PDA

View Full Version : OKlahoma Vs. Utah State highlights (finally)

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 02:20 AM
Oklahoma Vs. Utah State (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUu6sEy-DMs)

Sorry it took so long, but I couldn't record the game until it re-aired on FSNSW, so my apologies. I heard the song in the video at the game and it sounded good, so I went with it. Hope you guys like it. Peaaaace! Hook em

birddog
9/19/2007, 02:29 AM
good for us! thanks, dude.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 09:25 AM
no prob man! i hope we get some big hits in tulsa and score some mean points. they make the best vids.

85sooners
9/19/2007, 09:34 AM
nice job

OUrules
9/19/2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet....I can't even get FSN here on cable so it was nice to see the highlights.....

rondog79
9/19/2007, 10:39 AM
u da man!!!

snp
9/19/2007, 10:55 AM
Great job.

Weatherdemon
9/19/2007, 11:02 AM
Here are some highlights of the TU BYU game in case anyone missed it.

TU BYU Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGQZpFB7EY)

JohnnyMack
9/19/2007, 11:18 AM

You forgot to include the highlight of your ole defense. You know, the one that gave up 700 yards and almost 50 points.

Weatherdemon
9/19/2007, 11:22 AM
You forgot to include the highlight of your ole defense. You know, the one that gave up 700 yards and almost 50 points.

I thought the 2 int's, 2 fumbles, and 3 big azz hits were defensive highlights.
Man, just when you think you understand the game... Sorry.

snp
9/19/2007, 11:24 AM

Not when you give up 700 yards and almost 50 points.

JohnnyMack
9/19/2007, 11:25 AM

YOU GAVE UP 700 YARDS AND ALMOST 50 POINTS.

douxpaysan
9/19/2007, 11:39 AM
YOU GAVE UP 700 YARDS AND ALMOST 50 POINTS.
Hey man, these tulsa golden hurricanes don't need to be shouted at. Just check out their SAT scores for the academic smak...uh just type slower.:hot:

Weatherdemon
9/19/2007, 11:46 AM
I know a good eye doctor if you need one cause DAMN you need some glasses if you have use a 72 font.

I didn't realize you couldn't have defensive highlights if you won a game but still gave up a lot yards and points.
Man o man, This whole football smarts thing has gotten me into quite a pickle.

You are correct. The defense gave up a ton of yards and points.
The second quarter special teams miscues killed Tulsa and allowed BYU a short field on 3 straight possession. BYU had starting field positions at the Tulsa 36, 42, and their own 43 in route to their 27 point 2nd quarter.

For TU to keep this close at all they need to:

1) Correct special teams mistakes. The kick-off coverage was very poor. According to Graham in the first half, due to the kicker(I thought you had to be smart to go to TU) kicking opposite of what the coverage called for. IE kicking left when coverage right was called. 14 points by BYU were a result of starting on Tulsa's side of the field. The kickers tried to redeem themselves by making 4 tackles but there was no redemption in that. It just kept them on the team.

2) Be able to adjust the defense before halftime.
The Tulsa defense has allowed 44 first half points and 13 seconds half points in two games. Graham's defenses are also notorious for giving up a lot of yards, primarily between the 20's. Typically they bend to that point then snap back into place vs breaking.

3) Do a better job running than was done vs BYU.
Tulsa's WR blew by BYU's DB's all night long but Tulsa was still only able to muster 105 yards on the ground. OU will play dime all day and shut down the pass if Tulsa can't do better running the ball.

Weatherdemon
9/19/2007, 11:48 AM
Hey man, these tulsa golden hurricanes don't need to be shouted at. Just check out their SAT scores for the academic smak...uh just type slower.:hot:

Easy there killa.

OU is the #1 academic state school.
Not the #1 academic school in the state.

deweydw
9/19/2007, 12:54 PM
Nice video. Impressive to see Sam as one of the lead blockers on some of the plays. Not sure that's a good thing though. Risking injury. JMO.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 01:05 PM
thanks man. but yeah, good thing about backup qbs this year is that they wont be wide receivers, but not that that hurt us or anything. yeah though, stay healthy sammy.

Shooterms
9/19/2007, 03:56 PM
If you wanna check out some still photos from the game you can go HERE. (http://www.photoshelter.com/gallery-show/G00008DnIqA3SMm0)

I cannot sell them, as they are for editorial use only, but feel free to scroll through them.

mhackl
9/19/2007, 04:11 PM
Thnx for both of the vids fellas.

I'm a Sooner fan in Tulsa, and I'm excited about TU's prospects. No need for smack with this opponent, they've pretty decent fans in my opinion. I'll be at the game Friday night, see you there.

Boomer Sooner!!

Oh...by the way.....
I heard that Execuive Jets is giving away a trip to the BIG XII championship game via private jet. Register at the block party prior to the game.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 09:14 PM
executive jets?

birddog
9/19/2007, 10:46 PM
you've got to use sick sick sick from queens of the stone age, jeff.

that would rock.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/20/2007, 11:45 AM
hmm i dont think i've heard that song i'll have to download it later. thanks for the suggestion though man.

sharonervin
9/20/2007, 11:54 AM
National Championship OU teams appeared to have one thing in common: The defense scored at least once in almost every game.

The 2007 Sooner defense has scored in all three opening games. I think that statistic is significant.

Shirty

Mazeppa
9/20/2007, 12:22 PM
Good video, and a lot better with the volume turned off. that music didn't fit in a good way. just sayin'

Okieflyer
9/20/2007, 01:16 PM
Can we get a "yes!" or a "N/a" out of Sooner-jackman (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=51978)?

birddog
9/20/2007, 01:30 PM
yes. i think?:confused:

mrjeffmaxwell
9/20/2007, 03:21 PM
sooner-jackman?

ocsooner
9/20/2007, 04:44 PM
At the 2:11 mark on that video, Malcom Kelly makes an incredible catch - down on his knees and about as far away from his body as you can get on. Don't know if I can be more impressed with that catch or the way Bradford threaded that ball away from the defender.

Seems like you can get the ball anywhere within 5 yards of Kelly, and he will come up with it.

Simply amazing!

olevetonahill
9/20/2007, 05:47 PM

I didnt watch the game and this is the 1st Ive heard
Did Yall really give up 700 Yrds ? :eek:
And In MHO you if you did give up that many , then Hang yer hat on all 4 ot the Great Defensive plays !