PDA

View Full Version : Profanity Useage

royalfan5
9/19/2007, 12:31 PM
On a regular level how much profanity do you use on a regular basis? I tend to use quite a bit, and much like former NU Coach Danny Nee combination profanity is my favorite. I don't swear at work or in front of one set of Grandparents, but other than that, it's quite frequent. How about the rest of you.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 12:34 PM
I talk like a Trucker, at least that is what my old lady thinks:pop:

GrapevineSooner
9/19/2007, 12:38 PM
I've curbed it down quite a bit at work lately.

Though, dealing with the idiot I've had to deal with today has caused me to want to go off on a string of four letter words at least 20 times today. In part because just about every user I've talked to acts like they just turned a computer on and just started using it today.

:mad:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 12:39 PM
Depends on how ****ing ****ed off at some ****er I am .

OUDoc
9/19/2007, 12:40 PM
A lot more since I became a doctor. You people are ****ing nuts.

:)

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 12:41 PM
I make Richard Pryor blush.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 12:42 PM
Depends on how ****ing ****ed off at Biznatcho I am, after peeing on my ****ing floor again .

just thought I'd fix that fer ya...YWIA:D

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 12:44 PM
Depends on the situation

Low Extreme: With baby nieces/nephews/cousins: 1/400 words

High Extreme: Watching Aggie football/basketball: 1/4 words

Norm: 1/25 words.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 12:49 PM
just thought I'd fix that fer ya...YWIA:D
The peeing on the Floor wasnt to Bad , Its when I let her out for about 30 minutes , Then let her back in, go around turning off lites and crawl into bed and The ****in ******,*******.******,******* has ****ed in MY ****in Bed .:mad:

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2007, 12:57 PM
All the time. I try to stay away from the "c" word, but everything else? Yeah.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 12:59 PM
The peeing on the Floor wasnt to Bad , Its when I let her out for about 30 minutes , Then let her back in, go around turning off lites and crawl into bed and The ****in ******,*******.******,******* has ****ed in MY ****in Bed .:mad:

see I told ya he swore more when it came to her:D

r5TPsooner
9/19/2007, 01:21 PM

Ahhh Yes.... the word that puts me in the doghouse with the wife the most.

Chuck Bao
9/19/2007, 01:31 PM
Never. The worstest Thai word is monitor lizard. I never say that word.

Newbomb Turk
9/19/2007, 01:32 PM
Norm: 1/25 words.

why do you hate Norm?

:norm:

r5TPsooner
9/19/2007, 01:37 PM
She love lizard long time.

StoopTroup
9/19/2007, 01:44 PM
What kind of stupid ****ing question is that to ask in a ****ing internet forum? ;)

Pricetag
9/19/2007, 01:55 PM
I don't swear at work or in front of one set of Grandparents, but other than that, it's quite frequent. How about the rest of you.
It's because your brain has an automatic cut off that keeps you from cussing in front of your grandparents.

I never cuss at work, and am shocked when I hear a co-worker or client do it. Extremely unprofessional, IMO.

About the only time I cuss now is when I do it on purpose--that is, when I'm so fired up that I actually select the word as the most appropriate way to express my feelings. In younger years, they were so ingrained in my vocabulary that I used them often without thinking about them.

One thing I'm trying to work on is getting GD out of my vocabulary altogether. It's my favorite thing to say when I really lose it. The thing is, I don't mean it literally--I have no concept of what it really means. I'm trying to substitute "son of a bitch" instead.

crawfish
9/19/2007, 02:12 PM
Hardly ever.

Veritas
9/19/2007, 02:16 PM
It's my worst habit and one that I can't break. Probably because I've been doing it since I was a little kid. I got my mouth washed out with soap for saying "dang," so bad parenting isn't to blame.

Seriously. I wish there was a patch for cursing.

IB4OU2
9/19/2007, 02:19 PM

There is, just apply to a closed mouth using duct tape.

1stTimeCaller
9/19/2007, 02:26 PM
I use GD way too much. It was a common phrase used around my house growing up. It was usually followed with my name, my mom's name or my brother's name.

I use the F word way too much. Being in the military, then construction and now the oil patch, it's a hard word to not use.

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2007, 02:30 PM
You know, GD is something I rarely say. I'll drop F bombs like crazy, but I'll almost never say GD. I'll generally say God Bless in its place. Just a habit I picked up in college when I was dating a girl that would get really offended by GD.

Scott D
9/19/2007, 02:33 PM

there is, but like most Microsoft products it's already been hacked.

JohnnyMack
9/19/2007, 02:34 PM
I've been told by my wife to stop singing "Uncle ****er" to my son.

IB4OU2
9/19/2007, 02:34 PM
Living close to LOSUrville I say ***king Idiot alot.

