PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter is very sad now

soonernation
9/19/2007, 08:34 PM
She got her first IPod Tuesday and today she dropped it in the pool. All I can really say is

I really couldn't say that to her so I'm venting to you. That is all.

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 08:39 PM
learned a lesson... thats life

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 08:41 PM
that was kind of harsh of me sorry

soonernation
9/19/2007, 08:42 PM
learned a lesson... thats life

It's an expensive lesson (on me that is). She wanted to go get another one 5 minutes after we dug it out of the pool. I of course refused.

I would like to say **** one more time.

soonernation
9/19/2007, 08:44 PM
that was kind of harsh of me sorry

It might be harsh but it was true.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say ****.

SoonerDood
9/19/2007, 08:45 PM
tell her that she can buy her next one. AND NOT DROP IT IN THE DAMN POOL!

OUAndy1807
9/19/2007, 08:53 PM
take it and put it in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice. it's a longshot, but it works a lot of times with electronics (the rice draws the moisture out of the item)

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2007, 08:53 PM
It's not necessarily broke. If you haven't already turned it on then leave it in a dry place for a week or so and let it completely dry out inside. If you don't try to turn it on then it shouldn't short circuit or anything.

BudSooner
9/19/2007, 08:54 PM
Sorry to hear that dude, my kids are rough on the electronics as well.

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 08:54 PM
how old is she....Oh And I must laugh, because you still have to buy her a car, and than keep repairing it..

I would like to say **** myself !!!!!

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 08:56 PM
How old is said Daughter ? How long ya had said Ipod thingy ?

soonernation
take it and put it in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice. it's a longshot, but it works a lot of times with electronics (the rice draws the moisture out of the item)

It's funny you say that. It's sitting in a bag of rice right now. I typed "dropped IPod in Pool" in google and that was the one of the most popular tips on message boards.

soonernation
How old is said Daughter ? How long ya had said Ipod thingy ?

She's 6. About 24 hours.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 08:57 PM
how old is she....Oh And I must laugh, because you still have to buy her a car, and than keep repairing it..

I would like to say **** myself !!!!!
You could get by cheaper on the Car thingies If you would just call me !:P

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 08:59 PM
You could get by cheaper on the Car thingies If you would just call me !:P
i would get by cheaper if she would just get married. I think:eek:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:00 PM
She's 6. About 24 hours.
Then Ya aint a DAAAAADDDDYYYYY if she aint got ya wraped . No Dad In the world can look a 6 yr old Baby girl in the eye and say "Sorry Bitch aint happening "
Try the rice thingy , Where did ya get it ?

OUAndy1807
9/19/2007, 09:00 PM
It's funny you say that. It's sitting in a bag of rice right now. I typed "dropped IPod in Pool" in google and that was the one of the most popular tips on message boards.
I've never done it with an ipod, but it's never failed for me with cell phones, electronic thermometers, etc.....

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 09:01 PM
6 year olds don't need a cell phone

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:02 PM
i would get by cheaper if she would just get married. I think:eek:
Just How Dumb are ya ?
Are ya fergetting the COST of a weddin ?:eek:
Then when she has 3 kids and a devorce and Moves back home ?
Get her fixed , and Fix her car !:P

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 09:03 PM
Just How Dumb are ya ?
Are ya fergetting the COST of a weddin ?:eek:
Then when she has 3 kids and a devorce and Moves back home ?
Get her fixed , and Fix her car !:P
:D :D :D you may be right.. experienced are ya :D

LilSooner
9/19/2007, 09:07 PM
Why in the world did a 6 year old need an ipod? Please tell me that you bought the cheapest one or at least one of those cheap samsung things.

Really an ipod for a 6 year old?

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:09 PM
6 year olds don't need a cell phone

She doesn't have a cell phone. She used to have an IPod though.

Turd_Ferguson
9/19/2007, 09:09 PM
I washed my Son's Ipod when he left it in his jeans pocket. I let it dry out, took it to Best Buy and acted stupid. Told them it just stopped working. I left with a new one at no charge.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:11 PM
:D :D :D you may be right.. experienced are ya :D
Been there done that . Couldnt afford the T-shirt :mad:

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 09:12 PM
She doesn't have a cell phone. She used to have an IPod though.

sorry, but she doesn't need an IPOD either. WTH do 6yo listen to?

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:12 PM
Why in the world did a 6 year old need an ipod? Please tell me that you bought the cheapest one or at least one of those cheap samsung things.

Youve nevar Been the Daddy of a 6 yr old Baby girl have ya ?:P

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:14 PM
All you Tuff Bastages and Bastegetts anit evar seen the Baby girl Cry have you ?

