PDA

View Full Version : I don't this is the official US position

Suerreal
9/17/2007, 11:51 PM
WASHINGTON - Every effort should be made to stop Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, but failing that, the world could live with a nuclear-armed regime in Tehran, a recently retired commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East said Monday.
Abizaid: World could abide nuclear Iran (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070918/ap_on_go_ot/abizaid_iran_8;_ylt=AtZrltG3Fn5y25sxAoyKIfAE1vAI)

WTH!?!?! Did we discuss this with Israel, whom Rafsanjani has said many times should be wiped off the map?

I think I'm glad GEN Abizaid is retired. . .

sooner_born_1960
9/18/2007, 06:51 AM
How could "Every effort" fail? With a very minimal effort, Iran would cease to be a country.

swardboy
9/18/2007, 07:09 AM
He claims Iran is not a "suicide nation". Pardon me mein general, but don't they support, encourage, and train the suicidists?

Carp like this reminds me that generals are political appointees.

Okieflyer
9/18/2007, 07:11 AM
He must a Jimmy Carter era General.

jeremy885
9/18/2007, 08:55 AM
Why do we need to discuss our national security with Israel?

Hate to admit it, but what he's saying is probably how all of this will play out over the next 5 years.

OUDoc
9/18/2007, 09:02 AM
How could "Every effort" fail? With a very minimal effort, Iran would cease to be a country.
Might still be a country, just a very shiny, glassy country.

Wait, that shiny surface would reflect light and heat back into space, away from one of the hottest areas in the world. Wouldn't this help stop global warming (which may or may not be 100% scientific fact)?

sooneron
9/18/2007, 09:13 AM
He must a Jimmy Carter era General.
Must be.

He would have been about 26 years old.:rolleyes: