PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first preseason magazine

stoopified
9/20/2007, 11:47 AM
in the store the other day.It was Lindy's and they have us at #8 in the Big12.I just glanced through it so I don't know the 1-12 ranking in conference.Personally I say NO WAY do we finish at #8.With losses at other schools(players and coaches),I just don't see 7 teams being better than us.We finshed 7th last yearunder much more dire straits then we face this year.I think Capel and the boys can compete for a top 4 spot in conference and I have them at no worse than 5th.

Jeopardude
9/20/2007, 01:19 PM
I think 5-6 is more like it.

crawfish
9/20/2007, 02:09 PM
I think we'll finish higher, maybe even in the top four. But I can completely understand why we'd be rated much lower.

Blake & Omar will be the key. They need to be contributing like veterans by the time Big 12 play comes along.

tommieharris91
9/20/2007, 02:35 PM
A good goal for this team would be making the NCAA Tournament.

SleestakSooner
9/26/2007, 08:38 AM
The Sooners will need to finish in the top five in conference to make the big dance. Unless of course they win the big 12 tourney again.

william_brasky
9/26/2007, 09:05 PM
whoever picked us at #8 in the conference must not be a parent. [hairGel]

Ash
9/26/2007, 11:05 PM
The Sooners will need to finish in the top five in conference to make the big dance. Unless of course they win the big 12 tourney again.

In addition to doing other things, like winning the big OOC games, doing well on the road...

stoopified
9/27/2007, 07:39 AM
In addition to doing other things, like winning the big OOC games, doing well on the road...
AND don't **** off Mike Gundy! :)

frankie
10/2/2007, 04:34 PM
found an interview of Ryan Wright after he decided he would be coming to Oklahoma. Can't wait to see him next year-

http://www.jerseychaser.com/wright.html

CitySooner
10/3/2007, 02:36 PM
This season, Capels second as head coach, to me is the hardest one in years to predict how the mighty CRIMSON will do. There are a couple of new players who could make an immediate impact, but who will play the point and will he get the job done is the big question. I think what will be the most interesting is Capels recruiting for next season. Will he start getting those top players who usually go to KU and the U of Puke?

Jeopardude
3/6/2008, 05:00 PM
in the store the other day.It was Lindy's and they have us at #8 in the Big12.I just glanced through it so I don't know the 1-12 ranking in conference.Personally I say NO WAY do we finish at #8.With losses at other schools(players and coaches),I just don't see 7 teams being better than us.We finshed 7th last yearunder much more dire straits then we face this year.I think Capel and the boys can compete for a top 4 spot in conference and I have them at no worse than 5th.

Stoopified is wise and astute. Spek.

stoopified
3/6/2008, 05:15 PM
I was just thinking about pulling up that thread.The amazing thing to me about this season is we (at 20-10,8-7)have a chance to finish 21-10,9-7 which is what I was hoping for IF we stayed healthy and at full strength.It makes what Capel has done with his years team an even more amazing feat.

I can't help wondering how good we could have been if Clark doesn't flunk out,or Blake doesn't hurt his knees or L2 doesn't break a leg.Better yet what if NONE of that happened?I think we reverse losses at CU and NU by beating them to death down low with a rotation of Blake,Taylor,L2 and Clark.I am also certain we would have worn out UT down low in Norman.I know it doesn't change anything BUT imagine this team at 23-7,11-4.Oh well we could be that good next year.