PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach takes a shot at OSU

SoonerObsession
9/18/2007, 10:52 PM
Gotta love it! In TTech's press conference today Mike Leach said he's looking forward to seeing how his defense can measure up against "the greatest offense in the world". Even Graham Harrold mentioned them in that way. Sucks to be a Cowboy!

CatfishSooner
9/18/2007, 10:53 PM
haha...Leach is great

SOONER STEAKER
9/18/2007, 11:03 PM
I'd like to see the best offense in world as well. Have you seen it yet? IT SUCKS!!

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 11:06 PM
Leach has the greatest press conferences in the world.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 11:08 PM
Mike Leach is my hero.

aurorasooner
9/18/2007, 11:11 PM
Mike Leach on playing the Tech/OSU game in Dallas.
Texas Tech coach Mike Leach: “I have an opinion on about everything in the world, right or wrong. This is something I really don’t have an opinion on. The best place to play this game, if Oklahoma State Cowboy fans could jump on board, is to play it every year in Lubbock.:stunned:

Soonerus
9/18/2007, 11:13 PM
I think he is a little glib and confrontational...

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 11:14 PM
Mike Leach on playing the Tech/OSU game in Dallas.

He is a funny, funny sumbitch. He's like Steve Spurrier but not.

Ash
9/18/2007, 11:25 PM
He is a funny, funny sumbitch. He's like Steve Spurrier but not.

Maybe you were thinking:
Like Spurrier...but funny?

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 11:58 PM
I was thinking he's like a drunk Dennis Miller with a 5th grade vocabulary and a sense of irony to rival George Carlin.

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 12:00 AM
Any bets on if pretend pirates can beat honest-to-god sheep rapers?

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2007, 12:06 AM
As long as none of the pirates have wool coats, Tech is an easy win!

My Opinion Matters
9/19/2007, 08:36 AM
I think he is a little glib and confrontational...

Ironic.

85sooners
9/19/2007, 08:49 AM
leach is hilarious

Mac94
9/19/2007, 08:55 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070918/od_nm/pirates1_dc

Arrrrrrgh .... Leach needs a press conference today! This must be the greatest day of the year for th' ol Swashbuckl'n wanna be! ;)

Grimey
9/19/2007, 09:15 AM
the greatest offense in the world

more like 3rd best offense in the state of Oklahoma.

Actually I dunno, maybe UCO has a better offense. I know Tulsa Union probably does.

Boarder
9/19/2007, 09:27 AM
You could tell Leach and Harrell were trying not to laugh when they said it. I, on the other hand, laughed out loud for several minutes.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 09:59 AM
all i know is some texas coach is blastin some oklahoma coach who is actually an oklahoman and you guys are backing it up. boo.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 09:59 AM
well, to each his own!

ruf/nekdad
9/19/2007, 10:00 AM

Arrrrrrgh .... Leach needs a press conference today! This must be the greatest day of the year for th' ol Swashbuckl'n wanna be! ;)

Shiver me timbers matey. Spec to ya.

sooneron
9/19/2007, 10:02 AM
all i know is some texas coach is blastin some oklahoma coach who is actually an oklahoman and you guys are backing it up. boo.
Here's a quarter, go buy yourself a sense of humor.

IB4OU2
9/19/2007, 10:19 AM

Are aggot coaches Oklahoman? well shiver me timber.....

mhackl
9/19/2007, 10:22 AM

Yep, When you have "The Worlds Greatest Offense" all bets are off!

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 10:25 AM
I'm just glad that Mike Leach has joined the rest of us who won't ever let Aggy forget this:

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/ads1/24432.jpg

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 10:40 AM

Mike Leach is from California. And he coached at OU, so that alone means Mike Leach >>>>> any OSU coach ever.

MextheBulldog
9/19/2007, 10:47 AM
Arrrrrrr.....me thinks the fake pirates will capture some buried treasure from stoolwater this weekend...Happy TLAPD!

mdklatt
9/19/2007, 10:57 AM
buried treasure from stoolwater

That's a truly disturbing image. :eek:

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 11:31 AM
Mike Leach should talk less **** when he hasn't won there in 6 years.

