PDA

View Full Version : Women, I have a question for you

Jerk
9/19/2007, 06:21 PM
When I see a lady on the side of the road with a flat tire or broke-down engine, I just keep driving. Why? Because I'm thinking that she's thinking as I pull over in a truck 1) I'm either a pyscho 2) I'm a pervert 3) I'm a perverted psycho.

Moreover, I probably will come across as a sexist bigot because I didn't realize that girls can change tires, too. "You think I need help because I'm a girl?"

One time was different, or should have been. I saw a young girl, engine smoking, and she was balling. Just crying her head off. Problem was that was on the turnpike and going 80mph in a semi. By the time I thought to stop I was gone.

So, my question is...do you want a guy to be chivalrous when you have a flat or do we just keep going and let you handle it?

OUDoc
9/19/2007, 07:16 PM
"Neither is the correct answer. And we're pigs for asking."
That's my guess. :)

SoonerGirl06
9/19/2007, 07:22 PM
Pull over and offer help. Seriously.

I had a flat tire once and a gentleman pulled over and changed it so quickly. If it weren't for him I would probably still be pulled over trying to get the lug nuts off.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 07:25 PM
Pull over and offer help. Seriously.

I had a flat tire once and a gentleman pulled over and changed it so quickly. If it weren't for him I would probably still be pulled over trying to get that lugs nut off.
:eek:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 07:26 PM
When I see a lady on the side of the road with a flat tire or broke-down engine, I just keep driving. Why? Because I'm thinking that she's thinking as I pull over in a truck 1) I'm either a pyscho 2) I'm a pervert 3) I'm a perverted psycho.

Moreover, I probably will come across as a sexist bigot because I didn't realize that girls can change tires, too. "You think I need help because I'm a girl?"

One time was different, or should have been. I saw a young girl, engine smoking, and she was balling. Just crying her head off. Problem was that was on the turnpike and going 80mph in a semi. By the time I thought to stop I was gone.

So, my question is...do you want a guy to be chivalrous when you have a flat or do we just keep going and let you handle it?
Im guessing she would Be right on any/all of ur 3 choices :D

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 07:28 PM
I'm waiting to see how Sic'em responds.

SoonerGirl06
9/19/2007, 07:31 PM
I'm waiting to see how Sic'em responds.

Oh most definitely the one to listen to on this subject.

Jerk
9/19/2007, 07:33 PM
oh, I ain't pulling over for no dude. If a guy can't change a tire, then that is tough sh**

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 07:39 PM
I would've loved to have had some help changing a tire when I was pregnant - that was before cell phones were common...or the time when my daughter was a baby about 5 months old and my car overheated and no one stopped. i wouldn't have gotten in a car with anyone but i would've appreciated someone at least offering to call someone for me. but now, i have roadside assistance and a cell phone, so i'm content using those. I can change a tire by myself too.

leavingthezoo
9/19/2007, 07:39 PM

keep in mind, if she does respond like she's scared of you, she's probably scared period. just assure her you want to help, try to keep your head above boob level, and whatever you do don't pick your teeth with a toothpick, wink and say, "mmmmmmm... tasty."

and it's probably a bad idea to wipe the grunge off your hands with the scarf of your last victim. :D

seriously. i would be eternally grateful if someone pulled over to help me out in such a situation. truck or no truck.

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2007, 07:40 PM
Several years ago, I was driving home and in Waxahachie I see a guy with car trouble on the shoulder. His car had a Baylor parking decal, so I turned around and offered to help. Of course, neither of us knew what the hell we were doing so I gave him a ride into Dallas.

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 07:45 PM
what i really need is someone to change out my garbage disposal and help me change the AC filter above my stairs.

AlbqSooner
9/19/2007, 07:47 PM
Several years ago, I was driving home and in Waxahachie I see a guy with car trouble on the shoulder. His car had a Baylor parking decal, so I turned around and offered to help. Of course, neither of us knew what the hell we were doing so I gave him a ride into Dallas.
Many years ago my Mom got it through my thick head that just because I have a thought in my brain does not mean it needs to come out my mouth. This is also true for posting on the internet. :D

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 07:56 PM
oh, I ain't pulling over for no dude. If a guy can't change a tire, then that is tough sh**
This is SICEM ya know :twinkies:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 07:59 PM
what i really need is someone to change out my garbage disposal and help me change the AC filter above my stairs.
Got Natty ?
Ill do it then I can make up with Dolieo fer not showing up to fix his car :O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/19/2007, 08:02 PM
I just want someone to call *55 in case I haven't done it already. That's what I do for people. You know, Verna Stafford pretended she had car trouble and the Lorenz family got killed for trying to help.

