PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb

OKC-SLC
9/17/2007, 09:39 PM
It was 10 years and 10 days ago that McNabb vomited several times on OUr field on his way to a 36-34 loss. He had a decent game (threw for 223 and ran for 61). DeMond ran for 239 on 31 carries, and Travian Smith blocked two punts to snap an 8-game home losing streak by OU (jeez, that's unbelievable--8 games).

Every time I see McNabb, I think of the glory that was that day. Oh, how pathetic we were, rushing the field. Really makes you appreciate where we are right now.

(Incidentally, I think McNabb's best days as an NFL quarterback are behind him.)

mdklatt
9/17/2007, 09:51 PM
Travian Smith = BAD ***

OKC-SLC
9/17/2007, 09:53 PM
Travian Smith = BAD ***
He was. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, however.

jeremy885
9/18/2007, 12:07 AM
I still have a "victory party" shirt made by my frat for that game. Sad thing is, we made one for the UNT game the next year. *ucking Blake.

SoonerEmpire
9/18/2007, 09:52 AM
That was a great game! Syracuse came in nationally ranked, and no one gave us a chance. We took it to them hard for 4 full quarters and won the game in the last 5 seconds with a blocked field goal. That was definitely one of the few bright spots of the Blake era.

What was funny though, is that during the radio play-by-play the first time that Mcnabb vomited, it was just hilarious. Syracuse breaks the huddle and lines up at scrimmage. Mcnabb is under center. He then kind of tilts his head over to the side. At that point is when he threw up. Bob Barry Sr. said, "It looked like he dropped something!"

Yep. That's right, BBS. He DID drop something! LOL! That was SO awesome!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Good ol' BBS...

Landthief 1972
9/18/2007, 10:48 AM
Donovan McNabb...

...scored just enough points last night to put my fantasy football opponent's total over mine, so I lost. Bastage.

JohnnyMack
9/18/2007, 10:58 AM
I'm quite certain that's as hungover (or still drunk) as I've ever been at an OU game.

We did about $350 worth of shots between 3 of us at the Vista the night before.

KABOOKIE
9/18/2007, 11:10 AM
I made a bet with some friends that if OU won the game that I’d jump in the apartment pool still dressed from the game. I sat in the student section 50 yard line front row with the basketball team near by, Bobby Joe Evans and Hootey Wiley were those I can remember. We were all giving the Cuse players crap. I believe their kicker was named Woodcock. People were relentless on him. I shouted out, “How much **** would Woodcock suck if Woodcock would suck ****?” He actually started cracking up on that one and walked over and said that was pretty damn funny. At the block field goal to win the game it was Hootey Wiley that yelled, “LET’S RUSH THE FIELD” as he jumped over the wall first. The first person I ran into was Stephen Alexander (the dude was huge). Lots of memories from that day. I still can’t believe OU was on a 8 game home losing streak. I think the week before OU lost 24-0 to Barnett and the Northwestern. Good times.

OKC-SLC
9/18/2007, 12:05 PM
The first person I ran into was Stephen Alexander (the dude was huge).
Martin Chase for me.

Salt City Sooner
9/18/2007, 12:20 PM
Travian Smith went to Smoky State University. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/18/2007, 03:32 PM
I was one of those rushing the field. We were terrible.

r5TPsooner
9/18/2007, 03:52 PM
I remember that game in the stands. I was drunk.

OKC-SLC
9/18/2007, 04:10 PM
I remember that game in the stands. I was drunk.

I was one of those rushing the field. We were terrible.

I was rushing the field WHILE drunk.

DoubleDown
9/18/2007, 05:32 PM
I remember everyone crowding around O'Connells to celebrate after the game when all of a sudden the Ruf Neks ride Boomer, Sooner, and the whole schooner to the middle of the crowd.

Wild site.

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 01:53 AM
Can this guy be baned for not making any damn sense?

Edit: Now it makes even less sense than before. That chubby dude from Bama is SoonerEmpire?