CincySooner
9/19/2007, 11:39 AM

The same could be said about Aggys since their team has won even less in 6 years.

kevpks
9/19/2007, 11:41 AM

He has won a lot more than OSU. While I'll admit that beating OSU is not a big deal, I think he can talk smack about them as much as he wants to. Plus he is only using OSU's term for their offense. They are called "the greatest offense in world" right?

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 11:41 AM
The same could be said about Aggys since their team has won even less in 6 years.

And you'd be referring to what, exactly?

Jimminy Crimson
9/19/2007, 12:27 PM

You serious, Clark?

OUmillenium
9/19/2007, 12:29 PM

Shiver me timbers! Ye beat me to the punch, matey.

CtheB
9/19/2007, 12:41 PM
If you have Mike Leach, who is constantly promoting his system and the players that run it to gain national attention, bringing his team to play OSU, who has gone on record saying they have the best offense in football, for some reason I believe....

....things could get REALLY REALLY ugly if OSU does not come to play.

Seamus
9/19/2007, 12:42 PM
Here's a quarter, go buy yourself a sense of humor.

Dunno, he looks a little bereft in the humor department. Might need a buck. :texan:

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 12:46 PM
And you'd be referring to what, exactly?

I'll answer that one for Chris.

According to the school websites, Mike Leach is 56-34 at Tech, 49-28 over the last 6 years. He has gone to a bowl game every year, including, in descending order of prominence, Cotton, Holiday, Alamo, Tangerine, Insight, and Houston Bowl twice. Leach is 5-2 vs. Aggy, 4-2 in the last six years.

Aggy, on the other hand, is on its third coach in the last 6 years, and has a record of 42-42 in the 7 years Leach has been at Tech. During the Leach years, Aggy has failed to qualify for a bowl three times, and has gone to the Cotton, Alamo, Independence, and Houston.

If I hadn't heard very differently from the Aggy Hype Machine about Most Powerful Offenses and Best Facilities (Bar None!) in the Nation, I would think that perhaps Aggy should set its sights on becoming Tech. After all, they already have a successful coach and a renovated stadium. And they don't end up fighting Baylor for last in the South most years. Aspire, Aggy, aspire.

r5TPsooner
9/19/2007, 12:47 PM
Mike strikes me as a beer drinking sorta guy.

No way he drinks whiskey.

CincySooner
9/19/2007, 12:52 PM

According to the school websites, Mike Leach is 56-34 at Tech, 49-28 over the last 6 years. He has gone to a bowl game every year, including, in descending order of prominence, Cotton, Holiday, Alamo, Tangerine, Insight, and Houston Bowl twice. Leach is 5-2 vs. Aggy, 4-2 in the last six years.

Aggy, on the other hand, is on its third coach in the last 6 years, and has a record of 42-42 in the 7 years Leach has been at Tech. During the Leach years, Aggy has failed to qualify for a bowl three times, and has gone to the Cotton, Alamo, Independence, and Houston.

If I hadn't heard very differently from the Aggy Hype Machine about Most Powerful Offenses and Best Facilities (Bar None!) in the Nation, I would think that perhaps Aggy should set its sights on becoming Tech. After all, they already have a successful coach and a renovated stadium. And they don't end up fighting Baylor for last in the South most years. Aspire, Aggy, aspire.

:les: WHAT HE SAID AGGY!!!!

I was too lazy to look up the records

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 01:06 PM

Good for him.

He's 1-2 in Stillwater and hasn't won there since 2001. That was what my post was in reference to.

3rd coach in 6 years?

Miles, Gundy............................................. .................................................. ..............................

I'm having trouble coming up with the 3rd one.

So Tech has been to 6 mediocre bowls and 1 prominent bowl in Leach's tenure, while OSU has gone to 3 mediocre bowls and 1 prominent bowl over the same time period. Got it.

Yes, their stadium is so renovated that they just announced plans to renovate it again - and it will only take them 25 years to get it done.

Tech has been (without question) the most consistent program since the formation of the Big XII. That's good. They'll be hard-pressed to go beyond what they've accomplished.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/19/2007, 01:07 PM
oh, mike leach was a sooner? okay, sorry. also, i have never seen that 30k challenge. that is hilarious.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 01:17 PM
what I think is sad is OSU forced Gundy on Miles, and Miles often over rode Gundy. So in funny sort of "it could only happen to OSU" ways they set this whole thing in motion.

