PDA

View Full Version : What?!?!?

boomersooner28
9/18/2007, 03:07 PM
5 minutes ago, during college football live, a viewer had e-mailed in about Stoops being lured to Tennessee and they actually brought it up on the show, asking the question whether or not Tennessee could get Bob Stoops from Oklahoma. Trevor Matich responded with the point that Stoops gets everything he wants at Oklahoma and plays for Championships every year. Matich thinks he stays at Oklahoma. Duh. Tennessee? Stoops? For the last time people....crack kills.

IronSooner
9/18/2007, 03:09 PM
Tennessee isn't even a lateral move. I'd decline to even answer a question like that lest I need that breath later in life.

SoonerStormchaser
9/18/2007, 03:10 PM
No EFFING way that happens. The ONLY job I could ever see him leaving us for that's not the NFL (and let's face it, college coaches haven't fared too well there recently, so that probably won't happen) is Iowa...and they've shown lately that they're beyond repair.

So that means that he's basically staying here. But, according to Dean Blevins, that means he has a 60% chance of leaving and a 89% chance of staying.

StuIsTheMan
9/18/2007, 03:13 PM
I don't know guys...they have alot of money down there:rolleyes:

silverwheels
9/18/2007, 03:14 PM
Tennessee is in need of a coaching change, but they'd be hard-pressed to get an established big-name coach to go there. It would be a lateral move for most coaches, if not a step down. Their best bet is to find a young guy with a lot of fire who can motivate the players and update Tennessee's offense and defense from Fulmer's mid-90s schemes.

cjames317
9/18/2007, 03:18 PM
Saban's always available for the right price.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 03:24 PM
Tennessee could get MIKE Stoops.

CtheB
9/18/2007, 03:39 PM
I am not sure that anyone could ever possibly fill the vacancy left by a great coach like Philly the Snitch. For that reason, I don't think Stoops would take the job.

Yes, sarcasm abounds.

BornandBred
9/18/2007, 03:46 PM
Uh, didn't he pass on his "dream jobs" at Florida and the Bungles?? I'm thinking he declared himself a Sooner then and forever. I could be wrong, it happened once before.

birddog
9/18/2007, 03:53 PM
it's just a matter of time before schiano jumps ship to test the waters at a real football school.

Harry Beanbag
9/18/2007, 04:56 PM
it's just a matter of time before schiano jumps ship to test the waters at a real football school.

God, I hope not, then Stoops will go to Rutgers. :(

SoonerBOI
9/18/2007, 05:11 PM
No way. Stoops get what 3.0 mil bonus this year or next? But you never know...we never know. Tennessee might want to lure Mike Gundy and the "greatest offense in the world". OSU is a cupcake!:D

Sooner in Tampa
9/18/2007, 07:01 PM
It was an email question from some dickhead in Dallas...he refered to Stoops only having a "one game schedule"

Whorns are such **********s

KantoSooner
9/18/2007, 07:12 PM
He was referring to Miami? Or to the National Championship game?

arcman46
9/18/2007, 07:33 PM
I heard this same stuff on Sun morning during the Rivals Radio show. The guy was a fan from Tenn and spouted off 7-8 coaches like Stoops that he thought Tenn should go for. I was thinking the guy was an idiot, because Tenn is a solid program, but not one in which the elite coaches that he mentioned would make a move to.

BornandBred
9/18/2007, 08:17 PM
I could see them going after Kevin Wilson. I don't really see him sticking around more than another couple years. At that point, I kinda hope we promote Hyple to OC, he's my hero.

The question I'd like to ask Bobby is if he forsees a JoePa-like career at OU. I would love to see that. I think he's in for the long run, but how long, I don't know. I'm hoping for another 20 years, at least.

mdklatt
9/18/2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know guys...they have alot of money down there:rolleyes:

Plus, they have even better hills and trees than Tulsa.

UTenn > TU

mdklatt
9/18/2007, 08:24 PM
It was an email question from some dickhead in Dallas...he refered to Stoops only having a "one game schedule"

UT's SOS must be pretty impressive since they're almost 1-2. :texan:

OUAndy1807
9/18/2007, 08:29 PM
I could see him going to Notre Dame.

snp
9/18/2007, 08:36 PM
If anyone is crazy enough to buy this for a second than I have a Nigerian prince friend that you need to meet.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2007, 08:39 PM
If anyone is crazy enough to buy this for a second than I have a Nigerian prince friend that you need to meet.

You know that guy too? Nice enough fella, he is gonna give me a whole heep of cash, I just had to send him my bank information!

