PDA

View Full Version : Sooners are in trouble !!!!

sooner-n-ga
9/17/2007, 09:10 PM
On the national championship picture, our team is in trouble because of our schedule being so weak.

The Big East has better top 5 than the Big 12. South Florida or Cincinnati will finish 4th or 5th in the Big East, but they would win our North division easily.

Colorado lost to a terrible FSU team, OSU got embarrassed by Troy and Nebraska got whipped by the Trojans.

We are 4th behind USC, LSU and Florida. All three are on the same level with our sooners. We will need Florida to beat LSU in the regular season and then lose to the Tigers in the SEC championship game (or vis versa). UCLA showed they weren't a match for USC this year with their performance this past weekend. There is a hope that California or Oregon can sneak up on the Trojans, but USC looks pretty good.

We might be the Auburn this year, on the outside looking in !

birddog
9/17/2007, 09:14 PM
you're about 6 weeks too early on this thread.

StuIsTheMan
9/17/2007, 09:15 PM
On the national championship picture, our team is in trouble because of our schedule being so weak.

The Big East has better top 5 than the Big 12. South Florida or Cincinnati will finish 4th or 5th in the Big East, but they would win our North division easily.

Colorado lost to a terrible FSU team, OSU got embarrassed by Troy and Nebraska got whipped by the Trojans.

We are 4th behind USC, LSU and Florida. All three are on the same level with our sooners. We will need Florida to beat LSU in the regular season and then lose to the Tigers in the SEC championship game (or vis versa). UCLA showed they weren't a match for USC this year with their performance this past weekend. There is a hope that California or Oregon can sneak up on the Trojans, but USC looks pretty good.

man chill...suc should drop one so, if we run the gambit, we should be in w/ LSU or Florida...it's along season man, take it easy.

And after last year I for one am glad to see the "light" schedule.

BOOMER!

Cam
9/17/2007, 09:15 PM
All you can do is take care of who's on your schedule.

It's a long season, anything can happen and probably will.

OUinFLA
9/17/2007, 09:16 PM
you're about 6 weeks too early on this thread.

or..........1 page too late.
:D

OK2LA
9/17/2007, 09:17 PM
We will need Florida to beat LSU in the regular season and then lose to the Tigers in the SEC championship game (or vis versa).

We may need for 1 of those teams to lose more than once, and go into the SEC Championship game with MORE than 1 loss.

Even if Florida beats LSU (or vice versa) and then that team doesn't lose again, and then gets redemption in the SEC championship game - they will likely get chosen over an unbeaten OU team that played a cupcake Big XII schedule. (Media's words - not mine . . . . but not too far from the truth as it stands right now.)

soonersam
9/17/2007, 09:20 PM
restart this thread in Nov and I'll be right there with ya.. MAybe!!

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 09:22 PM
troll fever....

KantoSooner
9/17/2007, 09:24 PM
Okay, our sos 'sucks', but will it suck when the BCS comes out? Who knows, but UT, Miami, TAMU, North Champ, Mizzou and maybe TT will all be very possible top 25 by year's end.

With sos not being as highly weighted in bcs as in year's past and considering that there's squat we can do about it now except for OU to continue winning, there's no point in getting lathered up about it.

Let's just go beat Tulsa, eliminate turnovers, get more penetration into the backfield, work on the running game and in general go 'zen' on the opposition.

sendbaht
9/17/2007, 09:25 PM
It will all work out. Lets just win all our games. We do have Sooner Magic.

yermom
9/17/2007, 09:28 PM
the computers are basically a joke, all we really need to do is impress pollsters. and they don't have a history of picking one-loss teams over big time undefeated teams.

it's still a little early to worry about though, we haven't even played a conference game yet, and neither have most of the teams mentioned. there is generally a lot more parity in the conference games and it's pretty unpredictable

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 09:34 PM
If we win out we will be fine but it is almost insane to start worrying about these scenarios this early...if you have ever been through a college football season before you know, as Forest Gump would say, **** happens......

leavingthezoo
9/17/2007, 09:39 PM
if you panic this early you're going to have nothing left to spend in like... a whole other week and stuff.

Vaevictis
9/17/2007, 09:39 PM
I'm going to laugh my *** off if we get into the MNC this year because the BCS doesn't weigh SOS as heavily as it used to.

(Being that, as I recall, they reduced its weight because we previously got in because our SOS was so high.)

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 09:41 PM
We have a lot of tough games left !!!!!

OK2LA
9/17/2007, 09:43 PM
We have a lot of tough games left !!!!!

You are overexaggerating. We have a cakewalk to the MNC!

Admit it!

Collier11
9/17/2007, 10:56 PM

South Florida would compete, Cincy wouldnt have a chance in hell at the North

We are 4th behind USC, LSU and Florida. All three are on the same level with our sooners. We will need Florida to beat LSU in the regular season and then lose to the Tigers in the SEC championship game (or vis versa). UCLA showed they weren't a match for USC this year with their performance this past weekend.
Did you not see the 7-6 Bruins beat all mighty usc last year?

There is a hope that California or Oregon can sneak up on the Trojans, but USC looks pretty good.

Dumb post! we are three weeks into the season, we still have to go beat Texas among others, Usc still has oregon, ucla, cal, among others, florida has 4 ranked opponents plus Florida state and auburn, lsu still has 4 ranked opponents plus arkansas and auburn. Try again in about 6 weeks!

badger
9/17/2007, 11:04 PM

And this is why you're in the red.

Whine, whine. We are sooooo not going to the nat'l champ game, boo hoo. We are so doomed and the pollsters don't like us, sniff sniff, cry cry. Hatred for the Big 12, no respect, arggggggh.

OSU fans must read this and cry themselves to sleep at night. Here we are, sitting 3-0 with a signature, historic-proportion revenging win against Miami, whereas they are the butt of every office joke in Oklahoma for falling to Troy on national television. Oh, and they're 1-2 and likely sitting out bowl season. And their quarterback, both backup and starter, SUCKS. And their coach is an idiot on defense... and sometimes offense too.

You're what's wrong with Sooner Nation--- always looking for some way to ruin a perfect situation. When considering all that could have gone wrong is now going right, why complain?

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 11:08 PM
And this is why you're in the red.

Whine, whine. We are sooooo not going to the nat'l champ game, boo hoo. We are so doomed and the pollsters don't like us, sniff sniff, cry cry. Hatred for the Big 12, no respect, arggggggh.

OSU fans must read this and cry themselves to sleep at night. Here we are, sitting 3-0 with a signature, historic-proportion revenging win against Miami, whereas they are the butt of every office joke in Oklahoma for falling to Troy on national television. Oh, and they're 1-2 and likely sitting out bowl season. And their quarterback, both backup and starter, SUCKS. And their coach is an idiot on defense... and sometimes offense too.

You're what's wrong with Sooner Nation--- always looking for some way to ruin a perfect situation. When considering all that could have gone wrong is now going right, why complain?

Totally agree...

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone else notice the increase in NicZepish type posts recently? Anyone?

SoonerDood
9/17/2007, 11:12 PM
I was thinking it was everyone who sits behind me!

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 11:13 PM

Doesn't it happen every year ???

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 11:13 PM
I'm going to laugh my *** off if we get into the MNC this year because the BCS doesn't weigh SOS as heavily as it used to.

(Being that, as I recall, they reduced its weight because we previously got in because our SOS was so high.)

Think they would rethink the OU rule if that were to happen? They adjust it to keep us out, we take advantage of the change, they change it again to include SOS... Hey, anyone know, don't we have games with Tennessee, Miami, Notre Dame, and Maybe even LoSUr in coming years? Change back to include SOS, I dare ya!:texan:

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 11:14 PM
"Post One for the Zepper"

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 11:14 PM
Doesn't it happen every year ???

Yeah, guess it does. Maybe we should make a chicken little troll board just for these folks.

SelmaBamaFan
9/17/2007, 11:15 PM
The ****ing sky is falling oh ****!

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 11:16 PM

Nice win for Bama over Arkie...

badger
9/17/2007, 11:17 PM
How funny that you say that, considering your rival Auburn and recent victim Arkansas are probably screaming that at the top of their lungs now :D

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 11:18 PM
"Post One for the Zepper"

Mr. Castiglione, tear down this stadium, we can't win another NC because there are still 20 undefeated teams in the nation who are ahead of us! Throw in the power towel.

eh, thats the best I got..... I ain't good at this negative stuff

Soonerus
9/17/2007, 11:22 PM
Mr. Castiglione, tear down this stadium, we can't win another NC because there are still 20 undefeated teams in the nation who are ahead of us! Throw in the power towel.

eh, thats the best I got..... I ain't good at this negative stuff

Senator Hybl, I knew Senator Bradford, you are no Senator Bradford...

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2007, 11:26 PM
Senator Hybl, I knew Senator Bradford, you are no Senator Bradford...

You can tell alot about a team's character by their way of beating cupcakes.

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 01:33 AM
Wow...So many dirty jokes based on that last post and here I am out of time and feeling like I should at least attempt to be tasteful...

Doged
9/18/2007, 02:40 AM
Wow...So many dirty jokes based on that last post and here I am out of time and feeling like I should at least attempt to be tasteful...

Tasteful is highly over rated.... much like BCS whining 3 games into the season. ;)

IGotNoTiming
9/18/2007, 09:36 AM
Will somebody get me a Serenity Prayer?!?!?!?!?

oupride
9/18/2007, 09:50 AM
You are too early. C,mon who has LSU or USC played? Neither one of those teams have shown they deserve their ranking to me. Its too early.

Collier11
9/18/2007, 10:15 AM

Jerk.....:D

RedstickSooner
9/18/2007, 10:19 AM
Threads like this make me worry we'll lose to Tulsa.

Scott D
9/18/2007, 11:03 AM
Threads like this make me worry we'll lose to Tulsa.

threads like this remind me that there is way too high of a ratio of stupid to sensible in this world.

TUSooner
9/18/2007, 11:05 AM
Yes. It's too early. And all the Sooners need to think about is winning the next game.

BUT...
UNLESS Big XII teams start winning some out-of-conference games against respectable opponents, there will be no viable argument against the proposition that the Big XII is weaker than the SEC, Pac 10, Big T'eleven, and prolly even the Big East.
That's why I always pull for the Big XII, even Osu and Tejas, when they play out of conference.

Collier11
9/18/2007, 11:52 AM
No matter what the rest of the Big 12 does, the media will always spin it as OU beat a subpar Miami team, lost to Oregon(even though we didnt lose), cant beat a boise st team that doesnt have any D1 talent even though those same people ranked them top 10, etc... We are just a team that everyone loves to pile on and take away from so what can you say, we just need to win and not worry about other teams!

soonermix
9/18/2007, 03:53 PM
call me back after we win the big 12 championship and are undefeated then we will talk about our nc chances

mizzOUstu702
9/18/2007, 03:59 PM

You've been listening to Colin Coward way too much...chill out. We just need to win football games--'nuff said.