PDA

View Full Version : Cumputer Geeks a ?

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 10:51 AM
My buddy has just got his puter up and working
Yahoo mail ?
He sent me an E-mail . I replyed . He recieves the E-mail . But theres Nothing in the Body . Not even his original . WTF ?
help

IB4OU2
9/19/2007, 11:03 AM
My buddy has just got his puter up and working
Yahoo mail ?
He sent me an E-mail . I replyed . He recieves the E-mail . But theres Nothing in the Body . Not even his original . WTF ?
help

Maybe it don't have enuff mammory.

sooner_born_1960
9/19/2007, 11:05 AM
Did it send as an attachment?

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 11:27 AM
Vet, you’re describing two issues: (1) there was nothing in the body of your reply when your friend received it, and (b) his original message wasn’t included in your reply.

For issue (1), I’m stumped… if you actually typed something into your reply, it should have appeared on your friend’s screen. If your reply was in the form of an attachment, there ought to be a link in the e-mail that your friend can click to see the attachment.

For issue (2), that might be a function of how you have set up your Yahoo! Mail preferences. On the main mail screen is a link at the upper right titled “Options.” If you click that link, you get a screen that allows you to change your mail options, including a link to “General Preferences.” The General Preferences page contains a section called “Message Actions.” In the “replying” section of Message Actions, you have the option to include all, part, or none of the original message in your replies. Be sure you have selected the “include full message when replying” option (assuming, of course, that’s what you want the mail program to do).

Hope this helps.

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 11:28 AM
Did it send as an attachment?
He can send ME an e-mail. I forwarded one with an attachment , No copy but the attachment worked . I tried another and Nuttin.
I had him try to Reply , Nothing , Try Forward nothin .
I aint gotta clue and Me trying to help hom is Worse than Blind leadin the Blind :O

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 11:42 AM
There's a gremlin inside his monitor. Tell him to use a hammer to let it out. ;)

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 12:36 PM
By Gawd Im awesome
Got him Fixed right up .
Had to walk him thru the tools , internet options, He had to delete Cookies, temp files and clear history , No clue Why , but it worked
Thanks for all the smart, and smartass answers !:D

OCUDad
9/19/2007, 12:41 PM
Aha! He probably had a cookie set on his machine that says "erase all messages from olevet before they arrive." Now you've screwed him up forever. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
9/19/2007, 12:45 PM
Aha! He probably had a cookie set on his machine that says "erase all messages from olevet before they arrive." Now you've screwed him up forever. :rolleyes:
I was just trying to send him Links to religious sites ;)

BudSooner
9/19/2007, 04:47 PM
Did he flush the ****ter before he sent the mail??