PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help

birddog
9/19/2007, 01:37 PM
Ok. I am moving from colorado springs to okc. i rented a uhaul with insurance and by the time i loaded everything, my truck was past the return date. when i went to uhaul in co. springs to get my car attached to the uhaul, my truck was already past the return date. so i asked the uhaul people if i should pay for the extra days now or when i get to okc. the lady said pay when you get to okc. so the rental date for the contract was sept. 7. the return date was sept. 11. i didn't even get the trailer attached until the 13th.

so on my way to okc we decided to stop in hays, kansas for the night. i was going north on a two-lane hwy at 5-10 mph. i signaled to go left and as i was turning a car behind me tried to overtake my in the southbound lane. she clipped my driver side door and drove another 200 yards in a ditch.

so i go to the hospital and get treated and released.

here's where the fun begins. my insurance company won't cover me because the uhaul is excluded in my policy. the uhaul insurance won't cover me because my insurance apparently expired when i passed the return date (eventhough they were going to charge me for the late days when i got to okc.)

the police report is finished but i can't get any info. from them yet. so, i have an undriveable uhaul with all our crap loaded and uhaul won't give me another truck until the towing bill and impound bill are paid. we've been stuck here since friday and eventhough i'm sure she's at fault, i'm nervous about not being covered for insurance.

i'm thinking that uhaul should honor my insurance until i dropped the truck off in okc since i was aready late and the lady told me to pay the charges in okc?
thoughts? advice?

Hamhock
9/19/2007, 01:41 PM
i would start with a drinkable beer, then quickly switch to scotch.

StoopTroup
9/19/2007, 01:42 PM
You should have backed the truck into the lobby at the uhaul place IMO.

Turd_Ferguson
9/19/2007, 01:45 PM
Go down to the Sip n Spin on the South side of town and get trashed.

birddog
9/19/2007, 01:47 PM
always helpful.

Tiptonsooner
9/19/2007, 01:53 PM
You need an attorney...

Turd_Ferguson
9/19/2007, 02:02 PM
You need an attorney...
Concur

OUHOMER
9/19/2007, 04:15 PM
I would agree that Uhaul should honor the insurance while the truck is still in your care. You may have to get a lawyer... Plus I hope uhaul doesn't double your daily rate

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 04:30 PM
Dang. Definitely get some legal advice.

Hamhock
9/19/2007, 04:40 PM
Dang. Definitely get some legal advice.

:les: THAT'S WHAT HE'S DOING!!!

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 05:28 PM
:les: THAT'S WHAT HE'S DOING!!!
Thats what Im sayin !
Good luck BBQ

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 05:55 PM
Let me be the first to suggest that you get some legal advice.

birddog
9/19/2007, 09:04 PM
done. these uhaul jerks weren't doing anything to help us out at all. basically they were attacking me asking why the truck was late, my insurance expired because i was past the return date etc.

i still had the uhaul on the 14th. at the time i was there to get my car attached the uhaul employee said," oh, you're 3 days late." i said i know should i pay for the extra days now or when i get to okc. she said wait til i get to okc. then she made a comment on my contract that said "add 2 extra days." so, i see that as from the 14th i had 2 days to get to okc which our plan was to be there on saturday the 15th.

as far as i'm concerned, i should be insured til the truck is returned to the uhaul in okc if i was going to be responsible to pay the late days at that time.

i'm hoping to avoid a big mess. i'll get a lawyer in the morning. anyone have someone they use?