PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Suck!

Fraggle145
9/18/2007, 04:08 PM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/031df67a6b_091507yankautographmg01.jpg

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1031894

Yankee’s prank strikes out
By Jason Millman
Sunday, September 16, 2007 - Updated 2d 9h ago

Talk about sore winners.

Griffin Whitman, a 10-year-old Red Sox [team stats] fan from Swampscott, was excited to attend his first Yankees vs. Red Sox game Friday night. The young autograph -collector was even more thrilled to score Yankees outfielder Shelley Duncan’s signature before the game. That is, until Griffin read the message from the 27-year-old rookie: “Red Sox suck! Shelley Duncan.”

“It was cool to get his autograph,” Griffin said. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.”

Griffin’s mother, Karen, blasted the Yankees slugger’s bad manners.

“This is someone who wears the Yankee uniform and is on the payroll and should be setting an example for 10-year-olds,” she said.

Duncan, son of St. Louis Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, has become a fan favorite in the Bronx for hitting mammoth home runs since he was called up from the minors in July.

Yesterday afternoon, a Yankee spokesman declined to comment until he got a chance to speak to Duncan.

JMO, but the parents need to shut their hole and quit whining.

yermom
9/18/2007, 04:32 PM
what do you expect getting an autograph of the opposing team?

it's not like it was vulgar or anything

rufnek05
9/18/2007, 04:43 PM
what do you expect getting an autograph of the opposing team?

it's not like it was vulgar or anything

yeah, but it still a kid. but thats just a reason to dislike the yanks even more. even i don't like the sox either

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 04:45 PM
I don't know what my reaction is here. I mean, on the one hand, I think it's kind of funny. On the other I think the guy could have been a little classier. then I wonder why he even botherd, because if the Red Sox offered him more money than he's making now, he'd be gone, and by next month he'd be writing "Yankees Suck" on autographs. Meh.

soonerbrat
9/18/2007, 04:53 PM
what do you expect from a guy named "shelley"? he probably hates the whole world.

tulsaoilerfan
9/18/2007, 05:50 PM
I think that's pretty damn funny myself

SoonerDood
9/18/2007, 07:41 PM
from a fanbase whose motto is "Yankees Suck."
I'm sure their precious little boy has never said those vile words.:rolleyes: