PDA

View Full Version : Baylor vs Buffalo

kbsooner
9/20/2007, 12:48 PM
After the vaunted Bears "managed" a 34-27 win over Texas St. on their home field, they almost lost me. They are on the road this weak at perennial punching bag Buffalo (17-89 since 92). The line started out -5.5 Baylor, its down to -3.5. If Baylor loses this game for the Big 12, its time to start the internet petition to get them out. I rather play with 11 teams and still call the league the Big 12 than deal with this nonsense anymore...

frankensooner
9/20/2007, 01:00 PM
Can we put osu on the petition too?

OSUAggie
9/20/2007, 01:10 PM
Yah, get that school with the most national titles out of the conference, they're dragging everyone down.

Widescreen
9/20/2007, 01:14 PM
OK, kick BU and OSU out for football only.

silverwheels
9/20/2007, 01:16 PM
Yah, get that school with the most national titles out of the conference, they're dragging everyone down.

At least you can admit it. ;) :D

sooner518
9/20/2007, 01:17 PM
stfu
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/2e551c3d-be85-465a-8c7a-7bfff692a5fa.jpg

Seamus
9/20/2007, 01:21 PM

Most of us aren't too aroused by your various titles that involve tights, a lobotomy and/or something ovine.

So yeah, to the curb with your arse, Mr. Barnyard Predator.

Paperclip
9/20/2007, 02:59 PM
This is that game on the schedule where I thought, huh? Then I remembered Turner Gill was at Buffalo and he's a former Baylor assistant. That's the only reason I can come up with why this game was scheduled.

royalfan5
9/20/2007, 03:02 PM
This is that game on the schedule where I thought, huh? Then I remembered Turner Gill was at Buffalo and he's a former Baylor assistant. That's the only reason I can come up with why this game was scheduled.
Gill was at SMU, Frazier was at Baylor.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2007, 03:03 PM
After the vaunted Bears "managed" a 34-27 win over Texas St. on their home field, they almost lost me. They are on the road this weak at perennial punching bag Buffalo (17-89 since 92). The line started out -5.5 Baylor, its down to -3.5. If Baylor loses this game for the Big 12, its time to start the internet petition to get them out. I rather play with 11 teams and still call the league the Big 12 than deal with this nonsense anymore...
How about an internet petition to get YOU out of here?

What non-sense, exactly, are you "dealing" with? You're a sooner fan not a Baylor so what the hell does it matter to you? It's not like you're seriously invested with any win/loss on our part. Give me a break.

Paperclip
9/20/2007, 03:06 PM
Gill was at SMU, Frazier was at Baylor.

http://blatherreview.mu.nu/archives/Litella1.jpg

Oh. Nevermind.

douxpaysan
9/20/2007, 03:30 PM

What non-sense, exactly, are you "dealing" with? You're a sooner fan not a Baylor so what the hell does it matter to you? It's not like you're seriously invested with any win/loss on our part. Give me a break.
Spek to SicEm. OSU fans had a thread two weeks ago (after Iowa State's second loss) making similar sounds. It was wrong (and the irony) of them and we shouldn't start that here.

yermom
9/20/2007, 03:46 PM
why wouldn't Baylor schedule Buffalo?

if they would have scheduled a bit easier in 2005 and 2006 they would have probably been bowl eligible

royalfan5
9/20/2007, 03:48 PM
why wouldn't Baylor schedule Buffalo?

if they would have scheduled a bit easier in 2005 and 2006 they would have probably been bowl eligible
the question is not why would they, but how the got roped into traveling to Buffalo to play them.

tommieharris91
9/20/2007, 03:51 PM
The same reason there was an Oklahoma State @ Troy game last Friday night...?

royalfan5
9/20/2007, 03:52 PM
That was a nationally televised game near important recruiting areas. Buffalo is none of those things.

tommieharris91
9/20/2007, 03:56 PM
To tell those people in NY that Baylor exists, maybe? They advertise during everyone else's football games on FSN Southwest right now.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this... :confused:

yermom
9/20/2007, 03:58 PM
the question is not why would they, but how the got roped into traveling to Buffalo to play them.

ahh, maybe they are doing a home and home thing?

i know OSU was trading a game @Troy for 2 @OSU

i wonder how much they are dreading that now :D

silverwheels
9/20/2007, 04:02 PM

To get the smaller conferences on TV? Doubt it.

Paperclip
9/20/2007, 04:02 PM
Sounds like just a home and home.

BAYLOR-BUFFALO SERIES

This is the first-ever meeting between Baylor and Buffalo in football. Buffalo is scheduled to visit Floyd Casey Stadium Sept. 11, 2010.

birddog
9/20/2007, 04:43 PM
a&m-miami is a bunch of hard nosed, athletic dudes running around in vanilla schemes.

baylor-buffalo...now that's a pillow fight.

Texas Golfer
9/20/2007, 04:45 PM
How is Baylor scheduling Buffalo any different than OU scheduling Middle Tennessee...except for Buffalo having a chance to win?

birddog
9/20/2007, 04:48 PM
we would never schedule a home and home with middle tenn. middle tenn gets their 750k's and shows up so our guys can scrimmage against someone else.

SoonerDood
9/20/2007, 04:53 PM
since 1960, your only NCs have come via Wrestling and Men's Golf. Quite a well-rounded athletic department there.

kbsooner
9/20/2007, 05:05 PM

what I'm dealing with is the perennial ripping of the Big 12 being a weak conference. It has direct correlation with OU, this season very well could come down to whose conference is better. The fact the Big East is now commonly picked as a more powerful conference than the Big 12 is directly attributed to bottom feeders such as Baylor, OSU, ISU, etc. Time to sac up SicEm, quit riding the Big 12 South gravy train and win some damn games. Over 10 years is enough time to turn things around down there. We're just asking for a bit a respectability here, a Big 12 team should be at least 14 point favorite against Buffalo any time by name only. We'll never reach SEC or Pac 10 status with losers like Baylor on board!

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2007, 12:07 AM
what I'm dealing with is the perennial ripping of the Big 12 being a weak conference. It has direct correlation with OU, this season very well could come down to whose conference is better. The fact the Big East is now commonly picked as a more powerful conference than the Big 12 is directly attributed to bottom feeders such as Baylor, OSU, ISU, etc. Time to sac up SicEm, quit riding the Big 12 South gravy train and win some damn games. Over 10 years is enough time to turn things around down there. We're just asking for a bit a respectability here, a Big 12 team should be at least 14 point favorite against Buffalo any time by name only. We'll never reach SEC or Pac 10 status with losers like Baylor on board!

Here's a clue since you don't have one.
Baylor is not the reason that the Big East is somewhat more highly regarded this season than the Big XII. You can obviously lampoon our suckage, but the general down turn of the conference the last couple of seasons is probably a much much better reason. My guess is that Baylor has sucked for so long that when people rate the conference they disregard the Baylor stats as Baylor being Baylor and look at how poorly traditionally strong teams in the conference are dong.

Here's another clue for you: Baylor football sucked when the conference was highly ranked and yet you single us out as the reason for the downturn in the conference this season? Strength of schedule aside, if OU was able to get into the national title game in 2001, 2003, and 2004 with Baylor's record (which was very bad in 2001 and not much better the other years) then you need to find better excuses as to why the Big XII isn't getting any respect.

I'm not a pollyanna and I certainly have my complaints about Baylor football, but blaming us for the general downturn of the conference this season is a load of **** my friend.

birddog
9/21/2007, 12:22 AM
I'm not a pollyanna and I certainly have my complaints about Baylor football, but blaming us for the general downturn of the conference this season is a load of **** my friend.

well, you ain't helping either.:D

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 01:23 AM
No offense sic 'em...Like I said, I pull for Baylor regularly, but you're right...Baylor didn't contribute to the downfall of the conference this season - They weakened us from the start!

CORNholio
9/21/2007, 01:37 AM
Baylor has a purpose. We gotta have our smart kid institution (i.e. Northwestern, Vandy, Stanford) to beat up on.

Its the dumb and bad schools that are bringing the 12 down. (ISU, Okie Light)

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 02:01 AM
True enough!

silverwheels
9/21/2007, 02:34 AM
If you kick out Baylor, we lose a competitive school in other sports. We also lose what basically amounts to a bye week as long as it's not the calendar year 2005. Why would you want to do that?

Also, if you kick out the crappy teams, even without replacing them, someone else is going to take their place. It's the law of averages. You can't have 10 12-win teams in one conference. There's either going to be a couple of elite teams, a middle pack, and a few crappy ones, or everyone is going to be mediocre. There's no other way around it.