BornandBred
9/18/2007, 08:40 PM
I have $100k coming once my check clears and he gives me the map so I can dig up his chest of gold. It's going to be awesome.

KantoSooner
9/18/2007, 08:51 PM
Hakeem Inogudju is talking to you, too?!? I feel so, so...........used.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2007, 11:48 PM
Hakeem Inogudju is talking to you, too?!? I feel so, so...........used.

You didn't give him the money he wanted did you, now he won't talk to you and give you millions of his dollars! Haha!

goingoneight
9/18/2007, 11:54 PM
Phat Fil gives them the "squeaky clean" image they all claim UT has. While we know that's not true, we must realize that now they're throwing that argument under the bus to get even with :les:.

snp
9/19/2007, 12:12 AM
Phat Fil gives them the "squeaky clean" image they all claim UT has. While we know that's not true, we must realize that now they're throwing that argument under the bus to get even with :les:.

Fulmer has an awful image. That's why the Fulmer Cup is named after him.

Sooner in Tampa
9/19/2007, 06:18 AM
UT's SOS must be pretty impressive since they're almost 1-2. :texan:Yeah...but they had to travel to Orlando to open up a new stadium :rolleyes: In the immortal words of Mack..."it was a trap" :rolleyes:

******rockets...all of 'em

mfosterftw
9/19/2007, 07:02 AM
I could see them going after Kevin Wilson. I don't really see him sticking around more than another couple years. At that point, I kinda hope we promote Hyple to OC, he's my hero.

Josh Heupel as our QB coach is probably the best-kept secret outside campus. The arm is important... but Josh is teaching them how to think, and that's critical.

BornandBred
9/19/2007, 07:36 AM
Josh Heupel as our QB coach is probably the best-kept secret outside campus. The arm is important... but Josh is teaching them how to think, and that's critical.
I totally agree. I am just scared he may go elsewhere to get an OC position. I don't want him to leave.

VolinArizona
9/19/2007, 11:47 AM
Just to nip this in the bud - most Tennessee fans with half a brain know Bob Stoops wouldn't even discuss coming to Tennessee. It's a step down, currently and historically.

If feelers did come from Norman, I would bet they were MORE for Brent Venables, someone we'd love to have and is realistic.

85sooners
9/19/2007, 12:06 PM
:eek:

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/19/2007, 12:09 PM
Just to nip this in the bud - most Tennessee fans with half a brain know Bob Stoops wouldn't even discuss coming to Tennessee. It's a step down, currently and historically.

If feelers did come from Norman, I would bet they were MORE for Brent Venables, someone we'd love to have and is realistic.

well, with Mike Stoops likely being run out of Arizona after this season....

VolinArizona
9/19/2007, 03:06 PM
well, with Mike Stoops likely being run out of Arizona after this season....

It's a win-win! We get Venables to right our ship, and you just plug Mike back in.

stoopified
9/19/2007, 05:06 PM
In fairness to the Volunteers they are an elite program(check out collegefootballdatawarehouse to verify),but Bob ain't intersested.He already turned down OHIO St, located in his home state,told ND he was not interested before they could even ask and chose OU over Iowa(his alma mater) when he took the OU job.Any fan at any other NCAA school who thinks Bob would leave OU for their school is having a wet dream.If Bob was going somewhere he would have already gone to TOSU,UF,or ND.They are all equal in stature to OUand have more money.

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2007, 11:35 PM
Besides, who'd wanna move to Tennessee?

hink4769
9/20/2007, 12:33 AM
If he's going anywhere its to the NFL. Let's face it, the OU job is a nice gig. Its outside the pressure cooker of the SEC and Big 10. The program is well funded, and year in and year out they will be more talented than 10 of the other teams in the Big 12, and the only other team with as much talent has Mack Brown and Greg Davis running the offense.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 01:19 AM
Yep...And odds are we'll always be better than the other 11

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/20/2007, 11:19 AM
I personally dont see how you could go to the NFL and leave a job and state where you are considered supreme ruler and asskicker.

TexSooner000
9/20/2007, 01:29 PM
Stoops isn't going anywhere. I think Howard *************** would be a good fit, plus it would be a step up for him from Florida Atlantic.

Flagstaffsooner
9/20/2007, 01:44 PM
Stoops isn't going anywhere. I think Howard *************** would be a good fit, plus it would be a step up for him from Florida Atlantic.As much as Howie would love to be with that corn liquor in Tennessee, he's too damned old to move.

hink4769
9/20/2007, 02:52 PM
I personally dont see how you could go to the NFL and leave a job and state where you are considered supreme ruler and asskicker.
most coaches are highly competitive people that want to test themselves against the best. in football that means the NFL.