PDA

View Full Version : Israel planes destroy Syrian facility?

OUinFLA
9/17/2007, 09:35 PM
I heard something about this on the radio news today, and thought uh oh.
Called my friend and asked if there was anything on tv about it? Nope.
Watched the news tonight and nada on any news channel I picked.

Searched the web.
and found:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,2170766,00.html

and this:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iPy7lwFLss3bf17Bancm0qSSNUTA

It appears that Israel jets took out some suspected nuclear stockpile that perhaps North Korea had "lent" them?

So, it seems like someone has put a sock over this story big time.

Sure seems scary newsworthy to me.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

SicEmBaylor
9/17/2007, 09:38 PM
I heard something about this on the radio news today, and thought uh oh.
Called my friend and asked if there was anything on tv about it? Nope.
Watched the news tonight and nada on any news channel I picked.

Searched the web.
and found:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,2170766,00.html

and this:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iPy7lwFLss3bf17Bancm0qSSNUTA

It appears that Israel jets took out some suspected nuclear stockpile that perhaps North Korea had "lent" them?

So, it seems like someone has put a sock over this story big time.

Sure seems scary newsworthy to me.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Yes, it was all over the news last week. The story went away pretty quickly though because the Israelis refuse to admit they did it. Supposedly, the target was a Syrian nuclear research facility that the N. Koreans are assisting with.

The interesting thing though is a couple of weeks ago a multi-national inspection team went all over N. Korea inspecting their shut down nuclear program, and the N. Koreans put no restrictions on what they could do or see. I'm thinking the N. Koreans may have moved their research to Syria to give them an out of country place to do research.

OUinFLA
9/17/2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, it was all over the news last week. The story went away pretty quickly though because the Israelis refuse to admit they did it. Supposedly, the target was a Syrian nuclear research facility that the N. Koreans are assisting with.

The interesting thing though is a couple of weeks ago a multi-national inspection team went all over N. Korea inspecting their shut down nuclear program, and the N. Koreans put no restrictions on what they could do or see. I'm thinking the N. Koreans may have moved their research to Syria to give them an out of country place to do research.

Well that will teach me to go out of town for 4 days to the remotest beach in Florida, where I was lucky enough to watch a football game, not the news.

So, this happened last week?

And we didn't discuss it on South Oval?

No wonder the govt's of the world have done nothing about it.

We need to make our recomendations. Fast, People!

CatfishSooner
9/17/2007, 09:50 PM
I think there was a small thread on it...
I think they were testing the air defense capability of the Syrians and also were sending a pretty clear message to Iran--

SicEmBaylor
9/17/2007, 10:06 PM
I think there was a small thread on it...
I think they were testing the air defense capability of the Syrians and also were sending a pretty clear message to Iran--
I think I just stated what it was. ^

CatfishSooner
9/17/2007, 10:11 PM
I think I just stated what it was. ^

I THINK there could be several factors along w/ that...but since no one is talking it is hard to say

reevie
9/18/2007, 06:41 AM
Israel and Syria and keeping the story pretty quiet.

swardboy
9/18/2007, 06:52 AM
Personally I like the "bomb first, ask questions" later style of diplomacy with the Islamic and communistic wackos.....as if anything else would work.

Okieflyer
9/18/2007, 07:25 AM
Personally I like the "bomb first, ask questions" later style of diplomacy with the Islamic and communistic wackos.....as if anything else would work.

Especially if you had to live next door to those fools.