Get a good coach, saddlebag him with a not so good OC (cause he played football here), run off good coach, promote bad coach=team on the rise.

sooneron
9/19/2007, 01:17 PM
3rd coach in 6 years?

Miles, Gundy............................................. .................................................. ..............................

c'mon now nitpicker, you know he was referring to seasons. Leach's first season at tech - Simmons' last season at stoolwater.

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 01:23 PM
c'mon now nitpicker, you know he was referring to seasons. Leach's first season at tech - Simmons' last season at stoolwater.

:les: NITPICKER?!?! Is that racist?

That's fine, but my original post had nothing to do with OSU's overall success since Leach left Norman. It was that Leach has gone in talking **** every time he's played in Stillwater and he's lost 2/3 of the time.

sooneron
9/19/2007, 01:30 PM

That's fine, but my original post had nothing to do with OSU's overall success since Leach left Norman. It was that Leach has gone in talking **** every time he's played in Stillwater and he's lost 2/3 of the time.
Meh, he's still 5-2 against you.

And I am a racist.

against orange

Hamhock
9/19/2007, 01:31 PM
I'm just glad that Mike Leach has joined the rest of us who won't ever let Aggy forget this:

is this for real? i thought it was a fark.

seriously, someone associated with the OSU program published this?

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 02:03 PM

dude give it up, this is what makes Aggies Aggie. Leach has a winning record against OSU and you're trying like hell to spin a positive.

Your pistols are firing blanks.

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 02:05 PM
Good for him.

He's 1-2 in Stillwater and hasn't won there since 2001. That was what my post was in reference to.

Or in Aggy/OU parlance, "We've won TWO of the last seven!!"

3rd coach in 6 years?

My bad. I meant 7 years, or since Leach took over at Tech. My point being, Tech has a winning program and a winning coach, while you, Aggy, do not.

So Tech has been to 6 mediocre bowls and 1 prominent bowl in Leach's tenure, while OSU has gone to 3 mediocre bowls and 1 prominent bowl over the same time period. Got it.

Texas, which has turned down the Cotton Bowl for the Holiday, might dispute your characterization of the Holiday Bowl as mediocre. The question is, why would any non-BCS game be viewed as "prominent" in the first place? The answer is, money. The Big 12 rates the Cotton, Holiday, and Alamo as 1, 2, and 3 in order of payout.The rest of the Big 12 bowls pay bupkis.

While not being one of the 56 teams invited to a bowl game is par for the course to Aggy, most teams want to be on that list. I'll let you in on a little secret: I think most Aggy want to go to a bowl every year also, if the chest-beating that followed Aggy's Shreveport victory is any indication.

Yes, their stadium is so renovated that they just announced plans to renovate it again - and it will only take them 25 years to get it done.

I realize that this is a tough concept for Aggy, but most teams try to renovate more often than every 75 years.

Tech has been (without question) the most consistent program since the formation of the Big XII. That's good. They'll be hard-pressed to go beyond what they've accomplished.

Tech has been far more successful than Aggy. Your insinuation is that, while Tech has no chance to do better, Aggy does. You'll be hard pressed to find anybody outside Stoolwater that thinks the same. By the looks of the Aggy boards this week, you might be hard pressed to find anybody IN Stoolwater that thinks the same.

Landthief 1972
9/19/2007, 02:21 PM

Now, now... slapping a coat of rustoleum every 5 years since the beginning of the era of modern football on those bleachers at Lewis field could hardly be called a "renovation," so I'd say Tech is keeping up just find with the Nose Pickers (although I'm sure Leach is very jealous that his players aren't forced to run out of a cattle guard for each game like a herd of beat-up Angus inflicted with hoof-and-mouth disease).

Mac94
9/19/2007, 02:26 PM
OSUAggie -

Leach is just being Leach .... and considering the offensive hype oSu had going into 2007 and considering the total flop it has been this season AND considering Leach and his offensive system has been putting up great numbers for years and years ... well, he has a point in his little quip. The man knows offensive football.