I second that notion. There is being a troll, then there is randomly saying stupid unrelated **** and posting stupid unrelated images.

That is two votes for Bainin', anyone else?

soonersn2007
9/19/2007, 07:39 AM
Let's try to get back on topic, Donovan is crying b/c the media and fans are more critical of black quarterbacks on HBO tuesday.

I am far from a Rush Limbaugh fan, but he got it right when he said that McNabb has gotten a free pass on his poor play b/c of his race. He sure did stink it up Monday night. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnabb-blackqbs&prov=ap&type=lgns

colleyvillesooner
9/19/2007, 08:03 AM
But what about when Donovan said this after the Rush thing:

Negative reaction did not come immediately. But on Tuesday, McNabb told the Philadelphia Daily News: "It's sad that you've got to go to skin color. I thought we were through with that whole deal."

OUDoc
9/19/2007, 08:12 AM
But what about when Donovan said this after the Rush thing:
Donovan was right the first time.

soonersn2007
9/19/2007, 08:15 AM
When race is used as a crutch or excuse, it diminishes the cases in which it is an issue.

Fraggle145
9/19/2007, 11:02 AM
Donovan McNabb sucks, and he always has.

OKC-SLC
9/19/2007, 11:49 AM
And with that, the thread has come full circle.

It's like watching your child go off to school.

Pricetag
9/19/2007, 01:15 PM
Did anyone else notice number eight for Miami McNabb during the game two weeks ago? Looked like he dumped a bucket of water out the front of his helmet.

sooneron
9/19/2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think McNabb sucks that bad, he's good, but not great and not as great as the league made him out to be when they were searching for qb stars 6-7 years ago.
He has NO ONE to throw the ball to that can break it out. that team sucks and he should have left that craphole town years ago.

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2007, 02:12 PM
1. Do not post pictures of nekkid fat chicks. Even nekkid fat chicks covered in paint. For that matter, don't post pictures of nekkid or scantily-clad chicks (or dudes) at all, please. SoonerFans has had struggles in the past with getting blacklisted by people's work filters because of hotlinking to sites with questionable material. Thanks!

2. Whitehelmuts: Please remember that as a fan of another school, you are a guest here. EVEN IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN PROVOKED, please do not stir crap up. Thanks!

OKC-SLC
9/19/2007, 04:44 PM
He has NO ONE to throw the ball to that can break it out. that team sucks and he should have left that craphole town years ago.
The team is not good, but he had WIDE OPEN receivers the other night and was just flat missing them. And yeah, he's coming back from an injury and all that. But this is the same guy who I think vomited during the Super Bowl as well.

But we agree--good QB. Not great QB.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/19/2007, 05:06 PM
Nope, he blows

chunks :)

And, no, not my dog :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2007, 05:55 PM
Just once i would like to hear a white athlete bring up race when discussing why he is being booed.

Sooner_Havok
9/19/2007, 06:43 PM
This Philly team may not be that great, but for all intents and purposes it is the same team McNabb couldn't win with last year but Garcia could. The problem with McNabb is after two injuries, he lost what used to make him special, his scrambling ability. The guy still has an arm, and can be pretty accurate when he wants to be, I think he just doesn't want to admit that he can't buy the time he used to. You look at what Garcia does (A former scrambler himself) he drops, sets, and throws quickly. He knows he can't buy the time he used to by running around, so he relies on his passing ability more. McNabb just doesn't look comfortable in his new incarnation as a pocket passer. He better get used to it though, or Kolb will be starting next time the Eagles see the Skins. I personally like the guy, he made a real dumb remark last night, but he is frustrated. I think as soon as he accepts his new limitations, he will settle down in the pocket and become a more accurate passer.

soonerinabilene
9/19/2007, 10:24 PM
He didnt throw up. The only people that think he threw up are white racists. Anybody watching the game that day that isnt racist could clearly see that he was just rinsing his mouth out with scope. Lots and lots of scope. If he were white, you would have seen that.