PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska State Senator seeks permanent injuction against God

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/09/17/news/politics/doc46ef102aa68ed928664526.txt

I'm going to miss Ernie when he is gone next year.

usmc-sooner
9/18/2007, 10:59 AM
what an idiot

this is what are Senators are doing with our tax dollars

crawfish
9/18/2007, 11:13 AM
Time for George to pull out his deck of cards.

85Sooner
9/18/2007, 11:15 AM
State senator from Nebraska (Notice that the article doesn't mention what party he is part of ) Go ahead , try and guess ;)

imjebus
9/18/2007, 11:20 AM
:D That is freaking hilarious.....

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 11:21 AM
State senator from Nebraska (Notice that the article doesn't mention what party he is part of ) Go ahead , try and guess ;)
We are officially Non-Partisan for State Senators in Nebraska. There is never any party listed for any of the Senators. Also, Ernie bows to no man or party. He ain't a Democrat or a Republican.

85Sooner
9/18/2007, 11:24 AM
We are officially Non-Partisan for State Senators in Nebraska. There is never any party listed for any of the Senators. Also, Ernie bows to no man or party. He ain't a Democrat or a Republican.

He is officially listed as a democrat.

usmc-sooner
9/18/2007, 11:25 AM
He's a Democrat according to this article

Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world.

Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.

The suit asks for a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."

The lawsuit identifies the plaintiff as, "the duly elected and serving State Senator from the 11th Legislative District in Omaha, Nebraska."

Chambers also cites that the, "defendant directly and proximately has caused, inter alia, fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornados, pestilential plagues..."

Chambers says he isn't suing God because he has any kind of beef with the deity. He says the suit is to fight possible laws restricting the filing of frivolous lawsuits. Chambers tells KPTM FOX 42 News that his lawsuit is in response to bills brought forth by other state senators to try and stop lawsuits from being filed.

"The Constitution requires that the courthouse doors be open, so you cannot prohibit the filing of suits," Chambers says. "Anyone can sue anyone they choose, even God."

Chambers bases his ability to sue God, as, "that defendant, being omnipresent, is personally present in Douglas County."

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 11:26 AM
He is officially listed as a democrat.
He has nothing to do with the State Democratic Party, and they with him. He has never ran as a Democrat when he ran for state office or national office. He is functionally his own party.

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 11:27 AM
He's a Democrat accarding to this article

Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world.

Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.

The suit asks for a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."

The lawsuit identifies the plaintiff as, "the duly elected and serving State Senator from the 11th Legislative District in Omaha, Nebraska."

Chambers also cites that the, "defendant directly and proximately has caused, inter alia, fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornados, pestilential plagues..."

Chambers says he isn't suing God because he has any kind of beef with the deity. He says the suit is to fight possible laws restricting the filing of frivolous lawsuits. Chambers tells KPTM FOX 42 News that his lawsuit is in response to bills brought forth by other state senators to try and stop lawsuits from being filed.

"The Constitution requires that the courthouse doors be open, so you cannot prohibit the filing of suits," Chambers says. "Anyone can sue anyone they choose, even God."

Chambers bases his ability to sue God, as, "that defendant, being omnipresent, is personally present in Douglas County."Then is a poor article. Ernie rolls his own way.

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 11:29 AM
It also should be noted the Ernie led a charge to resegregate the Omaha School District last year as well.

StuIsTheMan
9/18/2007, 11:40 AM
It also should be noted the Ernie led a charge to resegregate the Omaha School District last year as well.

Priceless...

85Sooner
9/18/2007, 12:03 PM
AND TO THINK, there are actual human beings that vote for him. Amazing.

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 12:09 PM
AND TO THINK, there are actual human beings that vote for him. Amazing.
His district loves him because he fights tooth and nail for them every session. It goes back to the all politics is local theory.

85Sooner
9/18/2007, 12:13 PM
His district loves him because he fights tooth and nail for them every session. It goes back to the all politics is local theory.

HIs district must be full of wackos (its a rotton burrough)

royalfan5
9/18/2007, 12:19 PM
HIs district must be full of wackos (its a rotton burrough)
He represents the lowest income district in Omaha. Their interests are going to be a lot different that a rural or suburban district.

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2007, 12:22 PM
Been done before. Blameless in Abbaddon, James Morrow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2007, 12:43 PM
HIs district must be full of non-partisan wackos that, unfortunately and accidentally, just happen to be democrats.CAN YOU IMAGINE how the story would read if he was a republican, and how much NATIONAL ATTENTION it would get?

Scott D
9/18/2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, it figures that at least one certain party would miss the point the guy was making.

Chambers, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, said he filed the lawsuit to show that anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody.
That, he said, was recently illustrated by a federal lawsuit he said triggered his lawsuit against God.

85Sooner
9/18/2007, 12:55 PM
Chambers, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, said he filed the lawsuit to show that anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody.
That, he said, was recently illustrated by a federal lawsuit he said triggered his lawsuit against God.

fixed

Scott D
9/18/2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, we'll go with that bold. We wouldn't want to tax your poor little mind on what the entire point of his injuction was.

Frozen Sooner
9/18/2007, 01:01 PM
Please watch the name-calling.

OklahomaTuba
9/18/2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, no need to recognize the fact he is a bigot 85. That wasn't a factor in this at all.