Also, he is 5-2 against oSu ... he owns ya'lls backside like he owns ours (A&M's). It sucks to have to say it ... but the series numbers don't lie.

And, don't think that Harrell and Crabtree and Leach aren't taking this "greatest offense in the world" stuff to heart ... I'd bet they are looking to light up the scoreboard bigtime. Ya'lls key hope is the Tech ain't "all that" on defense either.

It'll be an interesting game.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 02:36 PM
another thing why do the aggies constantly brag about Pickens money.

Even with that ginormous donation, they failed to realize they brought in less money than OU.

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 02:54 PM
OSUAggie -

Leach is just being Leach .... and considering the offensive hype oSu had going into 2007 and considering the total flop it has been this season AND considering Leach and his offensive system has been putting up great numbers for years and years ... well, he has a point in his little quip. The man knows offensive football.

Also, he is 5-2 against oSu ... he owns ya'lls backside like he owns ours (A&M's). It sucks to have to say it ... but the series numbers don't lie.

And, don't think that Harrell and Crabtree and Leach aren't taking this "greatest offense in the world" stuff to heart ... I'd bet they are looking to light up the scoreboard bigtime. Ya'lls key hope is the Tech ain't "all that" on defense either.

It'll be an interesting game.

I know what Leach is doing.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Leach.

And he doesn't 'own' OSU in Stillwater like he 'owns' A&M in College Station. He's won his last 2 in College Station. He's lost his last 2 in Stillwater.

I'm well aware that Texas Tech has performed much better than Oklahoma State over the past 15 years. I'm well aware that Tech is currently a better program. I'm also aware that we've typically played well against Tech at home.

Answer me this, Sooners: If Leach is so god damn great and his teams are so vastly superior to anything OSU produces, why has he lost the last couple of times he's been to Stillwater?

XingTheRubicon
9/19/2007, 03:00 PM
because he's won the other 5 times

Boarder
9/19/2007, 03:00 PM
Same reason OU managed to lose one. Strange, bizzaro circumstances that can't be explained with mere words.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 03:02 PM
Answer me this, Sooners: If Leach is so god damn great and his teams are so vastly superior to anything OSU produces, why has he lost the last couple of times he's been to Stillwater?

because you have the greatest facilities, and the world's greatest offense and he get's scared when he plays in front 30,000 adults dressed in Orange.

Ash
9/19/2007, 03:04 PM

Because sometimes a sheep-humper can beat a pirate.:twinkies:

Petro-Sooner
9/19/2007, 03:04 PM
Is this game on tv? Time?

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 03:05 PM
2:30 FSSW

tnraider1
9/19/2007, 03:05 PM

Something about the Sun and a dogs *** comes to mind.

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 03:07 PM
I didn't think the sun and the dog's *** were supposed to align more often than not. Kinda takes the way the whole idea of it being an anomaly.

Mac94
9/19/2007, 03:08 PM
He's won his last 2 in College Station.

No he hasn't ... Tech lost in 2004. Leach is 2-2 in College Station, losing in 2000 and 2004 and winning in 2002 and 2006.

And it isn't a far stretch to say he'll be 2-2 in Stillwater come Saturday night.

He owns both our teams in the black hole known as Lubbock and those games count, too. He is 5-2 against you all and he is 5-2 against Texas A&M while at Tech.

If you want respect earn it .... if the Cowboys have issue with what he said beat 'em on the field.

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 03:14 PM
No he hasn't ... Tech lost in 2004. Leach is 2-2 in College Station, losing in 2000 and 2004 and winning in 2002 and 2006.

My mistake, memory's fading.

I don't really think it's about 'respect', because I don't expect anyone to respect the accomplishments (or lackthereof) of the Oklahoma State program. I don't even know what that means. Hearing other people constantly pat someone on the back for being a solid program doesn't really dictate the results on the field.

I guess I'm just sick of people taking the ****ing Spring Game banner and running with it. I'll shut the **** up now.

r5TPsooner
9/19/2007, 03:20 PM
My mistake, memory's fading.