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 08:06 PM
i got no natty, but they do sell it at the store :D

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 08:06 PM
I just want someone to call *55 in case I haven't done it already. That's what I do for people. You know, Verna Stafford pretended she had car trouble and the Lorenz family got killed for trying to help.
In all seriouness , Ill always Stop an offer assistance , or the use of a cell.
Ive done that since the years of the floor mounted Radio type s :cool:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 08:09 PM
i got no natty, but they do sell it at the store :D
Unless Doleo is To piszed at me he had a 24 er last week end Maybe I can get him Unmad at me ;)
Hows Sunday work ?
Cause Im plannin on going to SG06s party fer piszhead !:D
All I need is a driver :O

Veritas
9/19/2007, 08:59 PM
I asked my (extremely logical) wife and she said she'd be a bit suspicious of an 18 wheeler just because it takes so much more effort for them to come to a stop.

She also said that it would depend upon the time of day...night would be pretty scary.

My personal take on it is that helping stranded women is part of the code. Also, there are some psycho perverts out there and at least I'm not psycho.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:04 PM
I asked my (extremely logical) wife and she said she'd be a bit suspicious of an 18 wheeler just because it takes so much more effort for them to come to a stop.

She also said that it would depend upon the time of day...night would be pretty scary.

My personal take on it is that helping stranded women is part of the code. Also, there are some psycho perverts out there and at least I'm not psycho.
Im a psycho Perv , But I wont Hurt em .
It is ok to look aint it ?

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:05 PM
Unless Doleo is To piszed at me he had a 24 er last week end Maybe I can get him Unmad at me ;)
Hows Sunday work ?
Cause Im plannin on going to SG06s party fer piszhead !:D
All I need is a driver :O

sunday is no good...i have to go to a bridal shower

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:08 PM
sunday is no good...i have to go to a bridal shower
Have to be thurs , Or I watch the game at your shack then
Peem me .

Jerk
9/19/2007, 09:09 PM
Well, after reading this, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably not a good idea to stop. If they look like they really need help, then I will call *55

badger
9/19/2007, 09:11 PM
I'm a girl, and I say if somebody needs help that you can offer, whether they're male or female, you should help!

Now, perhaps you cannot help. In that case, let someone stop who can.

Veritas
9/19/2007, 09:11 PM
Well, after reading this, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably not a good idea to stop. If they look like they really need help, then I will call *55
I dunno Jerk, seriously. If my wife happened to be stuck on the side of the road I'd rather have somebody that's not going to harm her on the scene. If she gets a little scared initially, so be it.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:24 PM
I dunno Jerk, seriously. If my wife happened to be stuck on the side of the road I'd rather have somebody that's not going to harm her on the scene. If she gets a little scared initially, so be it.
You seen a Pic of ME ?
I skeered Phils Kid . But I would do My damndest to help anyone broke down .
True storey
Of which I have a ton .
I was driving From Elk City to RedOak , late one Nite , Ex # 1, 2 kids and hers sister Just this side of weatherford a Dudes car was side ways in to the GuardRail , Hes waving like an Idiot . Im thinking someones HURT :eek:
I pull Over and the Dude runs up and says he outta gas , ( pre Cell )
Ive Got MY family In the Car , I say Crawl in as Hes tryin to Move MY Great Dane over so he can sit down in the Back seat . Im pullin My Gun .
Had that sucker Pointed at him the whole way to the gas station .
He never knew it , I had it aimed under My right arm , Held in my left hand .
Any ways He got out got some gas and caught a ride back .
No harm No foul.
I helped him , And didn't take to much of a chance

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:25 PM
to RED OAK???!?!?!?!?!??!

i used to live there.

ChickSoonerFan
9/19/2007, 09:25 PM
I think stopping to help would be nice.

If she is locked up in her car with her windows up and waves you off, then she probably has help on the way and thinks you are psychotic perv.

Daylight is probably an ok time. Night would be a bit scary but so is sitting out there by yourself...and the big 18 wheeler might be a bit intimidating.

Brat is right, now days most people have cell phones, but stopping to check is still thoughtful.

Jerk
9/19/2007, 09:28 PM

Ah, it's just curiousity for me as to what is the proper thing to do. The reality is that the speed limits are set so high that, by the time I figure out what is going on, I'm a 1/4 mile down the road. That's before I've started to slow down. I got to thinking about this after I posted the question, remembering all the times I've seen people broke down on the shoulder, and the majority of the time I was at the next mile marker before I thought "I should have stopped."

My wife broke down up on I-35 near Guthrie last month and had the car parked on the white line. I lucked out because a co-worker was going through that area, stopped a loaded truck, got out and crossed 4 lanes, and pushed her off the road. Man, I was grateful for that. So I know what you're saying.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 09:28 PM
to RED OAK???!?!?!?!?!??!

i used to live there.
When ?
My kids uncles and aunts all live there !

soonerbrat
9/19/2007, 09:34 PM
When ?
My kids uncles and aunts all live there !

around 1980-82..i was 11-13

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/20/2007, 11:47 AM

Isn't this the way most gay pron starts? Not that I would know.:pop:

olevetonahill
9/20/2007, 12:48 PM
Isn't this the way most gay pron starts? Not that I would know.:pop:
Broke Back Baylor ?