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 02:36 PM

Ahhh Yes.... the word that puts me in the doghouse with the wife the most.

Cornhole:confused:

M
9/19/2007, 02:36 PM
It usually comes and goes in waves. I won't cuss much for a few months, then a few months later I'll be cussing in full force. It's like my cussing is bipolar. Or kind of like a sine wave. Or something. Ok, I'll stop being a f*cking nerd now.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/19/2007, 02:47 PM
I never uttered an expletive until VK worked for me. I'm sure M can attest that she's a bad influence. ;)

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 03:06 PM
You know, GD is something I rarely say. I'll drop F bombs like crazy, but I'll almost never say GD. I'll generally say God Bless in its place. Just a habit I picked up in college when I was dating a girl that would get really offended by GD.

I just don't get that. I don't know why GD is so offensive, even if you ARE religious. I mean, for instance, I can understand getting really offended about a "Jesus *****-****ing Christ" or maybe the c and t words. But GD? It just doesn't seem like that one's nearly as far into the realms of offensive as a whole lot of other things youcould say.

Stoop Dawg
9/19/2007, 03:08 PM
I never cuss at work, and am shocked when I hear a co-worker or client do it. Extremely unprofessional, IMO.

About the only time I cuss now is when I do it on purpose--that is, when I'm so fired up that I actually select the word as the most appropriate way to express my feelings. In younger years, they were so ingrained in my vocabulary that I used them often without thinking about them.

Agree with Pricetag. I pretty much never curse unless I specifically intend to. Which isn't frequent, but not all that infrequent either.

royalfan5
9/19/2007, 03:08 PM
I just don't get that. I don't know why GD is so offensive, even if you ARE religious. I mean, for instance, I can understand getting really offended about a "Jesus *****-****ing Christ" or maybe the c and t words. But GD? It just doesn't seem like that one's nearly as far into the realms of offensive as a whole lot of other things youcould say.
I had a pastor when I was younger that had the theory that GD was okay because it was essentially a prayer.

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2007, 03:18 PM
I seriously don't at all.

On this site I actually type out "*" for a word that I don't use because I know everyone will figure it out.

You're welcome to throw stones if you think that makes me some kind of hypocrite. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
9/19/2007, 03:26 PM
I was a good boy til I got involved with the flying crowd...

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 03:27 PM
I was a good boy til I got involved with the flying crowd...

Crew Cheifs are worse than truckers...once your over that red line...no holds barred

Pricetag
9/19/2007, 03:40 PM
I just don't get that. I don't know why GD is so offensive, even if you ARE religious.
There's a commandment about it, so I figure no matter what form you use, it's pretty bad. I also contend, however, that if it wasn't a commandment, we wouldn't use it. I mean, how much sense does it take to turn someone's name into a curse word?

StuIsTheMan
9/19/2007, 03:44 PM
There's a commandment about it, so I figure no matter what form you use, it's pretty bad. I also contend, however, that if it wasn't a commandment, we wouldn't use it. I mean, how much sense does it take to turn someone's name into a curse word?

But PricetagDammit does'nt role off the tongue as well:D

crawfish
9/19/2007, 03:53 PM
I seriously don't at all.

On this site I actually type out "*" for a word that I don't use because I know everyone will figure it out.

You're welcome to throw stones if you think that makes me some kind of hypocrite. ;)

You're a ******* ******* *** *******.

And a hypocrite.

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 03:57 PM
I had a pastor when I was younger that had the theory that GD was okay because it was essentially a prayer.
So, in essence you're saying; "Please, God, condemn mine enemies and that jar of jelly that I can't open to hell"?

royalfan5
9/19/2007, 03:59 PM
So, in essence you're saying; "Please, God, condemn mine enemies and that jar of jelly that I can't open to hell"?
exactly.

Paperclip
9/19/2007, 04:00 PM
So, does hubler say "Joseph H. Smith" when he's really upset?

royalfan5
9/19/2007, 04:01 PM
So, does hubler say "Joseph H. Smith" when he's really upset?
or Brigham Young when he is mildly upset.

TUSooner
9/19/2007, 04:13 PM
Way more than I should. :( But I do it deliberately and carefully when I'm really mad, or maybe when I'm just frustrated, if nobody can hear me.

I hate the fact that MF and so many other obscentites are so common these days. They are used a fillers and they disgust and offend for no good reason. Nothing says "I'm a stupid, ignorant piece of ****ing **** like saying ****ing or mother-****ing after every other ****ing word.

And while I use an all-too occasional vulgarity, I tend to avoid blasphemy; if I say "God" or "Jesus" or "Christ" it's most likely NOT in anger or frustration. If something is ****ty, then say ****. No need to bring the Lord into it.

Stoop Dawg
9/19/2007, 04:27 PM

Right on.