I don't really think it's about 'respect', because I don't expect anyone to respect the accomplishments (or lackthereof) of the Oklahoma State program. I don't even know what that means. Hearing other people constantly pat someone on the back for being a solid program doesn't really dictate the results on the field.

I guess I'm just sick of people taking the ****ing Spring Game banner and running with it. I'll shut the **** up now.

I agree with you on all of your points but Gundy, as the HC, should have pulled out his veto hammer when they thought that thing up.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 03:20 PM

And it isn't a far stretch to say he'll be 2-2 in Stillwater come Saturday night.

He owns both our teams in the black hole known as Lubbock and those games count, too. He is 5-2 against you all and he is 5-2 against Texas A&M while at Tech.

If you want respect earn it .... if the Cowboys have issue with what he said beat 'em on the field.

Mac94, these guys still don't understand that having a huge portion of the state that attended neither OU or OSU, these people root for OSU. Well OSU fans think that is good for them. They don't realize it's quite the opposite. It means with no bias just about everyone's going to root for the better school. It means the only people who are fans of theirs are forced to be because they went to school there. I've never met a fan base who is so obsessed with two wins. They also think since they are finally getting some facilities that the majors have already had for a while, instead of seeing this as catching up or getting in the game late, that they are slingshotting past everyone.

Boarder
9/19/2007, 03:21 PM
I guess I'm just sick of people taking the Spring Game banner and running with it.

Yeah, you and the other osu fan should be calling for that marketing guy's head. That was about the dumbest thing possible to do.

And dropping it would be a good idea. It's not so smart to call Leach out for losing two at osu when he's won the other 5 times they've played. That's very...well...aggyish.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 03:24 PM
And dropping it would be a good idea. It's not so smart to call Leach out for losing two at osu when he's won the other 5 times they've played. That's very...well...aggyish.

I think there's only one person that does not get that.

Mac94
9/19/2007, 03:25 PM

Yes and no ... ya'll and our program are somewhat in the same boat .... we're running behind Texas and Oklahoma in this little thing called the Big-12 South. They are the "big boys" and we, along with Tech, battle it out for 3rd thru 5th. That is the way it is .... but not the way it has to be.

Let's use the clearest example of this fro decades ago .... Miami. In 1980 Miami was a no name school that thought of dropping football. No one cared about Miami .... they were one of the ultimate "have nots" in college football .... especially compared to the Oklahoma's, Alabama's, and USC's of the world.

So, what did they do ... they got the right coach and started getting the right players from their own backyard and played anyone at anytime .... and they began to win. And in winning it helped get more impact players and more attention which begat better players and more wins. Beating the Cane's in 1980 or so was no big deal .... a few short years latter it became a VERY BIG deal. They started to win and it snowballed. Winning begets "respect," from the media, fans, and recruits.

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 03:27 PM

Here's a little extra Castor Oil to help with that:

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 03:28 PM
can someone fark the How Orange are you to how stupid are you?

Boarder
9/19/2007, 03:31 PM
NOT TO MENTION IT WAS ALL TO GET PEOPLE TO COME TO A SPRING GAME!

shakes head

Mac94
9/19/2007, 03:32 PM
As for the banner .... it really isn't bad outside of the "greatest offense in the world" quip. That was destimed to be used against you all.

It reminds me of the old Houston Cougars in the late 1980's in the SWC when they started marketing their "run and shoot" offense as the "greatest show on turf."

Otherwise, getting fans into the program isn't a bad thing .... and al the selling points on there are fine ... outside of setting the program up for a fall on that last line.

silverwheels
9/19/2007, 03:33 PM
Mike Leach is hilarious, but does he really need to take shots at OSU? They practically make fun of themselves.

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 03:35 PM
As for the banner .... it really isn't bad outside of the "greatest offense in the world" quip. That was destimed to be used against you all.

It reminds me of the old Houston Cougars in the late 1980's in the SWC when they started marketing their "run and shoot" offense as the "greatest show on turf."

Otherwise, getting fans into the program isn't a bad thing .... and al the selling points on there are fine ... outside of setting the program up for a fall on that last line.

Well, there you have it. AggyLite's marketing officially endorsed by AggyClassic.

OSUAggie
9/19/2007, 03:37 PM

'Cept Houston went out and got them a Heisman out of it.