TUSooner
9/20/2007, 12:51 PM
Many years ago my Mom got it through my thick head that just because I have a thought in my brain does not mean it needs to come out my mouth. This is also true for posting on the internet. :D
Well....
n/m

Hamhock
9/20/2007, 12:53 PM
I think stopping to help would be nice.

If she is locked up in her car with her windows up and waves you off, then she probably has help on the way and thinks you are psychotic perv.

Daylight is probably an ok time. Night would be a bit scary but so is sitting out there by yourself...and the big 18 wheeler might be a bit intimidating.

Brat is right, now days most people have cell phones, but stopping to check is still thoughtful.

this happened to me once. she was trying to break the lugs. by the time i stopped and got out, she had jumped in the car and locked the door. i just finished changing her tire for her. and drove off. she never even cracked the window.

she was scared ****less the entire time, but at least she was able to keep going.

Melo
9/20/2007, 02:00 PM
See, if something happens to me, I have a dad, boyfriend, an uncle, a grandfather and 2 male co-workers that would jump in the car to come take care of me. So I wouldnt be too worried about it.

But if something did happen, and someone pulled over to help, I sure as heck would keep distance and have my knife in hands reach in case the dude was up to some funny business.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:12 PM
See, if something happens to me, I have a dad, boyfriend, an uncle, a grandfather and 2 male co-workers that would jump in the car to come take care of me. So I wouldnt be too worried about it.

But if something did happen, and someone pulled over to help, I sure as heck would keep distance and have my knife in hands reach in case the dude was up to some funny business.

If I pulled over to help and some chick pulls a knife out I'd just say "change the damn tire yourself yainch, and you'd better put that knife away before somebody gets shot."

Seriously, you shouldn't have a knife around for personal protection. Unless you're Tonto or somebody.

Hamhock
9/20/2007, 02:24 PM
Seriously, you shouldn't have a knife around for personal protection..

double srsly.

no offense, but at your size, unless you've had a signficant amount of training, most men would make you eat that knife before you ever knew what happened.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2007, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty handy with a bowstaff.

Hamhock
9/20/2007, 02:34 PM
I'm pretty handy with a bowstaff.

that's disgusting.

Stoop Dawg
9/20/2007, 04:52 PM
I usually stop and help. If she wants to give a "Thank you" BJ it's okay, but completely optional.

olevetonahill
9/20/2007, 05:21 PM
Melo
Ill stop and help , Ya pull a Knife on me Im gonna LMFAO then ask How I can help .;)

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 05:59 PM
I got a great story about PG and a tow truck driver but I don't want to get kicked in da nuts.:D ;)

Melo
9/20/2007, 06:12 PM
I just meant I would make sure it was within easy reach, ie, pocket, and if helpful guy turned out to be abducting guy, I would try and surprise him with a knife in some sort of fleshy area in hopes that it would be enough of a distraction to get myself away. It doesnt hurt to let myself think it could help in the situation. Im paranoid about stuff like that.

SoonerGirl06
9/20/2007, 11:59 PM
Broke Back Baylor ?

That's absolutely hysterical!

:D :D :D :D

olevetonahill
9/21/2007, 12:12 AM
I just meant I would make sure it was within easy reach, ie, pocket, and if helpful guy turned out to be abducting guy, I would try and surprise him with a knife in some sort of fleshy area in hopes that it would be enough of a distraction to get myself away. It doesnt hurt to let myself think it could help in the situation. Im paranoid about stuff like that.
Just do a Nut Sack Rip . ;)
I really do understand But thats gonna get u hurt .
Most definatly keep the Blade hidden, Especially if you think ya gonna need it . When the the Perv closes in Then Stab his Junk :cool:

Melo
9/21/2007, 07:26 AM
Just do a Nut Sack Rip . ;)
I really do understand But thats gonna get u hurt .
Most definatly keep the Blade hidden, Especially if you think ya gonna need it . When the the Perv closes in Then Stab his Junk :cool:

Game plan.

C&CDean
9/21/2007, 09:12 AM
You stick the average perv with a knife and you're gonna get raped and killed by a bloody ****ed off perv.

If you're serious about personal protection, a short-barrelled .38 special is a good purse gun. Don't get an automatic, just a little .38 revolver. Leave the chamber in the cylinder under the hammer empty - in case you drop it or something. All you have to do to fire it is pull the trigger. Very safe, and I promise if you shoot him in the junk with the .38 he won't be raping/killing you any time soon.

OklahomaRed
9/21/2007, 04:28 PM
How big a knife is it? Pocket knives don't scare me. Had several of those pulled on me. Now some crazy chick pulls a bowie on me, I figure she isn't worth the effort and will walk away. I'm with Dean. Don't be waving knives around unless they are made of chocolate, or you're ready to use them; cause someone that's been there and done that, it's just going to pisz them off. I've stopped and helped ladies before. Most appreciate. Some just say they've already got someone coming. Usually I don't even get out of the car unless they say they want some help.

Veritas
9/21/2007, 08:29 PM
You stick the average perv with a knife and you're gonna get raped and killed by a bloody ****ed off perv.
What Dean said, for serious Melo.