PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm at the Fair

Boarder
9/18/2007, 02:38 PM
We have a booth in the Cox (hehe) Pavillion. If you are out to the Fair, come by and see me. I'm there all this week from 10am to around 4pm ish. (cue Norm saying that's way over my regular hours)

There are lots of interesting people here, as usual. Lots of interesting questions to be answered.

I had no idea so many people were building 600 horsepower Mustangs that couldn't get any traction on the tires they had. Amazing!

Also, there are a lot of people out there with friends who have 30+" wheels that they paid $20,000 and more for. Far out!

TheBobbyTrain
9/18/2007, 02:41 PM
ooh, i'll be dropping by on thursday to check out rims for my '88 Blazer K5 that I will probably never actually buy rims for, because I has no moneys. Then I will ask when a good time would be to bring my Explorer in and have a tire replaced that has a broken belt :eddie:

Boarder
9/18/2007, 02:43 PM
Bring it by Decembuary 33rd. I'll schedule you an appointment.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 02:48 PM
Dude, you work on Decemberween?

OUDoc
9/18/2007, 03:03 PM
Dude, you work on Decemberween?
Decemberweenis, he's got Decemberween off. Or maybe vice versa.

Jimminy Crimson
9/18/2007, 03:06 PM
Been 3 times already, no Boarder sighting.

I'll try to swing by this week.

OUDoc
9/18/2007, 03:06 PM
We have a booth in the Cox (hehe) Pavillion. If you are out to the Fair, come by and see me. I'm there all this week from 10am to around 4pm ish.
Don't buy it!!!! He won't be there. I bought tires from him and he never came out of his office to meet me. What does he want from me, I'm just a human being!!??!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/kaje103/britney.png

C&CDean
9/18/2007, 03:11 PM
Nothing on this planet could make me go to the State Fair. The only thing on this planet that makes me to to the Texas Fair is the game. I've never once "enjoyed" the midway or even stayed at the fair for a beer. I walk in, go to the game, and walk out. I have stopped a few times on the way in to look at the ag crap since we park right by there though. And one time we even watched some Lippispaniel horse dealio and another time some of those Irish chicks who dance without moving anything but their feet - but all those things are between the Cotton Bowl and our exit. And only before the game.

I hate me a fair/carnival bad. Like a really bad thing.

Hamhock
9/18/2007, 03:16 PM
Nothing on this planet could make me go to the State Fair. The only thing on this planet that makes me to to the Texas Fair is the game. I've never once "enjoyed" the midway or even stayed at the fair for a beer. I walk in, go to the game, and walk out. I have stopped a few times on the way in to look at the ag crap since we park right by there though. And one time we even watched some Lippispaniel horse dealio and another time some of those Irish chicks who dance without moving anything but their feet - but all those things are between the Cotton Bowl and our exit. And only before the game.

I hate me a fair/carnival bad. Like a really bad thing.

feel too much like a family reunion?

LilSooner
9/18/2007, 03:18 PM
Hubby and I will be there on Friday. We will make sure to drop by and ask about those 30 inch rims, cause the Equinox needs some new rims :D

OklahomaRed
9/18/2007, 03:23 PM

Doh! :eek:

C&CDean
9/18/2007, 03:25 PM

If my entire extended family showed up they'd have to restock every one of those stuffed animal prizes, and the carnies would be rich. My clan is a state fair.

MamaMia
9/18/2007, 03:25 PM
I dont need any rims. What else ya got? :pop:

Boarder
9/18/2007, 04:56 PM
TARRS!

I just saw Dean, btw. Don't let him fool you. He had a roasted corn in one hand and some fried cheese on a stick in the other.

mdklatt
9/18/2007, 08:15 PM
My favorite question from working at the State Fair: "What happens when a tornader hits one of them there windmills?"

1) Why is this the first question on so many people's minds?

2) What do they think happens??

:confused:

Runner up: "What's it mean when all them windmills are stopped at the same time?"

Thank Odin I won't be there tomorrow for Senior Citizen Day.

P.S. Dear Bluetooth headset owners: Now that your little bauble has trickled down to the (toothless) masses, you are officially no longer cool. Not that you ever were.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/19/2007, 01:43 AM

I hate me a fair/carnival bad. Like a really bad thing.One time back in the '70's we wandered around for a bit at the tx state fair before the RRS, and looked at some of the livestock. There were some kind of rams that had gonads that hung down to near the floor. Their sacks were prolly half the length of their body. Now, I don't know if that is normal among sheep, but it was kinda startling to me.
I would have preferred to see the Irish chicks dancing.

Boarder
9/19/2007, 07:33 AM
The family came up and we walked around last evening. I have a couple of thoughts.

1. On a stick. You take any mundane food, put it on a stick, and it becomes cool. Pizza......on a stick. Cheese.......on a stick. Sirloin Steak Dinner......on a stick.
It's an amazing fair phenomenon.

2. I'm a major lightweight. I love roller coasters, thrill rides, etc. But last night I took the 4 year old and rode the Tilt A Whirl with him. I'm still a little dizzy this morning. Pathetic. I'm seriously depressed over it.

I'll be there at 10 today until around 3-4. COME ON BY!

soonerboomer93
9/19/2007, 07:55 AM
coming soon to norman

Poser Thrill Rides

because sometimes, the tilt o whirl just has more game then you...

OU4LIFE
9/19/2007, 09:06 AM
I'm only coming by if you have spinners.

Boarder
9/19/2007, 09:23 AM
Strangely enough, I've only had three or four questions about spinners. And no,I don't have any so I guess I won't have to see you.

Having a booth at the fair is an awesome exercise in self control. You'd be amazed at when idiocy comes out of people. It's very, very hard to not tell them about it.

Kind of like being a mod, except for Dean who just tells it and doesn't care.

Hamhock
9/19/2007, 09:32 AM
Strangely enough, I've only had three or four questions about spinners. And no,I don't have any so I guess I won't have to see you.

Having a booth at the fair is an awesome exercise in self control. You'd be amazed at when idiocy comes out of people. It's very, very hard to not tell them about it.

i'm confused. is it like being a mod because of the receiving or the giving the idiocy?

mdklatt
9/19/2007, 09:35 AM

I was getting all kinds of rants about politics, environmentalists, climate change, and Big Oil. It was like spending the day here, but without the ability to neg anybody. :D

IB4OU2
9/19/2007, 09:39 AM
I was getting all kinds of rants about politics, environmentalists, climate change, and Big Oil. It was like spending the day here, but without the ability to neg anybody. :D

Use a hot curling iron.....that's what Czar does. Not really VK. :O

Mixer!
9/19/2007, 04:33 PM
Use a hot curling iron.....that's what Czar does. Not really VK. :O
Can I have your vCash after she kills you? :D

GottaHavePride
9/19/2007, 05:01 PM
I figure everyone's trying to figure out how to vRob KC//CRIMSON.