:pop:

def_lazer_fc
9/18/2007, 06:23 PM
i wish this guy was my senator. this is hilarious. i especially liked his reasoning that since god is omnipresent, then he/she/it is physically in omaha. priceless.

usmc-sooner
9/18/2007, 07:00 PM
i wish this guy was my senator. this is hilarious. i especially liked his reasoning that since god is omnipresent, then he/she/it is physically in omaha. priceless.

move to his district

critical_phil
9/18/2007, 07:35 PM
Been done before. Blameless in Abbaddon, James Morrow.

i would have gone with a Billy Connolly reference......

SoonerDood
9/18/2007, 07:35 PM
just. wow. :shakes head:

def_lazer_fc
9/18/2007, 07:58 PM
move to his district
how bout we just move him to my district?

usmc-sooner
9/18/2007, 08:36 PM
how bout we just move him to my district?
so you want the ghetto Senator, without the ghetto. That's why people vote nobody else in your district wants this dude around. Only those who don't quite get it, would want ghetto politics brought to them.
That being said I can't say much for the politics of the upper class either.

Scott D
9/18/2007, 11:16 PM
so you want the ghetto Senator, without the ghetto. That's why people vote nobody else in your district wants this dude around. Only those who don't quite get it, would want ghetto politics brought to them.
That being said I can't say much for the politics of the upper class either.

therefore no politics are the best politics.

OCUDad
9/21/2007, 12:09 AM
And now, the accused has responded. This is pure gold; you can't make this stuff up.

LINCOLN, Neb. - A legislator who filed a lawsuit against God has gotten something he might not have expected: a response. One of two court filings from "God" came Wednesday under otherworldly circumstances, according to John Friend, clerk of the Douglas County District Court in Omaha.

"This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here _ poof!" Friend said.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha sued God last week, seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty for making terroristic threats, inspiring fear and causing "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers, a self-proclaimed agnostic who often criticizes Christians, said his filing was triggered by a federal lawsuit he considers frivolous. He said he's trying to makes the point that anybody can sue anybody.

Not so, says "God." His response argues that the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction.

It adds that blaming God for human oppression and suffering misses an important point.

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.

There was no contact information on the filing, although St. Michael the Archangel is listed as a witness, Friend said.

A second response from "God" disputing Chambers' allegations lists a phone number for a Corpus Christi law office. A message left for that office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Attempts to reach Chambers by phone and at his Capitol office Thursday were unsuccessful.

Hamhock
9/21/2007, 08:00 AM
Please watch the name-calling.

shut up, dumb head.

limey_sooner
9/21/2007, 08:20 AM
Chambers has always been crazy. Although he always had a special place in my heart after the Huskers were upset in the fiesta bowl in 1975. He predicted it and after they lost he wrote a poem about it and sent it to the Omaha World Herald. I don't remember the whole poem just the last couple of lines.

"And great helpings of cactus and crow were heaped upon each big red plate. Fiasco bowl, I told you so

royalfan5
10/26/2007, 09:10 AM
http://journalstar.com/articles/2007/10/25/news/politics/doc4721149fb34d1567944795.txt

The lawsuit has been amended to allege that Tom Osborne is God, and Nebraska Football is a false religion.

My favorite part of the whole thing: The defendant’s cover has been blown, perhaps unwittingly by the simple folks of Nebraska,” Chambers writes in the notice, which has a King James flavor.

“In recent days it came to pass that there has been a type of prostration, adulation, adoration, veneration, thanks-giving, worshipful gushings and heart-felt outpourings of hosannas and hallelujahs throughout the land — appropriate only to one bearing the status, purported traits and powers of Defendant; that is to say, a deity.”

Hamhock
10/26/2007, 09:59 AM
shut up, dumb head.

this was a very funny post.

Widescreen
10/26/2007, 10:01 AM
"Pure Genious. I can't wait for all the uneducated christian racists to comment now. It is going to be epic. 90% of you won't even know what the heck is going on or why he did this because you don't understand the law. And you know you will turn this in to a race issue because heaven forbit a black educated man be smarter than the Nebraska white man. "
Well at least we now know that imjebus' real name is Dan.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2007, 10:51 AM
How the hell does this guy get elected?

royalfan5
10/26/2007, 11:21 AM
How the hell does this guy get elected?
Because he fights tooth and nail for his constituents. The man is extremely popular in his district.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2007, 02:25 PM
Because he fights tooth and nail for his constituents. The man is extremely popular in his district.

Sounds like Sheila (I never met a TV camera or press conference I didn't like or make up) Jackson-Leigh. And that wack-job nutty congresswoman from Atlanta. They do enough to make the district feel good, but can be nutty as a pecan shelling factory everywhere else...

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/11/05/news/local/doc472e6e956a9e3168489428.txt
Westboro Baptist and Fred Phelps are now suing Chambers for suing God.

crawfish
11/5/2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/11/05/news/local/doc472e6e956a9e3168489428.txt
Westboro Baptist and Fred Phelps are now suing Chambers for suing God.

Excellent!

If they're all in the same courtroom, God can take care of both of 'em with just one well-placed meteor. :D

Ike
11/5/2007, 03:25 PM
what I love about this whole thing is the amount of attention and energy that is being devoted to empty, meaningless grandstanding.

Widescreen
11/5/2007, 04:24 PM
This is easier than doing stuff. No one expects any actual results.