I know the Big 12 has sucked for the past few years, but there's nothing we can do about it. Hell, we should be glad; it makes it easier for us to go undefeated. Argue all you want about strength of schedule, but the vast majority of the time, when you go undefeated you're going to be in the title game. Just win, baby.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 09:44 AM
The teams we should be ****ed at are A&M, Nebraska, and K-State.

kbsooner
9/21/2007, 09:56 AM
agreed. As for SicEm's response, I guess I should not have much hope. It appears you guys waved the white flag long ago.

tnraider1
9/21/2007, 11:06 AM
Why pick on Baylor of all teams in the big 12? The reason the SEC and Big East and pac-10 are getting more respect has nothing to do with bottom feeder teams. Baylor would be last in any of those conferences, just like Vandy, Stanford, and most of the big least would be last in OUrs. It's the middle tier teams that give a conference respectability. Colorado, OSU, aTm, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Kansas State are the teams that need to be producing and winning more OOC games against the power conferences. Somebody has to be last, the big 12 just has more teams fighting for last then we do for first.

snp
9/21/2007, 11:40 AM
If Baylor loses this game for the Big 12, its time to start the internet petition to get them out. I rather play with 11 teams and still call the league the Big internet petition 12 than deal with this nonsense anymore...

Hahahahaha. Surely you can't be this dumb to think an online petition will matter, are you?

Hahahaha

Position Limit
9/21/2007, 11:52 AM
i seriously want buffalo to smoke baylor. it's time those cocky balyor fans come down to earth and buffalo will be the perfect slap fight to make it happen. buffalo will shock the nation on saturday. you heard it here first.

yermom
9/21/2007, 11:58 AM
The teams we should be ****ed at are A&M, Nebraska, and K-State.

there isn't a lot of shame in losing to USC, Allbarn and Miami. it's the teams losing to AA teams and crappy directional schools. i mean who would really pick those teams to win those games before the season started?

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
9/21/2007, 12:32 PM
i seriously want buffalo to smoke baylor. it's time those cocky balyor fans come down to earth and buffalo will be the perfect slap fight to make it happen. buffalo will shock the nation on saturday. you heard it here first.

Yeah, those Baylor fans are soo arrogant. :mad:

I can't wait for a shocking upset to reach the nation, that is, after it first reaches outside city limits. Whenever that is.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

kbsooner
9/21/2007, 12:56 PM
Why pick on Baylor of all teams in the big 12? Baylor would be last in any of those conferences, just like Vandy, Stanford, and most of the big least would be last in OUrs. It's the middle tier teams that give a conference respectability. Colorado, OSU, aTm, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Kansas State are the teams that need to be producing and winning more OOC games against the power conferences. Somebody has to be last, the big 12 just has more teams fighting for last then we do for first.

All points I agree with, but Vandy, Stanford, etc. would be double digit favs against Buffalo. So even our worse doesn't compare to other conference low lifes. League improvement has to start from the bottom up. I guess that Texas St. score drew my ire from the Bears.

SNP: I was going for some tongue in cheek action with the petition...

tnraider1
9/21/2007, 01:25 PM
All points I agree with, but Vandy, Stanford, etc. would be double digit favs against Buffalo. So even our worse doesn't compare to other conference low lifes. League improvement has to start from the bottom up. I guess that Texas St. score drew my ire from the Bears.

I can understand that, but a few years ago most folks didn't look at the Big 12 as second rate. Nebraska had a great run in the 90's, so did Colorado, Kansas State pulled themselves out of the basement. Throw Texas and OU in the mix and you have yourself one hell of a conference. Were all these teams lighting it up at the exact same time, no, but even in a down year, they were respectable for the most part.

My point being that if Baylor were to win the rest of their games this year, the conference would still suck and that would be more proof of it. But if Neb, Col, and KState all finish around 9-3, then we have 5 teams in the top 25. No one can call that weak. Look back at the last national title run the Sooners had. Look at how many of those teams were ranked at some point during the year. Where are they now?

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2007, 02:05 PM

SNP: I was going for some tongue in cheek action with the petition...
'
And I suppose that you're SOOOOO concerned with the Big XII winning its games that you would never ever even secretly wish for the Whorns to lose (such as their game against UCF) or be the least bit pleased when OSU loses a game against a team like Troy.

birddog
9/22/2007, 08:07 PM
looks like the bears are in position to really open some eyes for the big 12 naysayers.

leading buffalo 27-14.

hello quality win!!

oh, it's not the bills.

King Crimson
9/22/2007, 08:13 PM
Vandy and Stanford are elite schools. Baylor is a middling private. a good school, not a great school.

kbsooner
9/23/2007, 06:19 PM
congrats goes to Baylor on the nice road win. Cornholers now have my full ire.

SicEmBaylor
9/23/2007, 06:30 PM
congrats goes to Baylor on the nice road win. Cornholers now have my full ire.
I'm glad we've pleased you. ;)

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 06:32 PM
looks like the bears are in position to really open some eyes for the big 12 naysayers.

leading buffalo 27-14.

hello quality win!!

oh, it's not the bills.Heh.

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 08:37 PM

leading buffalo 27-14.

hello quality win!!

oh, it's not the bills.
No, i don't think the Bills could score 14 even on Baylor's defense. :D