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:14 PM

Other than the dropping it in the pool she's generally good with stuff. She loves to listen to music and in the long run an IPod would have been cheaper than buying CD's. I'd rather her listen to music than be stuck in front of the damn TV for hours like most kids her age.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 09:17 PM
Other than the dropping it in the pool she's generally good with stuff. She loves to listen to music and in the long run an IPod would have been cheaper than buying CD's. I'd rather her listen to music than be stuck in front of the damn TV for hours like most kids her age.

why don't you just talk to her:D

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:18 PM
WTH do 6yo listen to?

You're kidding right. I don't know the name of all the Disney groups/artist but there are a ton. Hannah Montana and the High School Musical soundtrack to name a couple.

Oh yeah. She also loves 2 Live Crew.;)

LilSooner
9/19/2007, 09:18 PM

But an Ipod? Dude go buy one of those 30 dollar walmart jobbies. You don't buy a 6 year old an expensive *** ipod cause ya know they will like drop it in the pool and stuff.

:D

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:19 PM
But an Ipod? Dude go buy one of those 30 dollar walmart jobbies. You don't buy a 6 year old an expensive *** ipod cause ya know they will like drop it in the pool and stuff.

:D

Oh sure. Where were you yesterday.:mad: ;)

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 09:21 PM
You're kidding right. I don't know the name of all the Disney groups/artist but there are a ton. Hannah Montana and the High School Musical soundtrack to name a couple.

Oh yeah. She also loves 2 Live Crew.;)

I know just messing with you, I know all those kid show themes.

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:21 PM
why don't you just talk to her:D

Oh trust me there's a ton of talking around here. Lots of games to be played and books to be read with a 6 year old. They'll wear ya out at that age.

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 09:22 PM
I'm sure it doesn't apply to anyone on this board, but did you ever notice the most vocal parenting experts are those with no children?

LilSooner
9/19/2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah you should have asked the SO before making any major purchases or personal decisions.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 09:31 PM
I'm sure it doesn't apply to anyone on this board, but did you ever notice the most vocal parenting experts are those with no children?

you mean you don't know everything because you post on message boards?

maybe you suck at teh interweb...

yarrrrrr

:pop:

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah you should have asked the SO before making any major purchases or personal decisions.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99891

1stTimeCaller
9/19/2007, 09:37 PM
you seriously sound like an unfit parent. I am calling DHS right now.

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:38 PM
really little kids shouldn't have them anyway. they are ruining kids' hearing because they listen loud and the batteries last for a long long time

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:43 PM
you seriously sound like an unfit parent. I am calling DHS right now.

If you only knew where I was.

On a side note I need to go get some whiskey. The damn kid won't go to sleep.

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:44 PM
really little kids shouldn't have them anyway. they are ruining kids' hearing because they listen loud and the batteries last for a long long time

How old should they be?

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:46 PM
How old should they be?

probably no one should use them for long periods of time

here's a good article:

http://children.webmd.com/guide/hearing-loss-mp3s

soonernation
9/19/2007, 09:50 PM

here's a good article:

She actually wasn't going to have a ton of time to listen to it anyway. She's fairly busy as far as 6 year olds go. She's got homework every night plus she plays soccer and softball. With practices basically every night by the time she finishes her school work it's almost time to go to bed (9:00PM).

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:53 PM
oh, they find time. trust me
i have a 14 yo girl.

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 10:08 PM
you mean you don't know everything because you post on message boards?

maybe you suck at teh interweb...

yarrrrrr

:pop::( Hadn't thought of that... sorry. :O

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 10:10 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99891
Looks like we dropped the ball :O

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 10:12 PM
oh, they find time. trust me
i have a 14 yo girl.
Ya mean an Ipod pawns Boys ?:cool:

OzarkSooner
9/19/2007, 10:22 PM
Man,

You should have just bought her a Nano (Smaller and cheaper version of the iPod) to begin with. Or even started her out on a iPod Shuffle for about $79.00. No way would I buy a 6 year old an iPod.

My 13 year old daughter dropped her cell phone in the pool and I let her go completely without one for about a month to teach her a lesson. (I finally bought her another one to give ME some relief...sheesh.)

Just my way of thinkin'

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 10:39 PM
Seriously. It's only two days old or so? Take it back to the Apple Store. Tell them you just got it and now it doesn't work. they will likely give you a brand new one without asking very many questions. A friend of mine had his in a pocket and dropped the damn thing in a public toilet. They took it back and gave him a new one without even blinking, and he had had the thing for probably six months already.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 10:45 PM

here's a good article:

iPods do have a handy dandy built in volume limiter though (that can be locked)

MamaMia
9/20/2007, 06:26 AM
Pools are for phones.

I hope the rice trick works. :)

soonernation
9/20/2007, 06:32 AM
iPods do have a handy dandy built in volume limiter though (that can be locked)

Thats good to know.

crawfish
9/20/2007, 08:55 AM
Yesterday, my son dropped his 2-week-old, $1200 laptop at school. When he called me, he said it wasn't turning on. I thought the worst, but when I got home it turns out that the backlight was just broken. Covered by warranty, a few days and it'll be fixed.

He learned a lesson without it costing anything. *whew*.