PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about the IPod?

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:27 PM
What should I do?

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 10:11 PM
You left off the take it back to bestbuy option. But you still need a kick in the nuts. Less of course, your rich.

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 10:14 PM
Not enough poll choices.

1. Let it dry out in a bag of rice for a day or two
2. If it still doesn't work, take it back and see if you can get it replaced
3. Kick yourself in the nuts before and after every step (thanks, s_b_1960)

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2007, 10:18 PM
Try to dry it out.

And how does she come up with cash herself?

Pricetag
9/19/2007, 10:20 PM
She's seen the real thing, so if you can't get it working and decide to replace it, it will have to be an IPod and not some other MP3 player.

I voted for "split the cost." Don't tell her you're splitting the cost, though. If she doesn't know how much they cost, let her think she's buying the whole thing. Half will probably be a stretch for a kid her age anyhow.

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2007, 10:23 PM
She's seen the real thing, so if you can't get it working and decide to replace it, it will have to be an IPod and not some other MP3 player.

I voted for "split the cost." Don't tell her you're splitting the cost, though. If she doesn't know how much they cost, let her think she's buying the whole thing. Half will probably be a stretch for a kid her age anyhow.
How does a 6 year old girl come up with half the cost of an Ipod?

I'm not trying to be funny here. Kids like that have no way to earn a substantial amount of money and have very little concept of moneys true value.

OzarkSooner
9/19/2007, 10:27 PM
NO WAY would I buy her another iPod. As I said on the other thread, get her an Apple Nano or even a shuffle ($79.00 & around 240 songs).

6 years old = too young for a full-blown iPod

(imho of course)

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 10:30 PM
My youngest Grandson , Is more than willing to Come help me out fer some Bucks .
The hell of it IS he EARNS it . At 7 :cool:

critical_phil
9/19/2007, 10:33 PM
How does a 6 year old girl come up with half the cost of an Ipod?

pffft.

she could easily earn that by 2014 working for kathie lee gifford.

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 10:40 PM
Take it to an Apple Store. Seriously. Just tell them it's only a couple of days old but it doesn't work now. They're not going to pop open the case right there to see if you dropped it in a pool; they'll try to turn it on, see that it doesn't work, and give you a new one.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 10:41 PM
pole should be multiple choice

yarrrrr

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 10:42 PM
oh, give it a week to dry out first...

(before testing it or returning it, et all)

but returning it for a new one kinda teaches her that dishonesty can be ok at times. so if you return it, keep it for a bit before you give it back to her (****, i'm not a parent and didn't sleep at a holiday inn last night)

KC//CRIMSON
9/19/2007, 10:55 PM
We should throw you in the pool.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 11:06 PM
My youngest Grandson , Is more than willing to Come help me out fer some Bucks .
The hell of it IS he EARNS it . At 7 :cool:

My oldest kid started working at my father inlaw's steel fab shop 3 summers ago. My oldest started this last summer. Besides their pay for the extra chores around the house, that is all the spending money they have. I pay them minimum wage and have to supervise, but it has been working out great! They are not doing welding or anything but more like sweeping/cleaning up. My oldest wants to get into the office already, he's 13 and prolly smarter than us. But he needs to build a little more "Character". And nothing builds that faster than the hardest, sweatiest, dirtiest jobs I can think of.:D

Vaevictis
9/19/2007, 11:26 PM
As a kid, if I was lucky, I would have gotten something worth an iPod at Christmas.

And if I had dropped it in the pool and destroyed it, I would have been told, "Well, you can always ask for another at Christmas."

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 11:32 PM
When I was a general contractor . My Boys whould ask me fer Money
They Moved that pile of Brick 42 times

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 11:35 PM
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9223/coolhandlukeyr6.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

proud gonzo
9/19/2007, 11:48 PM
Take it to an Apple Store. Seriously. Just tell them it's only a couple of days old but it doesn't work now. They're not going to pop open the case right there to see if you dropped it in a pool; they'll try to turn it on, see that it doesn't work, and give you a new one.yep--I know people who have done that. Tell them it won't turn on now and they'll probably give you a new one right there.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 11:52 PM
Water detection sticker...

http://www.danlockton.co.uk/research/images/phonesticker1.jpg

until they start putting these in...you see when cell phones became smaller, people were doing stuff like that all the time. But then they put these little sickers in there...and that is the first place they look...It's only a matter of time me thinks:pop:

GottaHavePride
9/20/2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah, but a cell phone battery is easy to remove. An iPod is much more difficult to open up.

And Stu, your 13-year-old is named Mike Rowe?

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah, but a cell phone battery is easy to remove. An iPod is much more difficult to open up.

And Stu, your 13-year-old is named Mike Rowe?

Mike Rowe could'nt hold Bubba's jock...My boy's WORK...not F around and smile for the camera

soonerbrat
9/20/2007, 07:34 AM
see if you can return it and keep it for yourself. obviously she's not responsible enough to own one if it only lasted one day in the first place.

proud gonzo
9/20/2007, 07:40 AM
i obviously missed the setup to this thread. how old is the kid and what happened to the ipod?

soonerbrat
9/20/2007, 07:45 AM
she's 6 and she dropped it in teh pool after owning it for less than 24 hours

soonerbrat
9/20/2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99890

proud gonzo
9/20/2007, 07:49 AM
ah. yeah, definitely take it to wherever and get it replaced. but IMO a 6 year old doesn't need an iPod. my dad didn't buy one for me until my birthday this year and i'm 22.

soonernation
9/20/2007, 08:19 AM
ah. yeah, definitely take it to wherever and get it replaced. but IMO a 6 year old doesn't need an iPod. my dad didn't buy one for me until my birthday this year and i'm 22.

I guess I'm just a sucker but I don't see why a kid can't have an IPod. She's a good kid that does everything she's asked to do. She's very respectful to adults and other children. I know kids her age that are disrespectful to everyone their around. She has other things that cost over a hundred dollars and she has never lost or broken any of them. As long as she maintains her good behavior at home and at school I have no problem spoiling her a little. On the other hand if she gets to be disrespectful to other people and starts to misbehave I have absolutely no problem brightening up the hiney or taking away her privileges. She earns her privileges and some money by doing things around the house. She cleans her room and helps her mom around the house. She doesn’t have a big allowance but she does get some. She probably knows more than some grown men and women I know about the value of a dollar. Of course with some adults that’s not saying much. Anyway the important thing here is that she HAS learned a lesson about responsibility.

crawfish
9/20/2007, 08:57 AM
The obvious option: buy her a cheap (read: non-IPOD) replacement.

IB4OU2
9/20/2007, 09:30 AM

How old were you when he bought you a gun?

GottaHavePride
9/20/2007, 09:54 AM

Do negative numbers count?

IB4OU2
9/20/2007, 09:56 AM

Then he's my kind of guy.....priorities, priorities. :D

soonerbrat
9/20/2007, 10:09 AM
so, why did you ask if you already made up your mind? trying to rationalize your decision? ;)

proud gonzo
9/20/2007, 03:00 PM

heehee :D

um... 16 for the Beretta, 18 for the Glock. Or something like that. :O :D

proud gonzo
9/20/2007, 03:03 PM
so, why did you ask if you already made up your mind? trying to rationalize your decision? ;)I think he was just giving us all a chance to tell him he's dumb ;)