with them for 4 quarters and not get beat down and worn out.

tommieharris91
9/20/2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99656

colleyvillesooner
9/20/2007, 02:48 PM
170 of Neb. pass yards and both their passing TD's came in the 4th quarter when they were down by 30 pts.

219 yards passing and no TD's to a west coast offense when the game is still competitive isn't that bad.

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 02:52 PM
The passing defense is why Dixon, QB at Oregon, will beat USC.

I don't know how I feel about that comment:pop:
EDIT-
YEP...SAT ON THIS ONE ALL DAY, AND AM NOW DECIDED....**** DIXON! I HOPE IT'S A TIE!:mad:

MextheBulldog
9/20/2007, 04:08 PM
Neb took away the passing game, which opened up the run game. Now consider that suc does have a great line, but they were starting a freshman at center. My guess is that teams will load the box going forward against suc and force bootie to make plays with those very, very young WR's.

And me thinks Cal has a better shot at the upset than the ducks, but the ducks were impressive against Big Blue, but so was App State.

ocsooner
9/20/2007, 04:33 PM
And me thinks Cal has a better shot at the upset than the ducks, but the ducks were impressive against Big Blue, but so was App State.

And ND.:D

The Maestro
9/20/2007, 05:34 PM
Lots of people will be able to run against Nebraska this year if they want to. They were depleted in the front 7. Don't glorify USC too much...hell, watch Ball Freaking State move the ball on Nebraska this weekend.

My Opinion Matters
9/20/2007, 05:34 PM
There's lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics. Look, I hate USC just as much as the next guy and I'm not ready to anoint them with another MNC but those numbers are skewed. They've only played two games and it was against teams that abandoned the run because USC got out to an insurmountable lead. They haven't thrown the ball much yet because, quite frankly, they haven't had to. Not throwing the ball when you're gaining 11 yards a carry in the ground game is good coaching.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 11:57 PM
Good point, but screw 'em anyway. I hope they lose the rest of their games.