Mac94
9/19/2007, 03:42 PM
Mike -

And what's the big deal about it apart form the goofy comment about the offense? It's just something to sell the program .... a program that is trying to compete in the shadow of a much more successful in state rival. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with trying to sell a program and generate some excitement. Just don't go out and put material that will be pasted in every teams locker in the promotion.

usmc-sooner
9/19/2007, 03:54 PM
Mike -

And what's the big deal about it apart form the goofy comment about the offense? It's just something to sell the program .... a program that is trying to compete in the shadow of a much more successful in state rival. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with trying to sell a program and generate some excitement. Just don't go out and put material that will be pasted in every teams locker in the promotion.

it's not like this is the first bad idea to come from them.

they used to post this one stupid sign up, that said the Oklahoma State University, is the real University of Oklahoma. I always laughed at that one too.

mhackl
9/19/2007, 03:59 PM
I didn't think the sun and the dog's *** were supposed to align more often than not. Kinda takes the way the whole idea of it being an anomaly.

Poke pride in the dominance of two wins goes a long way towards explaining the proclamation of "The Worlds Most Powerfull Offense". 2 and 5 against Leach and you talk as if you own him. Good luck maintaining that record breaking win streak.

I guess pokes football record accounts for wins, losses, ties, and moral victories.

stoopified
9/19/2007, 04:24 PM
ROTFLMAO

TopDawg
9/19/2007, 04:40 PM
Someone else said this after the game against Troy...that it's easy to see why their marketing team thought they had the most powerful offense in the world when they were going up against the worst defense in the world.

But now I get it. OSU is not claiming to have the most powerful offense in the world. That ad does NOT say "The OSU offense: the most powerful offense in the world." What they are getting at is that when you come watch OSU play this year, you are seeing the most powerful offense in the world because they're playing the OSU defense.

In the spring, OSU did have the most powerful offense in the world because of their opponent (OSU defense). Last week, Troy had the most powerful offense in the world. This week, Texas Tech has the most powerful offense in the world. Next week...yes, even Sam Houston State has the most powerful offense in the world.

Leach should take this as it was meant: as a compliment.

Condescending Sooner
9/19/2007, 04:42 PM
oh, mike leach was a sooner? okay, sorry. also, i have never seen that 30k challenge. that is hilarious.

Geez, when did you become a Sooner fan? Last week?

mikee likee
9/19/2007, 04:45 PM
Mike Leach is funny because he is..... well Mike Leach
Aggy is funny because ......THEY ARE PUMPKIN PEOPLE OF THE NORTH...:D

cs6000
9/19/2007, 04:50 PM
So was this ad for the spring game the first use of the "most powerful offense" crap? I've been trying to remember how the whole thing got started, anyone remember?:confused:

Landthief 1972
9/19/2007, 04:51 PM
Let's use the clearest example of this fro decades ago .... Miami. In 1980 Miami was a no name school that thought of dropping football. No one cared about Miami .... they were one of the ultimate "have nots" in college football .... especially compared to the Oklahoma's, Alabama's, and USC's of the world.

So, what did they do ... they got the right coach and started getting the right players from their own backyard and played anyone at anytime .... and they began to win. And in winning it helped get more impact players and more attention which begat better players and more wins. Beating the Cane's in 1980 or so was no big deal .... a few short years latter it became a VERY BIG deal. They started to win and it snowballed. Winning begets "respect," from the media, fans, and recruits.

The problem for OSU, unlike Miami, is that they are not located in a recruiting hotbed. When you're got to get a recruit to look past living in Oklahoma AND living in a city in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, you're already fighting a losing battle. Plus, Miami has beach access. The only way you can say that about Stoolwater is if you count the Canadian River. If OU didn't have the tradition it had, it may well have been in the same boat (sitting in a creek or man-made lake).

MikeInNorman
9/19/2007, 04:57 PM
Plus, Miami has beach access. The only way you can say that about Stoolwater is if you count the Canadian River.

Don't forget the waste retention lagoons behind the Swine Barn.

Landthief 1972
9/19/2007, 05:04 PM
Don't forget the waste retention lagoons behind the Swine Barn.