In addition to the fact that it's simply bad form to damn someone to hell, I read that the early church didn't like for people to "pray" directly to God (I guess some religions still don't). So it's really a double sin: praying directly to God without a priest and wishing that someone would be "damned", all in one fell swoop. It's to be voided, for sure.

Pricetag
9/19/2007, 04:28 PM
Xenu dammit!

DrRube
9/19/2007, 04:44 PM
A lot more since I became a doctor. You people are ****ing nuts.

:)

True.

If I cross the profanity line at work, the staff knows they needs to hustle.

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 04:44 PM
*** ****it, how may times do I have to tell you ****ers that it’s “usage,” not “useage,” you silly-*** *******s?

Paperclip
9/19/2007, 04:46 PM
*** ****it, how may times do I have to tell you ****ers that it’s “usage,” not “useage,” you silly-*** *******s?

You touch your wife with those fingers?

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 04:57 PM
You touch your wife with those fingers?:( No... she's Jewish and doesn't believe in any form of physical contact after marriage.

BudSooner
9/19/2007, 05:01 PM
Not enough.

Chuck Bao
9/19/2007, 05:40 PM
I never use GD, EVAR. Maybe, it's religious or being supersitious. But, the thought of damning someone or something to hell for eternity seems like a too serious of a curse for like everyday swearing.

On the other hand, colorful languages are great. I remember that my first words I learned in Cantonese were **** your mother - Diew Nei Lo Mah. I asked my work colleagues what this meant and got a very rude response.

I always think that the flip side of cursing is giving thanks. Without that, it is just a bunch of funny words. Those that pray, aren't likely to swear to their god.

I don't evoke the gods in my curses, but I do say a silent prayer of thanks everyday when I return home safely.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 05:54 PM
True.

If I cross the profanity line at work, the staff knows they needs to hustle.

I thought the ladies didn't like it if your staff was in too much of a hustle...

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 05:56 PM
i cuss alot when i'm drinking

i don't really worry about it any place but work (or family)

the f bomb is banned here though...

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2007, 05:58 PM
I cuss a whole ****ing lot when watching the ****ty mother****ing Cubs choke away another ****ing victory; otherwise, i try not to that much but it occasionally slips out.

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2007, 05:59 PM
I still haven't gotten over 84, 89, and 2003 obviously. :)

Rogue
9/19/2007, 06:28 PM
There's just no adequate substitute for so many "cuss words."

One of my former instructors, a psychologist, told me that he makes it a point to drop the f-bomb in the first 5 minutes of meeting a new patient thereby giving them permission to use whatever language they choose.

I know some of the more uptight folks wouldn't go see him again if he did that. I have no kids in my daily life, work with the mentally ill every day, and cussing is a normal part or discourse. I remember a couple years ago one of our docs was tired of being verbally abused and wanted to write a policy forbidding patients (veterans) from cussing. I laughed and explained the difference between saying a bad word and verbally abusing an employee. It'd be like forbidding the wind from blowing on Tuesdays between noon and 3 PM.

critical_phil
9/19/2007, 06:37 PM
I remember that my first words I learned in Cantonese were **** your mother - Diew Nei Lo Mah.

is there any way you can post the chinese words for ********* (as in bag of ******) and **** (as in **** ant)?

that'd make my life easier. kthnx.

and i rarely curse except on this board. if i do, it's usually for a good reason.

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2007, 06:41 PM
There's just no adequate substitute for so many "cuss words."
for a lot of people there is no adequate substitue for "uhhh"

FirstandGoal
9/19/2007, 09:05 PM
After reading this thread I realize that I don't cuss nearly as much as some of you and a lot more than others. Like SAS, I usually only cuss on purpose and for great effect [my kids can relate to this], but most of the time, I keep it low profile because I like having a large vocabulary. Getting stuck in a routine of using the same words in a given situation is boring.

sanantoniosooner
9/19/2007, 09:38 PM
Like SAS, I usually only cuss on purpose and for great effect
I think you misread my post ****er;)

olevetonahill
9/20/2007, 12:03 AM
:( No... she's Female and doesn't believe in any form of physical contact after marriage.

I feel ur Pain bro :mad:

olevetonahill
9/20/2007, 12:07 AM
for a lot of people there is no adequate substitue for "uhhh"
Rouge is talking about ****ed up Vets ! so Back the **** up befor I **** your face up . :pop:

sanantoniosooner
9/20/2007, 06:56 AM
**** off, dip**** ;)

OUDoc
9/20/2007, 08:39 AM
After reading this thread I realize that I don't cuss nearly as much as some of you and a lot more than others. Like SAS, I usually only cuss on purpose and for great effect [my kids can relate to this], but most of the time, I keep it low profile because I like having a large vocabulary. Getting stuck in a routine of using the same words in a given situation is boring.
Yeah, I'm a pretty eloquent mother****er, too.