PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is diggin' on Sam Bradford...

the_ouskull
9/18/2007, 10:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3024137&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

the_ouskull

yermom
9/18/2007, 10:10 AM
how can you even compare him to Tebow? i mean he got a lot of PT last year on a national championship team no less

The Maestro
9/18/2007, 10:14 AM
I don't think it was so much a comparison as saying Sam is doing things NO ONE thought he was going to do. When was the last time a freshman QB started the season like this? 80%-11 TD's-1 INT. And he has really only played about 9 quarters...he could have even more staggering numbers.

stoopified
9/18/2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think it was so much a comparison as saying Sam is doing things NO ONE thought he was going to do. When was the last time a freshman QB started the season like this? 80%-11 TD's-1 INT. And he has really only played about 9 quarters...he could have even more staggering numbers.Exactly .Bradford is putting up AWESOME numbers as is but imagine if he plays the WHOLE game and in attack mode the entire time.

Landthief 1972
9/18/2007, 10:24 AM
There must be a mistake. I have it on good authority from many posters on this message board that ESPN is out to get OU, and actively looks for ways to undermine their bid for a national championship. :pop:

tanjou
9/18/2007, 10:33 AM
There must be a mistake. I have it on good authority from many posters on this message board that ESPN is out to get OU, and actively looks for ways to undermine their bid for a national championship. :pop:
The season's not over yet, champ.

leematthews
9/18/2007, 10:35 AM
Barring injury, he's gonna break some freshman records and throw 40 TD passes.

Oh and possibly win that Heisman trophy

MiccoMacey
9/18/2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think it was so much a comparison as saying Sam is doing things NO ONE thought he was going to do. When was the last time a freshman QB started the season like this? 80%-11 TD's-1 INT. And he has really only played about 9 quarters...he could have even more staggering numbers.

That's why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Of all the great QBs to play for OU (or any team for that matter), how is it that Bradford is having this much more success than any other QB? Regardless of the level of competition we've played so far competition, all teams play some cupcakes early on in the schedule, but none have done what he's done.

That's what makes this so staggering to me. He's doing things senior QBs haven't done, number-wise.

How much is due to the quality of the rest of the team, and how much is SB? I'm still leery to jump on the "SB is just that damn good" bandwagon. I'm so pleased for him and our team, I'm still just cautiously optimistic to see what's in store.

But I love where this train seems to be heading. :)

Grimey
9/18/2007, 11:08 AM
White in '03 had 40 TD passes vs 10 INT's. Sam is on pace to that kind of season or better

just sayin

The Maestro
9/18/2007, 12:00 PM
That's why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Of all the great QBs to play for OU (or any team for that matter), how is it that Bradford is having this much more success than any other QB? Regardless of the level of competition we've played so far competition, all teams play some cupcakes early on in the schedule, but none have done what he's done.

That's what makes this so staggering to me. He's doing things senior QBs haven't done, number-wise.

How much is due to the quality of the rest of the team, and how much is SB? I'm still leery to jump on the "SB is just that damn good" bandwagon. I'm so pleased for him and our team, I'm still just cautiously optimistic to see what's in store.

But I love where this train seems to be heading. :)

Great points...Heupel and White played some cream puffs, too. It seems scary, but what a great problem to have...wondering if we are hyping are incredibly talented freshman QB too much! It's his results and execution that are causing this...even if he doesn't go through his progressions good enough for some! ;)

oupride
9/18/2007, 12:24 PM

Don't believe the hype.

OUDoc
9/18/2007, 12:27 PM
They are. The good press inflates the teams' ego, causing a fall of dramatic proportions. Bastards.
Apparently your foil hat isn't working anymore.
:)

Hot Rod
9/18/2007, 01:20 PM
Exactly .Bradford is putting up AWESOME numbers as is but imagine if he plays the WHOLE game and in attack mode the entire time.

That's exactly right! Couldn't have said it better.

soonersn2007
9/18/2007, 01:42 PM
Let's give some props to our outstanding receiving corp and the coaching staff, I'm sure Sam would.

NS5
9/18/2007, 01:48 PM
Before the season started, Sam was the conversation and we thought HELL. Now with three games under his belt, we are changing our choice of words to HELLO. Big time performance and at this rate he is going to need a tuxedo.

a/k/a OURuss

GottaHavePride
9/18/2007, 02:05 PM
Tuxedo? Sam Bradford's going to the opera?

Grimey
9/18/2007, 03:51 PM
Let's give some props to our outstanding receiving corp and the coaching staff, I'm sure Sam would.

It all starts with the o-line

GrapevineSooner
9/18/2007, 04:05 PM
There has to be some anti-OU rant couched somewhere in that story.

Will
9/18/2007, 04:24 PM
It all starts with the o-line

He has had great protection from one of the best lines in the country with great talent around him... if the running game keeps continuing it could be staggering numbers!

Jdog
9/18/2007, 05:36 PM
Did anyone read #6 on the list - and go on to read the "Hansen column"?
Would we be interested in hiring a couple of new coaches on D? WOW

soonerboy_odanorth
9/18/2007, 06:47 PM
I love the play so far this year of Josh... err... err... I mean, Sam!

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2007, 12:04 AM
Of course they love the guy...Who wouldn't?

Other than opposing defenses that is!

goingoneight
9/19/2007, 12:23 AM

I have the inside scoop from them that Keith Nichol will start after Bradford struggles against UNT.

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2007, 12:31 AM
No kidding...Weren't they the ones who said we were doomed last year after the idiot episode and then this year were ragging on us for not having an experienced QB? I think it's obvious that ESPN is NOT a good place to get predictions or analysis, but it is good for a giggle from time to time.