Swim where they bathe?!? Are you NUTS?!? :stunned: :D

MRNOTDUCKS
9/19/2007, 05:16 PM
As much of a joke that Mike Gundy is, it's still hard for me to believe he would have approved that "greatest offense in the world" crap. or Bull Crap, if you are Stephen McGee. lol

If I were him I'd be calling for some peoples' heads in the athletic department because you know this is going to be fodder for tv commentators in every televised game they play.

Maybe instead of osu paying for commercials during the tv breaks they should be paying the network hush money to keep them from discussing the "world's greatest offense" on air.

As for Leach, damn, he has our number. but the guy is oddly hilarious.

Ground_Attack
9/19/2007, 05:20 PM
Swim where they bathe?!? Are you NUTS?!? :stunned: :D

I'm still laughing at this nugget! :D

Ground_Attack
9/19/2007, 05:23 PM
Maybe Aggy was right about "The World's Greatest Offense". I've been truly offended ever since I had to watch the Georgia game. Throw the Troy game in there an it IS the most offensive.

illinisooner
9/19/2007, 05:31 PM
I like how "concessions" was part of the spring game ad. Really? I figured at a football game, concessions were a given, not an added bonus for showing up.

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2007, 05:48 PM
damn dude, when did you become a fan? :D

Texas Golfer
9/19/2007, 05:53 PM
Be careful of what you say. The words had better be very tasteful because you just may have to eat them, i.e., "greatest offense in the world".

SoonerBOI
9/19/2007, 05:53 PM
damn dude, when did you become a fan? :D
LOL.:D :D

SoonerBOI
9/19/2007, 05:59 PM
"tsetaerg esneffo ni eht dlrow", according to the marketing dept. of losur was taken out of context.:D :D

goingoneight
9/19/2007, 06:20 PM
I know what Leach is doing.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Leach.

And he doesn't 'own' OSU in Stillwater like he 'owns' A&M in College Station. He's won his last 2 in College Station. He's lost his last 2 in Stillwater.

I'm well aware that Texas Tech has performed much better than Oklahoma State over the past 15 years. I'm well aware that Tech is currently a better program. I'm also aware that we've typically played well against Tech at home.

It's pretty obvious that 2005 was a fluke. I mean, come on... you guys got pwn3d that year. 2004 was a decent (Les Miles-coached) OSU team.

Answer me this, Aggy:

If OSU's offense was supposed to be "elite," or even good... where were they against the rebuilding UGA defense and Troy HS?

OU-HSV
9/19/2007, 06:20 PM
Be careful of what you say. The words had better be very tasteful because you just may have to eat them, i.e., "greatest offense in the world".
Exactly.
I see no problem with what Leach said. I think it's freaking funny. The sheephumpers had this coming. Even if a team does have a terrific offense, it's stupid to brag that it's the greatest in the world. Bottom line is they DON'T even have an offense anywhere near being the greatest, and that's obviously shown in the first few games. So we all get to add this to another reason we make fun of osu...and I think it's great.
Spek to Mike Leach

goingoneight
9/19/2007, 06:24 PM
I like how "concessions" was part of the spring game ad. Really? I figured at a football game, concessions were a given, not an added bonus for showing up.

:les: WORLD'S GREATEST NACHOS!!!111!1 WITH ORANGE POWER CHEESE!!!111!1

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 06:30 PM
:les: WORLD'S GREATEST NACHOS!!!111!1 WITH ORANGE POWER CHEESE!!!111!1

Let er' rip!!!! :les:

OUMallen
9/19/2007, 07:17 PM
Leach is the funniest, abnd has a neat career behind him. He's truly a unique dude.

OU-HSV
9/19/2007, 07:32 PM
So I looked on Tech's website and read Leach's quotes, they didn't show him saying this. Is it a joke or did he really say this and they probably didn't show it on their site?

Stitch Face
9/19/2007, 09:17 PM

In Aggie's defense, it does say most powerful, not greatest. Maybe they meant like an enormous, inefficient coal engine. You know- produces tons of energy, only most of it is wasted as heat and such.

insuranceman_22
9/19/2007, 10:07 PM
Agg. you're fighting a losing battle on this one. Leach's numbers against are what they are, you can't deny it. Lubbock is a tough place to play, believe me, we Sooners know how tough it can be (like several terrible calls late in a game that simply gives it to Leach), but he's still 5-2 against you. That's ownership.

