PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance question

MamaMia
9/18/2007, 09:21 AM
This morning at 8:30, I got a call from State Farm about my collision claim involving their insured who mangled the front end of my car. State Farm is also my insurance company. Even though I gave them the second to the lowest estimate that I received from 4 different body shops, they still want to give me less to fix my car. The State Farm person said they have body shops that will fix my car in my area and bill them directly. The problem is that I don't like the work they do and really wanted the place I gave them the estimate from to do the work on my car.

Do I have to have my car fixed at their place of choice or pay the difference out of my own pocket? This is confusing to me because my agent, who is really starting to annoy me, told me to get 3 estimates.

frankensooner
9/18/2007, 09:28 AM
Tell them you want it fixed right or your neck is starting to get really sore as a result of the accident. ;)

MamaMia
9/18/2007, 09:47 AM
Tell them you want it fixed right or your neck is starting to get really sore as a result of the accident. ;)They should pay me double for having to go through this during football season. :mad:

rufnek05
9/18/2007, 09:55 AM
Tell them you want it fixed right or your neck is starting to get really sore as a result of the accident. ;)

Thats what I would do.

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2007, 10:01 AM
its your car, you can have it fixed wherever you want

keep in mind, that i could send out 10 different appraisers to estimate the damages on your car and they'd come back with 10 different figures

ask state farm about their supplement process, i'm sure its geared to fix your car back to where you are made whole, regardless of where the work is done

they're going to pay off the lowest estimate, however once the work begins, the shop will send a supplement request to State Farm for additional/hidden damages......State Farm has to/will pay for those additional repairs