PDA

View Full Version : Bang & Olufsen A8 Headphones from my wife

OUAndy1807
9/20/2007, 10:54 AM
My wife bought me some of these as a surprise gift (no occassion). I really like them and appreciate the thought, but they're way nicer than what I need. There's no way I'm keeping them.

How do I tell her that I'm taking them back and not hurt her feelings?

GottaHavePride
9/20/2007, 10:55 AM
You can't. I'd just keep them if I were you. ;)

TexasLidig8r
9/20/2007, 11:01 AM
Ditto... Besides, with the upgraded sound quality you will get, it may increase your appreciation for music.

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 11:09 AM
My wife bought me some of these as a surprise gift (no occassion). I really like them and appreciate the thought, but they're way nicer than what I need. There's no way I'm keeping them.

How do I tell her that I'm taking them back and not hurt her feelings?

throw them in the pool:D

OCUDad
9/20/2007, 11:10 AM
Keep them. Returning an out-of-the-blue gift from your spouse is suicidal.

OUAndy1807
9/20/2007, 11:31 AM
so here's the rest of the story:
She bought an iphone the day they came out. She hears about the $100 rebate from Apple when they lowered the price and she tells me that she's going to get one of the new nanos with it. I say "Why? You have a mini and an iphone, why do you need a nano?" So she uses the gift card and some additional cash to buy these for me.

Is exchanging these headphones for a nano for her an option?

frankensooner
9/20/2007, 11:35 AM
If she has an iphone, why would she need a nano? Doesn't the iphone play music? Keep the headphones and tell her you love her!

KC//CRIMSON
9/20/2007, 11:53 AM
Were you dropped at birth?

Take the headphones!

handcrafted
9/20/2007, 11:56 AM
What KC said. Keep the farging headphones.

Don't even think about giving them to me. Really. I value your life (more than you do apparently).

Besides, those are butt-kicking 'phones. :D

OUDoc
9/20/2007, 01:47 PM
Make her sleep in the garage.

Oldnslo
9/20/2007, 01:53 PM
Are you f'n kidding me? You'd think of returning the headphones because they're too nice?!

Keep them, moran. And the next time you see your wife, smile, hug her and tell her how much nicer they are than you would have bought for yourself. Hug her again.

and then go for teh buttsecks.