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 10:09 PM

In Aggie's defense, it does say most powerful, not greatest. Maybe they meant like an enormous, inefficient coal engine. You know- produces tons of energy, only most of it is wasted as heat and such.

By George, I think you may be on to something there!

goingoneight
9/19/2007, 10:25 PM
So I looked on Tech's website and read Leach's quotes, they didn't show him saying this. Is it a joke or did he really say this and they probably didn't show it on their site?
COUGH!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GxkhUfKZ-U) ;)

Petro-Sooner
9/19/2007, 10:39 PM
aggie...............I expect nothing less.

ouwasp
9/19/2007, 11:17 PM
Isn't the internet great?

We can all enjoy these little gems Leach tosses out there about the pokes. Back in the day it would never have been known.

I say Tech 49 Boone St 24.

PLaw
9/19/2007, 11:28 PM
Gotta love it! In TTech's press conference today Mike Leach said he's looking forward to seeing how his defense can measure up against "the greatest offense in the world". Even Graham Harrold mentioned them in that way. Sucks to be a Cowboy!

Somebody should publish a book of "Leach-isms".

Boomer
PLaw

Piware
9/19/2007, 11:32 PM
Mike Leach should talk less **** when he hasn't won there in 6 years. What would a Poke know about letting their mouth overload his a**?!? Oops, sorry, quite a bit now that I think about it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 01:24 AM
I'm too lazy and buzzed right now...anyone care to post a season by season comparison of Tech-OSU since 2000?

birddog
9/20/2007, 01:37 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZOjI5wISaA

this may have been posted. osu-troy.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/20/2007, 07:53 AM
Yes and no ... ya'll and our program are somewhat in the same boat .... we're running behind Texas and Oklahoma in this little thing called the Big-12 South. They are the "big boys" and we, along with Tech, battle it out for 3rd thru 5th. That is the way it is .... but not the way it has to be.

Easier said than done.

Mac94
9/20/2007, 08:18 AM
Landthief 1972 -

Very true, Miami had/has a great advantage with South Florida .... but still they are an example. Another, maybe a bit better given geography might be what Frank Beamer has done at Virginia Tech .... He has taken a ol VPI that was nothing and made them a pretty respected program ... all in Blacksburg, Virginia.

And no, it ain't easy, but why have a program if you're not gonna try and compete.

Jewstin
9/20/2007, 09:10 AM
That clip of Mike Leach is GLORIOUS!

This entire OSU season is a wonderful recipe for glorious laughter. Endless smack talk during the off season (the most in recent memory for me, anyways), ridiculous claims by the athletics department ... and the team falling FLAT ON ITS FACE.

You can't script this stuff.

KRYPTON
9/20/2007, 02:18 PM

Because they were suffering from food poisoning thinking they'd have tortillas to eat but instead they just got Eskimo Joes?

Because if a blind squirrel can find a single nut, a squirrel that masturbates furiously but is not yet quite completely blind might find two nuts on its home field?

Because malapropisms are fun if you lead them to water and then look them in the mouth?

rfhlandstealer
9/20/2007, 03:13 PM
Leach is awsome!! check this out if you have time. Leach's weather report

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2621

bluedogok
9/20/2007, 08:57 PM
Somebody should publish a book of "Leach-isms".

Boomer
PLaw
Mike Leach Quotes (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/mike_leach/)

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 12:33 AM
The guy's nuts and I really get a kick out of it. That weather report is just flat out hilarious.

TopDawg
9/22/2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.wilk4.com/humor/img/doh-1.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
9/22/2007, 11:55 PM
I guess now they think they're the world's greatest offense again. Oh, the Horror!

sanantoniosooner
9/23/2007, 12:14 AM
Sometimes a Pirate can puke on himself and fall in defeat to a Cowboy.

crimson&cream
9/23/2007, 12:20 AM
Thats the problem with teams who's defense sucks it's always who scores last. About 650 yrds of passing by TT- and lose-Lordy!